Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 9th April 2008, 11:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

Arrow The Tata Nano Thread

Folks,

Here's the first ever test drive report of Tata Nano. Not by me though

Link: Tata Nano a brief test drive | Straight Frm The Heart

Last edited by aah78 : 18th April 2008 at 21:29. Reason: Tata Nano threads consolidated into one.
Old 9th April 2008, 11:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Short and succinct review. The reviewer has praised Nano for interior space (adequate for five adults), handling and power although engine became noisy after reaching 60. The only major gripe is about the high NVH level which is something Mr Ratan Tata never concealed from anyone. I'm sure a three-pot, 1-litre extended version of the same engine would do wonders to the car's performance and refinement and bring it in Alto's territory.
Old 9th April 2008, 11:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

Not worthy of a separate thread.

Even i can start my own website, write a fictitious review, and fool people.
Old 9th April 2008, 12:02   #4
BHPian

It is an interesting comment, DC, can you justify it?
Old 9th April 2008, 12:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

DCEite, I am not sure about this test drive. Even I thoght twice before starting the thread.
But as for as the website is concerned, it covers the auto industry quite well. I get daily updates into my mailbox. They had covered the Auto Expo quite well too.
Old 9th April 2008, 13:27   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Not worthy of a separate thread.

Even i can start my own website, write a fictitious review, and fool people.

Well... I suppose we always trust somebody when we read their reviews...! All the reviews in this forum are not verified...

Nice to read that somebody drove it. I am seriously thinking of buying it... Perhaps twenty years later I can boast that I have one among the first ones!
Old 9th April 2008, 13:44   #7
BHPian

Even I am not sure, but still it is an intersting review.
Old 9th April 2008, 13:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

I cant believe it. None of the magazines have driven it yet. Looks like a cheap ploy to increase the viewership. I agree with DC, it doesnt warrant a seperate thread.
Old 9th April 2008, 14:14   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Actually, I agree with DCEite. There's not much in that 'report'. The details mentioned are already known. And there's not much one can know from a 3 km drive. May be first impressions. Not a test drive.
Old 9th April 2008, 14:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
DCEite, I am not sure about this test drive. Even I thoght twice before starting the thread.
But as for as the website is concerned, it covers the auto industry quite well. I get daily updates into my mailbox. They had covered the Auto Expo quite well too.
I understand where you are coming from. That particular website does have some useful reviews. But it has to be noted that it is a commercial venture and they need increased readership for their ad revenues. The authenticity of that test drive has to be verified. As the writer himself says, one of his associates got to drive the Nano..

As for the Auto Expo coverage, a few t-bhp reviews of the Expo would put many of the glossy Auto mags to shame.
Old 9th April 2008, 14:47   #11
BHPian

Quote:
I agree here!

I have following this website ( with NANO review) from past 1 year and they are doing preety fine covering Bikes and Cars well!
Old 9th April 2008, 15:22   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkhalsa View Post
I agree here!

I have following this website ( with NANO review) from past 1 year and they are doing preety fine covering Bikes and Cars well!
A report without even a single picture??? Besides the review says "With 5 fully grown adults in the car, it pulled nicely" Sure... with a 623cc 32 bhp engine?
To me its a cheap marketing ploy nothing less nothing more.
Old 9th April 2008, 15:27   #13
Senior - BHPian

Tend to agree with DCEite here. Anyone could write this kind of review & say I have driven just 3km. What is there in the review is what we expect from the Nano. Does not sound too right.
Old 9th April 2008, 15:43   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
extreme_torque : A report without even a single picture??? Besides the review says "With 5 fully grown adults in the car, it pulled nicely" Sure... with a 623cc 32 bhp engine?
Why not ? The M800 puts out a few more horses than the Nano, and is a little more heavier than the Nano. If the M800 can pull 5 adults well, the Nano with 32 horses & a slightly lesser weight should also do it just as comfortably.

Reg the photos, possibly they were not allowed to take photos because it may have an off-the-record peek. If you remember, Steer was possibly the first BHP-ian to have seen the Nano - almost a year before it was launched. He couldnot put out any photos of the Nano since photographing the Nano was not allowed.
Old 9th April 2008, 15:53   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Why not ? The M800 puts out a few more horses than the Nano, and is a little more heavier than the Nano. If the M800 can pull 5 adults well, the Nano with 32 horses & a slightly lesser weight should also do it just as comfortably.
Do you have the torque and weight figures for the Nano? I am yet to drive an 800 which pulls comfortably with 5 fully grown adults in the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Reg the photos, possibly they were not allowed to take photos because it may have an off-the-record peek. If you remember, Steer was possibly the first BHP-ian to have seen the Nano - almost a year before it was launched. He couldnot put out any photos of the Nano since photographing the Nano was not allowed.
If the 'associate' has let them publish his report, I am sure a picture wouldnt have hurt, especially when everyone has already seen the car inside out. The case was entirely different when Steer saw it.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 9th April 2008 at 15:54.
Closed Thread