Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2015, 12:06   #76
BHPian
 
ganeshsp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 33
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Relocating to Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamk View Post
PS: Even if you have a smart card, the RC will have a section that says "Hypothecation". Once you get it removed, you will get a new smart card that says "Hypothecation: Nil"
I got the RC in Feb 2014, and there is no mention of hypothecation anywhere in the smart card - even while the loan was running.
ganeshsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2015, 20:55   #77
BHPian
 
hothatchaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 495
Thanked: 472 Times
Default Re: Relocating to Chennai

Bumping this thread up, can someone suggest rental options in nearby areas if one is working out of Nandanam, Anna Salai? Preference is for residential areas suitable for a family to relocate to and the cap on the monthly rental is flexible provided the locality justifies the premium, if any. Am assuming that Chennai rentals are comparable to Bangalore (say areas there which are counterparts to the Indiranagars and Koramangalas of Bangalore)

Preference is for localities which are relatively cosmopolitan and not involving a commute of more than 30 minutes, in that order.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by aah78 : 29th July 2015 at 21:49. Reason: Cross post in other thread removed. Thanks for reporting!
hothatchaway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2015, 22:01   #78
Senior - BHPian
 
Gansan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,417
Thanked: 860 Times
Default Re: Moving to Chennai, Need Help.

The office will be in Nandanam? Then you can stay at Nandanam itself and walk to work; or Venkatanarayana Road / thereabouts in T'nagar, which will just be a couple of km away from work.
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2015, 22:57   #79
BHPian
 
Grand Drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 660
Thanked: 273 Times
Default Re: Moving to Chennai, Need Help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Preference is for localities which are relatively cosmopolitan and not involving a commute of more than 30 minutes, in that order.
You can try in localities around Cenotaph Road and Nandanam.
Grand Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2015, 12:59   #80
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 115
Thanked: 113 Times
Default Re: Moving to Chennai, Need Help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Bumping this thread up, can someone suggest rental options in nearby areas if one is working out of Nandanam, Anna Salai? Preference is for residential areas suitable for a family to relocate to and the cap on the monthly rental is flexible provided the locality justifies the premium, if any. Am assuming that Chennai rentals are comparable to Bangalore (say areas there which are counterparts to the Indiranagars and Koramangalas of Bangalore)

Preference is for localities which are relatively cosmopolitan and not involving a commute of more than 30 minutes, in that order.

Thanks in advance
Anna Salai (Anna road) is like a dividing line between two parts of the city. On one side towards T. Nagar you will find lots of business and also the rental is relatively cheaper. The other side of the road like Alwarpet, Raja Annamalaipuram, TTK Road etc are super expensive.

I would say start your search around T. Nagar. Average single bedroom is around 10K i would say. a double would be around 15K.
krcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 10:44   #81
BHPian
 
hothatchaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 495
Thanked: 472 Times
Default Re: Relocating to Chennai

Thanks all for your pointers, can you also suggest serviced apartments around Anna Salai, Nandanam that one can use as temporarily?

thanks
hothatchaway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 15:48   #82
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 63
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: Relocating to Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Preference is for localities which are relatively cosmopolitan and not involving a commute of more than 30 minutes, in that order.
You should take a look at Kotturpuram, Alwarpet - TTK Road and thereabouts, RA Puram, T.Nagar.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Thanks all for your pointers, can you also suggest serviced apartments around Anna Salai, Nandanam that one can use as temporarily?

thanks
I have used Absolute Homes in the past for my guests. They have a pretty nice place in Kotturpuram. You could check them out.
jk007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Relocating to the UK superavi Shifting gears 91 24th September 2013 18:22
Relocating from BLR to Siliguri meerkat Shifting gears 26 14th March 2008 14:55
Relocating to BLR amtak Shifting gears 0 5th February 2008 20:06
R1 relocating problem! vidurc Superbikes & Imports 2 8th March 2006 18:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:09.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks