Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 14th March 2008, 16:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Ok so the plot has interesting twists now

Spoke to HDFC and lodged a Charge Dispute complaint yesterday. Funnily, the call center lady didn't know what a Charge Dispute complaint was, and why on earth would a customer want to lodge it

Basically, HDFC wants to shift the blame on PVR saying that there is no such offer for Gold card holders. When I pointed her to the newspaper ad and the web link on which it was mentioned, she said "I will check it out with my seniors and get back to you"

So in the end, PVR is saying its HDFC/Visa who is to be blamed and the bank is saying vice versa. A mail to PVR Feedback and Support has not been replied to yet.

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 14th March 2008 at 16:22.
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2008, 19:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default VISA PVR Offer - An eye opener : UPDATE

An update and very unethical behavior on HDFC's part.

I received a reply from them saying that they have investigated my claim and "I have mis-understood the offer terms". According to the email received from HDFC

"We wish to appraise on the eligibility on the offer. To avail discount on the tickets @ PVR cinemas you need to purchase minimum of 3 tickets and the 3rd ticket is free up front and there will not be any refund or cash back. In view of the there is no discount on purchase of 2 tickets"

On seeing this, I got infuriated as I am very sure the guy is falsifying the Terms & Conditions to just pass on the buck, or to close my complaint. The email 'told' me that since the Charge Dispute was againest my favor, the complaint was closed.

I checked with few of my friends and they said they have got the offer even on purchase of 2 tickets. I also went back to VISA and PVR's website to read the fine print and the offer again. This is what I found:

1. Book your ticket at Welcome to pvrcinemas.com and get a free ticket for your companion (i.e. Buy 1 get 1 free)

2. During the Offer Period, and subject to the terms set out below, PVR customers who use Visa Signature, Platinum or Gold Cards to buy cinema tickets through Welcome to pvrcinemas.com will receive one free ticket out of every two tickets purchased ("Visa PVR Offer").

3. The one free ticket shall be given out of every two tickets purchased in the same purchase transaction. Thus, if a customer books 4 tickets in a single transaction, he will need to pay for only 2 tickets, as the other 2 tickets will be free. However, if the customer books 3 tickets, he can avail of only 1 free ticket then, and has to pay full price for the other 2 tickets. The offer is not available if only 1 cinema ticket is booked.

As far as my understanding goes, the offer clearly states "BUY 1 TICKET, GET 1 TICKET FREE"

Here is the link for the same Visa South Asia | Take a friend to the movies, compliments of Visa

I then escalated this complaint to higher officials of HDFC (Banking Ombudsmen Zonal Officer and Grievance Officer) and have also threatened them to be taken to the Consumer Courts and Media (Of course I know this threat will not work on them).

Lets see what transpires and I will update this thread soon.
Old 1st April 2008, 20:51   #18
BHPian

Story: PVR sucks. The End.
vebmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2008, 12:20   #19
Team-BHP Support

Just booked 2 tickets using a platinum Visa.
Copy pasted from pvr site:

Total : 220.00
Amount Payable : 110

Its not yet reflected on my card' website. If any different I will post it here.

so its 1 ticket free for one ticket paid.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2008, 12:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Just booked 2 tickets using a platinum Visa.
Copy pasted from pvr site:

Total : 220.00
Amount Payable : 110

Its not yet reflected on my card' website. If any different I will post it here.

so its 1 ticket free for one ticket paid.
Thanks bblost. This reaffirms my doubt that the HDFC guy was rushing to close the complaint by falsifying the T&C
Old 2nd April 2008, 12:37   #21
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Thanks bblost. This reaffirms my doubt that the HDFC guy was rushing to close the complaint by falsifying the T&C
HDFC guys are idiots and fools.

Once i had gone to submit form 15G for my mom. its to claim exemption from TDS for FD's held by her.

The form needs "Signature of the person responsible for paying the income" . Not only the lower staff but also their branch manager asked me to get my mom's signature there.

After lot of arguing, these dumbheads realized that they are the ones giving the income and it needs their signature.

But, now since they have not cared to read the offer terms and address your complaint seriously, you should complain against them to RBI BO.

Last edited by LLL : 2nd April 2008 at 12:38.
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2008, 12:52   #22
Team-BHP Support

Screenshot of the email from PVR.
Attached Images

Old 23rd April 2008, 19:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Default Victory!

I had forwarded their falsification of offer terms to Banking Ombudsmen email ID and also marked a copy to HDFC Zonal Redressal Officer.

Just got a call from HDFC Credit card. They accepted their mistake, saying that a wrong fact was stated by one of their customer care officers. "As an exception" they will reverse 50% of the amount charged to my card.

Thanks BBlost for providing your transaction details. It really helped me take their case.
Old 23rd April 2008, 19:22   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Nishant. Admire your perseverence in getting the HDFC guys to agree to their mistakes. These guys dont acknowledge their mistakes easily but perseverence pays .
Great job bro,.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 19:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Congratulations Nishant. Admire your perseverence in getting the HDFC guys to agree to their mistakes. These guys dont acknowledge their mistakes easily but perseverence pays .
Great job bro,.
Thanks man! It was not an issue about money. From the start, it was the attitude problem of HDFC (not owning up to the mistake) and PVR (passing on the buck). Of course, the falsifying of the offer T&C really blew my fuse and thats when I decided to pursue this matter till the end.
Old 23rd April 2008, 21:51   #26
Team-BHP Support

Nishant looking at your signature right now:

If I could wake up in a different place, at a different time, could I wake up as a different person?
~Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

All I will say is that I am happy
A copy of a Copy of a Copy helped you.

Guys who have read Fight Club will understand, the rest can recycle toilet paper.