Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 27th February 2008, 13:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

We just terminated the services of First Flight yesterday for our office. They were billing us approximately 3-4 times in excess of the amount of our actual bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Use blue-dart for anything important/ expensive.
Agreed!
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 13:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

I've had bad experiences with virutally every courier company in the market except for Blue Dart & TNT but they are quite expensive & can't be used all the time by a small company.

But yes, of late First Flight has been going the Professional Couriers way i.e. downward.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 14:05   #18
rkg
Senior - BHPian

My experience with DTDC is worse than this. in their case the online tracking system shows the package as delivered. so if one complains to HQ you get a reply that it is delivered where as in reality it is not.
recently i have sent a parcel from bangalore to vizag. it reached there after four days but not delivered for another four days. finally it reached the destination after numerous calls and complaints to HQ. whenever we call the HQ of vizag office they say it was sent to local area office. when you call local area office they tell you that they have not received it yet. but net tracking was showing it as delivered long before

same thing happened last year when DTDC was used to send something from bangalore to chitturgarh. they simply told the receiving party they deliver only if they have more letters in that locality till then one has to wait or collect themselves.
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 14:09   #19
BANNED

Talking

I have a feeling somebody from FirstFlight is a member of TBHP. That person read your thread and decided to deliver ASAP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
Alright guys...I just got a call from my mother that she received the parcel now. At last!
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 14:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

Some time back, The idiots (Unprofessional Couriers) had lost the experience letter from my previous company, that my brother had couriered to me!! Imagine 8 plus years of exp and proof of it lost by these stupid guys. Luckily, I somehow managed to get a duplicate copy issued.

After that, I told my bro not to send anything important by courier or post. I prefer to personally go and pick them up !!
spadival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 16:49   #21
BHPian

I prefer speed post over pvt courier services. So far luckily GOI has not let me down.

Regards,
amohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 17:04   #22
BHPian

also had a bad experience with First Flight, Bangalore. I'm a business man here in trivandrum and sent a 50 inch plasma tv via first flight. My friend the buyer of the tv called up two days later and said the TV is broken! the delivery team just dropped it off at his doorsteps and ran without even waiting to get his signature. luckily i had insured it and after endless calls and tension finally got it through!

but as someone said its the same everywhere and if you have anything important to send then its safer to send it via Blue Dart even if they do charge a bomb!
deathwalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 17:33   #23
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Alright guys...I just got a call from my mother that she received the parcel now. At last!
good to hear that your problem is solved.

But do a favor to everyone, take them to cleaners and teach them a lesson. I would still suggest you ask for a refund. That should be a good lesson for them.
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 18:12   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
good to hear that your problem is solved.

But do a favor to everyone, take them to cleaners and teach them a lesson. I would still suggest you ask for a refund. That should be a good lesson for them.
It should be HP who can claim the refund, because they paid for the shipping, not me.

I know it will lead to more headaches for me to contact HP and ask them to process a refund and ask them to claim the money back from First Flight...in all probablitities they will ask me to ignore it, because I already received the item.

But maybe I will send the link for this thread to the management of First Flight, who did not bother to respond to my emails.
gopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 18:52   #25
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
It should be HP who can claim the refund, because they paid for the shipping, not me.
Maybe you can provide feedback to HP and suggest that they do not use firstflight....
Old 27th February 2008, 19:04   #26
jp1
BHPian

Default Blue dart is no way better

My experience with Blue Dart was very bad. HSBC couriered me their secuirty device (to be used with Internet banking) and it tooks 2 months for me to receive it. You would be wondering what Blue dart recorded for non delivery, The addressee shifted!. I am staying in the same place for the last 10 Years! and hsbc sends all other normal bankings statements through other couriers which I get prompty. Expensive couriers does not mean good service. I had repeated problems with Blue Dart.
jp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 21:08   #27
BHPian

FirstFlight couriers does wonders for me though. I am a Seller on eBay selling electronics and other stupid stuff, and I always use FirstFlight couriers. Local couriers would be delivered in the same day if booked in the morning, and national couriers would take 24 hours and in some cases a maximum of 3 days. (Buyers happy ! )

PS: I neither represent FirstFlight couriers nor act as their affiliate in any possible manner.
amitwiz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 22:34   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

First flight is decent. We send all office cheques, and sensitive documents that ways.

Its just a bad egg. But then in a courier boy's salary, you wouldn't get satyavadi harishchandras' would you?

I suggest you take these dudes to police to force them to listen.
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 22:44   #29
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
But then in a courier boy's salary, you wouldn't get satyavadi harishchandras' would you?
That i dont agree with. There is no link between salary and honesty. You will find extremely dishonest millionaires...

But i can agree with your underlying message that it could be a dishonest courier boy. However, FirstFlight management did nothing despite repeated complaints from gopz....