Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 12th December 2014, 13:17   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Reliance to shut petrol pumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Bumping up:

Were not Reliance supposed to start opening their fuel station outlets after the pricing of crude stabilized or favored it to the extent of it being operational?

Any information?
Just last week I saw one reliance petrol pump open on the NH4. This is about 25 kms from Pune in the Bangalore direction.
athanedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2014, 14:05   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
Just last week I saw one reliance petrol pump open on the NH4. This is about 25 kms from Pune in the Bangalore direction.
I have seen some open, but mostly with Auto Gas I suppose. Did you get a chance to see if they are dispensing petrol/diesel?
ILTDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2014, 11:58   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

While in a conversation today, was told of one point which could logically explain why the bunks are sitting idle. The actual owners of the land (where the bunks are at) had paid a huge deposit (upto 25L) to the company as part of their contract with the company. The company was doing well at that time, and people who invested did not anticipate that Reliance may run into supply problems from their wells. But when this happened, the company stopped supplies.

What about the deposit ? Well, the contract specifies a certain term period. If the land owner / franchisee breaks it then he loses at least his deposit. So he is forced to sit on that idle infra.

The person who gave this piece of info has a friend who has invested in a bunk ..

This aspect is actually in contrast to the first batch of bunks where the land owners were not required to pay that deposit. (Again, this part from another source). The land owners of the first batch actually had got good incentives to open the bunks. Though, they are also sitting idle with that infra.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 06:57   #49
BHPian

I know that this is an old thread, but I just filled petrol at a Reliance bunk close to Chittoor in AP. Looks like some are still running.
Any idea of how the quality of their petrol is?
BenjiRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 07:34   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I know that this is an old thread, but I just filled petrol at a Reliance bunk close to Chittoor in AP. Looks like some are still running.
Any idea of how the quality of their petrol is?
The Reliance near my house at Mysore is open since ~5-6 months now.

Petrol is as good as Shell if not better and is nearly 1 Rupee cheaper.
SunnyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 10:14   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday, when driving on NH25 (Kanpur-Lucknow) which is on the E-W corridor, I saw the Reliance bunk back in business. I think the Petrol/Diesel was also working.

In ther past it had been my favourite pump..

Last edited by sgiitk : 8th February 2016 at 10:16.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 12:02   #52
Senior - BHPian

In Gujarat last week, saw something fantastic:
Reliance diesel 2 rupees cheaper than PSU diesel!

The Reliance people told that with the price of crude so low, and the price of diesel and petrol kept artificially high by the Govt+PSU nexus, Reliance can make a killing.
alpha1 is offline   Reply With Quote