Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 8th February 2008, 11:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

This will take the cake. We applied for reliance net in our place in mumbai. The tech team came and gave us details of the different prices. Then a guy comes to check the signal strength and told we will not be able to get the connection as the signal strength is weak. So we left the hope of getting a net connection. Four weaks later we had a surprise in the form of a bill!!! Imagine getting a bill for an item which you did never buy. My friend calls up the customer care and blasted them as these guys are always telling you to wait and hold the line and also its STD and they made him hold for 8 mins or so. The connection was cancelled but left a really GR8 reputation(@#$@) of these bunch of I#$@S.
maddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 11:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Any particular reason that you want to go for Wimax instead of the regular broadband which is much cheaper, fast and reliable.
problem with airtel, all the ports in my area is in use... so dont know when will i get the connection.
Bsnl though i have applied no news from them...need a net connection asap:([/quote]

Ports busy ? What do you mean by that ? There could be more subscribers for a given base station. Is this the fixed Wimax network that they have ?
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 11:57   #18
BHPian

Im using wimax since last 4 months in bangalore. not that im a fan of it but i dont have any other choice. Things were ok the first week. then problems started. most of teh times no connection was available and i had called to their cc many times. atlast my patience was lost and shot mails to whichever id i could get from their site. in 2 days 2 guys came and fixed teh issue. it was attributed to the antenna not being fixed properly.
after 2 days the same issue started to resurface. i again shot mails and called them up. i requested full refund for the days on which connection wasnt avaiable. since then everything is fine. i got the refund and no issues with connection.

whenever you call them please ask for a complaint number/ref id
rajesh1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 13:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
problem with airtel, all the ports in my area is in use... so dont know when will i get the connection.
Bsnl though i have applied no news from them...need a net connection asap:(
Ports busy ? What do you mean by that ? There could be more subscribers for a given base station. Is this the fixed Wimax network that they have ?[/quote]

Srishiva i was talking about airtel, ye here they have fixed no of connectiopn which they can give in an area...

btw did read some reviews on Tata Indicom wimax, even it is a bundel of problems. now i am left with only choice of waiting eiher for airtel or bsnl:(
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 14:18   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

why not just delete this thread, and instead start a "I love reliance WiMAX" thread? ask all your padosis to see it, get them to migrate to Airtel. Offer to carry their cancellation form, take your own form together as well. voila
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 14:40   #21
Team-BHP Support

This is one thing I really like about airtel, they don't keep adding subscribers blindly.
Once a limit is reached they stop issuing new connections.
So on my 512Mbps unlimited connection I get actual download speeds of 65kbps.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 15:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
This is one thing I really like about airtel, they don't keep adding subscribers blindly.

that a good speed! I get at the max of 40~45kbps with the 512Mbps unlimited connection!

lohithrao, why dont you get one of those data card / usb modem sticks from reliance (!!!) or TataIndicom ?

Last edited by HappyWheels : 8th February 2008 at 15:03.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 15:40   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
that a good speed! I get at the max of 40~45kbps with the 512Mbps unlimited connection!

lohithrao, why dont you get one of those data card / usb modem sticks from reliance (!!!) or TataIndicom ?
512MBPS??? u SURE?? AND ONLY 40 KBPS? (i think u mean 512 kbps).I Get around 150-300kbps download on my 2 mbps connection!
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 10:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

lohithrao, why dont you get one of those data card / usb modem sticks from reliance (!!!) or TataIndicom ?[/quote]

Dont you think i have suffered enough! don't want to continue or increase my suffering hehe

Did read some review on mouthshut about tataindicoms plug2surf....its worse! according to the reviews...
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 12:28   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Dont you think i have suffered enough! don't want to continue or increase my suffering hehe

Did read some review on mouthshut about tataindicoms plug2surf....its worse! according to the reviews...[/quote]

In Bangalore USB modem from Tata is real bad, i have tried it and got frustrated. My Airtel GPRS was faster than that!
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 12:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I have a reliance Netconnect PCMCIA card. I have used it once while travelling. Even Google mail won't open comfortably. Speeds are horrible.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 13:07   #27
BHPian

Quote:

Dont even think about the data card and usb card.. Useless. Total waste.

Last edited by hrman : 9th February 2008 at 13:08.
hrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 13:28   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
512MBPS??? u SURE?? AND ONLY 40 KBPS? (i think u mean 512 kbps).I Get around 150-300kbps download on my 2 mbps connection!
my bad... got confused between my K's and M's!

if only, if only, we had 512MBPS!
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 17:29   #29
BHPian

I wanted to start a similar thread about Reliance Wimax, good that Lohith has posted on it all ready.

I have had the connection from past two months, and the so call 2Mbps connection is worst than a dialup.

So far I have used it for 2 weeks, if fact it just worked for two weeks and then died, Made a lot of complaints, but to no use.

The best part in all this is I have received a bill of Rs 26,000, for the two weeks usage. Which they expect me to pay.

SO its my sincere request to all of you is to stay away from reliance wimax.

Hellcat
Hellcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 18:12   #30
Senior - BHPian

Lohith - why dont you try Tata Indicom Wimax. Check for its availability in your area. I have it at home and the speed is excellent. I initialy had the slow speed problems. The technicians set it right by pointing the antenna in right direction. No problems at all since then.

Also note that the antenna has be at the highest point possible on your house or you get bad signals.
vikram_d is online now   Reply With Quote