Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 10th May 2011, 11:21   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Pune - Mumbai expressway toll raised to Rs.165

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith2 View Post
IRB Infrastructure's chairman and managing director Virendra D Mhaiskar is Sharad Pawar's stooge. IRB is owned by Pawar.
The company handling gurgaon delhi Eway raised the toll by Rs 1. i am sure they have increased their revenue by a few crores per month, while giving poor services and frequent jams at the toll.
SX4LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 11:53   #32
BHPian

Toll Raised from Rs 140/- to Rs 165/- there is a escalation by 17.85 % approximately.

Rs 99 for lonavala and the guy at ticket counter not giving one Rs 1 change must be making a quick for themselves.

I remember few years back when we use to pay at toll Naka they use to return Rs 2/- Munch choclate i think the toll then was Rs 138/- something correct me if am wrong. I had an agrument with the guy why choclate no change given back ? He said its like that only, so i said next time i should give you choclate or any other eatable item equivalent to toll fare. I am sure they might have made bugs in Choclate's also buying them at much cheaper rates and giving them back in exchange of Rs 2/- change.
driving_smartly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 12:20   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post

Rs 99 for lonavala and the guy at ticket counter not giving one Rs 1 change must be making a quick for themselves.
Step 1. Ask for your change back when he gives you the ticket

Step 2. He will ask YOU for Re 1, saying that he will give you Rs 2

Step 3. Tell him you dont have Re 1 to satsify his whims and it is his job to give you change

Step 4. Stare long and hard at him and call his bluff

Step 5. He will give you Rs 2 and you can go on your way
genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 12:29   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
Step 1. Ask for your change back when he gives you the ticket

Step 2. He will ask YOU for Re 1, saying that he will give you Rs 2

Step 3. Tell him you dont have Re 1 to satsify his whims and it is his job to give you change

But most of us are so impatient that when the toll booth operator says he does not have a rupee we also let it go thinking that it is just 1 rupee. But I have never encountered a situation where the chnage is not there with the toll booth operator. They normally have the change ready along with the receipt when they see the amount of the note you have in your hand.
Saanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 12:33   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post

Most of the time I am travelling with my family and they do not like me getting into any kind of arguments as they know I am very much short tempered and start arguing for even non-sense things . Off late i am very much cool but do loose my patents if something like this happens. They will be much happier to let Re 1/- go.

The guy might give you Rs 2 only if he had not given Re1/- change to earlier cars if not then i am sure nobody would pay from their own pocket
driving_smartly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 13:16   #36
Senior - BHPian

Question Re: Pune - Mumbai expressway toll raised to Rs.165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akki_5 View Post
Toll charges raised to Rs. 165/- per side. (from Rs. 140/-)
Since when was this effective from? Also with the possibility of Diesel prices being raised would we see an increase in the toll for the heavy vehicles too or has that been already raised in line with the raise fro the LCV.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 16:07   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS View Post
i've been travelling extensively on the highway and it's upkeep just keeps on deteriorating.
Fully agree with you. The surface quality is going down and down steadily. It has become so uneven. Palm beach road is far better to drive on
AkMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2012, 22:58   #38
BHPian

How do you enter Expressway from Khopoli for Pune? Can I continue on Eway from the point where NH4 joins Eway before Lonavala, and continue to Pune on Eway? The question I have is, there is no toll plaza at this point so the only plaza would be the one that is just before Pune. So could the operator question how I am on the Eway if I have not paid toll at Khalapur Toll Plaza or at Lonavala Toll Plaza?

Also, is it possible to buy a return toll ticket on expressway like the regular tolled roads? Normally for return toll, they charge only 1.5 times on regular roads and it is valid till 12 am the same day.

Last edited by shipnil : 12th March 2012 at 23:02.
shipnil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2012, 01:33   #39
BHPian

The operator understands that you have joined midway. As far as I know, there are no return tolls on MUM-PUN expressway.
cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 17:00   #40
BHPian

The road that joins the Eway from Khopoli until Lonavala is a freeway. That mean all vehicles including two wheelers and cars can use the Eway from the Khopoli entry/exit point till Lonavala or visa versa free of cost. Further if you continue your journey to Pune you just need to pay the toll operator before Pune a 99rupee charge or show your Mumbai toll ticket of 165rs. So far there is no return ticket available for Eway!
SunChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 17:37   #41
Senior - BHPian

Edit: Last year August, I paid Rs. 165 toll for this road. Hope, they should not increase it soon. Road surface and maintenance does not match with such high toll charge.

Last edited by anujmishra : 19th March 2012 at 17:40. Reason: Just saw this is old thread.
anujmishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2012, 21:38   #42
BHPian

I could not find any topic where I could ask this (regarding Lonavala) - I thought this would be the best place to ask. I went to Lonavala yesterday and came back just today. While going there we encounter 2 toll nakas - One at Vashi and one is the expressway one. Now when on expressway and going towards Lonavala we need to take a left to go towards Lonavala (basically take a road which branches out of the expressway). So the road goes under a bridge and there were barricades on that road and a group of people were standing. They were asking for Rs 30 as pollution tax for entering into Lonavala. This is the first time I saw this and was surprised to see this - I asked him that never before I had paid any sort of tax at this place. The guy replied that this toll collection has been started recently. Now these guys were not in any uniform or anything - They just looked like some college guys. He even gave us a receipt for this - I looked at the receipt and it just looked like some "chanda" collecting receipt. We did not argue or anything but just paid the sum and moved on.

Now before leaving Lonavala we decided to visit Tiger point (the way which passes through Bushi Dam). At that point too there were some guys collecting toll. Every car there was paying it - What I find surprising that I never paid anything while going to Tiger point. So at that point the toll guy asked us to pay Rs 40. I had two 10 rupee notes and asked my friends in the car if they had any change. Looking at this the toll guy said "Bhaiaya chalo 20 rupye hi dedo (Just give Rs 20)". Of course this looked very random and shocking.

What I am asking is - Anyone who has been to Lonavala recently faced this? Is this a trick played by the locals to make some money on weekends? I do not mind paying if this toll collection is official but the way the toll guy just took 20 rupees instead of 40 surprises me - It is like just give whatever sum you have.
Saanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2012, 22:00   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post

What I am asking is - Anyone who has been to Lonavala recently faced this? Is this a trick played by the locals to make some money on weekends? I do not mind paying if this toll collection is official but the way the toll guy just took 20 rupees instead of 40 surprises me - It is like just give whatever sum you have.
Had passed thorough Lonavala (Pune-Lonavala-Mumbai) two weeks back. Didn't face anything of the sort. But heard about this from others sometime back. I doubt if this is an official toll collection - seems to be a local money-making scheme. Did you see all vehicles being taxed?
ninjatalli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2012, 17:17   #44
BHPian

Quote:

Mate, this toll that you have paid is definetly NOT official. Have seen such occurences in the rural areas up North and even some places in Maharashtra (Vidarbha region in particular) but not at Lonavala.
kingofkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 10:35   #45
BHPian

Quote:
This is what you are referring to - Source Pune Mirror

Sena protests LMC’s environment tax

Collection booth ransacked over inflated tax charged by contractor

Pune Mirror Bureau editfeedback@indiatimes.com

Collection of pollution tax by the Lonavla Municipal Council became the target for protest on Monday by the Shiv Sena, which also ransacked the collection booth on the Pune-Mumbai highway. Protest leaders said until an official Government Resolution is produced authorising the LMC to collect such tax, collection will not be allowed.
The LMC started collecting Pollution and Passenger tax from vehicles entering the town since April 6 this year. The contractor appointed by the council collects Rs 15 per person as pollution tax andRs5perpersonaspassengertax.Vehiclesfrom Pune and Mumbai were given the option to purchasepassesofRs150forfour-wheelerspermonth or a yearly pass for Rs 1,500.
Shiv Sena’s Lonavla city chief Macchindra Kharade,wholedthegroupthatransackedthecollection booth, said, “Lonavla attracts tourists only becauseofitsnaturalbeauty,buttherehasbeenno attempt by LMC to develop it as a tourist destination. However, LMC is collecting taxes from people in the name of environment and pollution.”
He added that the Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation (MSRDC) had written to LMC asking for a report on such tax collection. “The contractor is charging Rs 20 per four wheeler instead of Rs 5, as stipulated by the LMC
This tax collection by the LMC is already under acloud as activists are claiming the Council has no right to collect tax under these heads without notification via a GR that designates Lonavla as a hill station.
Shivaji Memane, assistant chief officer, LMC, said, “The chief officer was in Pune when the incident happened. We have decided to take further decision only when he returns. It is a fact that we are authorised to collect the tax by the State government. We have received the letter from MSRDC. Since the chief officer is newly-appointed, he will be apprised of the matter soon.”

Sena supporters ransack the tax collection booth at Lonavla
idea is offline   Reply With Quote