Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2008, 21:03   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 11
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Information About Hinjewadi, Pune

Hi Team:

Can anyone provide me some details about Hinjewadi, Pune.

I would like to know how is the cost of living, the rent , safety etc of this place.

I plan to move there with my family.

Thanks team in advance.
kamat2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2008, 17:02   #2
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 11
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Waiting for your help Guys!!!!!!

Thanks
kamat2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 13:03   #3
BHPian
 
kpbhatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 347
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Hinjewadi is actually outside the limits of Pune and Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal areas. Its out of the city center ( Pune station) by around 28 kms and is home to a good number of IT and Biotech companies -- not a good residential area as yet . A lot of basic amenities still wanting , school, college, hospital, nursing home etc . Areas where you can stay are Aundh, Baner,Sus Road, Pashan, Kothrud, Chinchwad, Nigdi, Thergaon, Kalewadi Phata, Wakad, Jagtap Dairy. These areas are in a 10-15km radius to Hinjewadi and have pretty high rents too. however it is a good idea to stay in any of these localities since basic amenities are at a stone's throw and u would not have to travel a lot to reach ur workplace too
kpbhatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 13:10   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
Chevy_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Köln
Posts: 1,209
Thanked: 117 Times
Default

Hinjewadi is the IT Park of Pune. But it is not advisable to stay there now. Basic infrastructure exists. But I would suggest you to look for an apartment in Aundh, Baner or Kothrud. If your company is located in Hinjewadi, you can commute from the above mentioned places easily.
Chevy_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 14:14   #5
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,572
Thanked: 6,036 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Hinjewadi is the IT Park of Pune. But it is not advisable to stay there now. Basic infrastructure exists. But I would suggest you to look for an apartment in Aundh, Baner or Kothrud. If your company is located in Hinjewadi, you can commute from the above mentioned places easily.
Great advice. Choose between Aundh > Baner > Kothrud in that order for accommodation.

Last edited by moralfibre : 15th April 2008 at 14:20.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2016, 11:32   #6
BHPian
 
vibbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 863
Thanked: 791 Times
Default Re: Information About Hinjewadi, Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Hinjewadi is the IT Park of Pune. But it is not advisable to stay there now. Basic infrastructure exists. But I would suggest you to look for an apartment in Aundh, Baner or Kothrud. If your company is located in Hinjewadi, you can commute from the above mentioned places easily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Great advice. Choose between Aundh > Baner > Kothrud in that order for accommodation.
Guys Sorry for bumping up an old thread.

I am planning to buy a flat in Hinjewadi near phase 1 for own use. Does the above advice still hold true after 8 odd years? I work in Baner and frankly nearby areas of Baner, Wakad, Balewadi etc are all out of my budget. Its only Hinjewadi that comes close specially with the kind of Carpet areas in some of the projects.

I know the traffic is a mess most of the days, but my office comute and back will be against the flow of traffic. SO hoping it wont be as bad.

How is the security situation in and around Phase 1 now a days?
vibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2016, 13:52   #7
BHPian
 
ranjitnair77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 62
Thanked: 125 Times
Default Re: Information About Hinjewadi, Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Guys Sorry for bumping up an old thread.

I am planning to buy a flat in Hinjewadi near phase 1 for own use.
I know the traffic is a mess most of the days, but my office commute and back will be against the flow of traffic. SO hoping it wont be as bad.

How is the security situation in and around Phase 1 now a days?
I know a few people who moved to Megapolis in Hinjewadi Phase 3 to avoid the horrible daily commute. They are reasonably happy with the experience. I don't think you will have any issues with traffic either if you commute to Baner.

Why don't you consider renting a place in Hinjewadi for a few months to get an actual feel before you buy? Property prices have been rather stable for the last few years.
ranjitnair77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2016, 14:29   #8
BHPian
 
centaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: --
Posts: 637
Thanked: 660 Times
Default Re: Information About Hinjewadi, Pune

While its better now I still feel there is a lot to improve in Hinjewadi ( no am not talking about the traffic). However, with projects like Blue Ridge, Megapolis, Life Republic, Atlantis etc, there are plenty of options coming up for residential spaces. Since your travel will be in the opposite direction, I dont think there will be a problem apart from at junctions where you might need to wait little longer to let the peak traffic pass.

Security is still questionable in Phase 2 and ahead especially if you are travelling alone but I dont think that its a major issue as yet. However, as a safety precaution, would be good to travel with someone in tow than venture at alone at late night hours.
centaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2016, 14:53   #9
BHPian
 
vibbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 863
Thanked: 791 Times
Default Re: Information About Hinjewadi, Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
I know a few people who moved to Megapolis in Hinjewadi Phase 3 to avoid the horrible daily commute. They are reasonably happy with the experience. I don't think you will have any issues with traffic either if you commute to Baner.

Why don't you consider renting a place in Hinjewadi for a few months to get an actual feel before you buy? Property prices have been rather stable for the last few years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
While its better now I still feel there is a lot to improve in Hinjewadi ( no am not talking about the traffic). However, with projects like Blue Ridge, Megapolis, Life Republic, Atlantis etc, there are plenty of options coming up for residential spaces. Since your travel will be in the opposite direction, I dont think there will be a problem apart from at junctions where you might need to wait little longer to let the peak traffic pass.

Security is still questionable in Phase 2 and ahead especially if you are travelling alone but I dont think that its a major issue as yet. However, as a safety precaution, would be good to travel with someone in tow than venture at alone at late night hours.
Thank you guys. I am actually looking at some properties in Phase 1. Blue ridge, Ashok meadows etc. Security is my major concern as the place has not yet boomed as a residential area yet and is still majorly a business hub.
vibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2016, 15:35   #10
BHPian
 
centaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: --
Posts: 637
Thanked: 660 Times
Default Re: Information About Hinjewadi, Pune

If you are looking at townships like BR or Megapolis, then its safe inside and there shouldnt be any concern if you ask me. Anyway Phase 1 is relatively safer compared to phase 2 & 3.
centaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hinjewadi Traffic Issues WDM007 Street Experiences 1852 7th June 2017 09:26
Need some information for a 'Pune - Bangalore - Kottayam' trip InternetUser Route / Travel Queries 7 28th October 2009 14:47
Swine Flu Information - Important Information in post#102 on Page 7 loving_alaap Shifting gears 206 25th August 2009 14:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:04.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks