Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 7th August 2008, 10:47   #151
Senior - BHPian

Default Tata Motors dealers to set up compact ‘F1’ outlets for Nano

Tata Motors dealers to set up compact ‘F1’ outlets for Nano

KOLKATA: Even as the Singur impasse continues, Tata Motors is revving up to make Nano available pan-India by the last quarter of this calendar year. It has asked existing dealers to set up compact showrooms, called F1, which will stock Nano. These F1 outlets will be located in city suburbs and in rural areas to help prospective buyers across the Indian heartland to home in on Nano.

Tata circles indicated the company will opt for a ‘hub and spoke model’ to market Nano in rural zones. While the main dealer showroom will be in metro or a tier-I city, smaller showrooms set up by a dealer will be located in suburbs and rural zones. These Nano showrooms would typically be in the 600-800 sqft range.

Sources hinted that some leading Tata Motors dealers had already started acquiring space in rural markets. “We are in constant dialogue with Tata Motors on how to market Nano in the best possible way. We have already been directed to open such small showrooms in the districts. Some have already acquired space for such F1 outlets,” said a leading Delhi-based dealer.

While Nano will be displayed prominently at these F1 outlets, the company has told dealers that efforts should be made to sell other Tata cars through these outlets too. “Tatas have plans to introduce a slew of new cars in the coming years. With that in mind, they have asked the dealers to open as many showrooms as possible in the districts. The outlets will also sell the company’s existing portfolio. The company believes a chunk of its sales in future will come from rural India,” Tata sources said.

When contacted, Tata Motors official spokersperson did not reveal the details of the proposed dealer network for marketing Nano.

Meanwhile, leading chambers of commerce in the city on Wednesday expressed concern over the continuing disruptions at major industrial installations which they felt “was severely affecting mega projects in West Bengal”. The reaction from chambers came in the wake of the Trinamool Congress’ intense campaign against the Tata Nano venture.

A joint statement issued by the chambers said: “We are turning the clock back and fuelling negative perceptions that will unarguably slow down the current momentum and choke off immediate and future investment prospects.” The statement was issued by the Confederation of Indian Industry, Bengal Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Bharat Chamber of Commerce, Calcutta Chamber of Commerce, Indian Chamber of Commerce, Merchants Chamber of Commerce and Oriental Chamber of Commerce.

Source : Tata Motors dealers to set up compact ?F1? outlets for Nano- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 14th September 2008, 10:05   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Question now is:
How much will the Nano finally cost?

Steel prices and sky high compensation prices and all the security/high insurance rates would make the Nano definitely miss even the 1.25L mark! What say people?
Old 14th September 2008, 11:02   #153
Senior - BHPian

I never believed that to be a viable price. I always took it to be a statement in spirit more than a committment to a number.

That being the case, it can still be released at the original price, a very limited edition, as it were. The TATAs have deep pockets. Within months, if not weeks, the price will be revised upwards.
Do recall it was the same during the advent of the Maruti 800!!
Old 16th September 2008, 18:56   #154
BHPian

So, what is the launch date? and start the booking?
Old 16th September 2008, 22:34   #155
Senior - BHPian

Default First 10 Nanos at a premium.

Nano has generated so much publicity the whole nation seems to be waiting for it. Even rich guys owning 4/5 cars seem keen on adding one to their stable.

May be Tata can auction first lot of 10 Nanos across nation at a premium to super rich and donate the proceeds to charity. I am sure Tata can find someone willing to pay even Rs.5 lakhs to be the first owner of a Nano in his city.
Old 16th September 2008, 22:44   #156
Senior - BHPian

I am sure you are right.. and the Nano might fetch a huge premium.

However, why would anybody pay 4 times the value of a Tata car ???
Old 16th September 2008, 23:23   #157
Senior - BHPian

Nano influenced by Fiat 500 pricing?
Old 17th September 2008, 01:30   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Same reason why someone would pay millions to own a number plate.
Old 17th September 2008, 17:10   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
I am sure you are right.. and the Nano might fetch a huge premium.

I'm sure the nano sales will kick start the old trend of paying the allottees
(remember the M800's were allotted to buyers initially) a premium to get earlier delivery.We did that to get 1 among the 1st 10 sumo's in bangalore.
Old 17th September 2008, 20:22   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Nano influenced by Fiat 500 pricing?
I said for FIRST 10 NANOS. It's like those fund-raising dinners in US where one pays even $1,000 for a plate.

Will Fiat sell 11th 500s onwards at Rs.1 lakh?
Old 18th September 2008, 16:02   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Will Fiat sell 11th 500s onwards at Rs.1 lakh?
Yeah - maybe we can get a steering wheel or maybe a tyre of a Fiat 500 for that price
Old 18th September 2008, 16:26   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I am sure Tata can find someone willing to pay even Rs.5 lakhs to be the first owner of a Nano in his city.
That one reason will be ok for the opponents to say TATA has not kept his word of 1 Lac price
Old 23rd September 2008, 09:58   #163
BHPian

Post Nano set to roll out in three variants

Nano set to roll out in three variants
23 Sep, 2008, 0207 hrs IST,Nandini Sen Gupta, ET Bureau

NEW DELHI: While the Singur standoff continues and the Tata top bosses go shopping for a new mother plant site, Nano is all set to roll out next month in three petrol variants, standard, deluxe and luxury.

According to industry sources, the diesel Nano, which will be launched next year, will also have three variants.

Dealer sources say that the top-end luxury variant will have a range of features like HVAC, power window, central locking, tinted glasses, extended reflector, front and rear fog lamps and instrument cluster with trip metre.

full Rtickle here :

Nano set to roll out in three variants- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Last edited by kpbhatt : 23rd September 2008 at 09:59. Reason: removing hyperlinking
Old 23rd September 2008, 10:22   #164
Senior - BHPian

Seems like Tata's are not highly worried about the events at Singur. They had a plan A and also a Plan B!

Great move!

And I just read this news about the three variant from the same source. kpbhatt, you beat me to posting it! (Thanks God I searched! Phew!!!)
Old 4th October 2008, 19:55   #165
BHPian

Default modes for booking this car

Is there any update about the various possible modes by which we can book the Tata Nano - like online booking, dealers, etc...

I heard that there is already a long waiting list for those who have blocked the Nano at Coimbatore dealership. Is this possible & true ?

I remember seeing the news that the electric Nano will make its debut this Diwali. keeping my fingers crossed

- SKB.
Closed Thread