Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 3rd December 2008, 13:05   #136
Senior - BHPian

Manoj, from what my experience has been, when you go to pay the lifetime tax you will be given absurd figures. I was asked to pay to the tune of 50k for a 2 year old ikon. Needless to say I declined and prefer to pay the fine if caught. It will still be less than 50k even if I pay 2-3k in fines per year over 15 years.
Its not that I dont want to pay, but everyone at the RTO loves to fleece people.
If there is an official figure that is standard I wont mind but atleast I havent seen any till now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexister View Post
Hey Sam...

Thanks for all the help when I had dropped in June.
I have finally moved in to Bangalore from Hyderabad because I was not sure how I would really fit in considering some experiences on this board. Colleagues at my new work place had their jaws drop asking me why I had moved from Hyd of all the places.
Hey bro, no problem hope you are all set here and are enjoying your stay

Last edited by sammyboy : 3rd December 2008 at 13:06.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 13:14   #137
BHPian

Manoj,

As with all the mallus you will drive to the malluland often enough for you to feign the I came only last week story. just keep all the toll receipts handy to show the cops. else a 100 rs note for tea. you will get ripped off on the scorp - to the tune of 60-70 grand towards road tax alone. not worth it according to me, unless you intend to keep it for a reaaally long time.

Vijay
prabhuav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 14:17   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Needless to say I declined and prefer to pay the fine if caught. It will still be less than 50k even if I pay 2-3k in fines per year over 15 years.
Thats a nice temporary solution which suits my requirement of 1 year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post
Manoj,

As with all the mallus you will drive to the malluland often enough for you to feign the I came only last week story. just keep all the toll receipts handy to show the cops. else a 100 rs note for tea. you will get ripped off on the scorp - to the tune of 60-70 grand towards road tax alone. not worth it according to me, unless you intend to keep it for a reaaally long time.

Vijay
My trips will be once in three months & i think i can live with that story for some time. see you in the weekened.
mansidea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:29   #139
Senior - BHPian

Voila 2 days I don't check all threads and someone already plans to relocate . Welcome Manoj nice to have you in this part of the world.

" Suswaathagalu namma bengaloorige "
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 16:24   #140
BHPian

danyavadagalu riju See you soon.
Old 3rd December 2008, 17:24   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansidea View Post
Is that possible? Is there a provision to pay it for one year?
Mansidea,

If you can get a letter from your company that you are in a transferable job and that your movement to Bangalore is just for a year, after which you will move out, yes, you can pay the road tax just for a year.

But then, if can talk your way out and willing to pay the cop, I am sure even that will work out less than the per-year road tax you might have to pay.

And welcome to Bangalore! :-)
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 09:52   #142
BHPian

Thanks Happywheels. i will try the latter first.
Old 23rd December 2008, 16:16   #143
Senior - BHPian

So, whats your plan Manoj? Decided on the location? Somehow I missed this thread.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 16:11   #144
Senior - BHPian

@Mansidea,

Where are you? In Bangy?

Seems like the current RTO's hyper activeness might have got your thinking.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 21:40   #145
BHPian

Happy new year to all. I moved in to BLR last week & currently staying in the company guest house in Queens Road. Actually Edwards Road - which is between the Cunnigham Road & Queens Road. I will be here till they kick me out.

Looking forward to see you all.
Old 28th January 2009, 17:02   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Devious Isnt it. Anyway, Most of the residential status in BLR is 2BHK. Most . Just shell out for it. Enjoy Bangalore and who knows you might as well find a life partner to settle with in the said house. Thats how Bangalore works wonders.

Just Kidding. Welcome to BLR.
Was just going through this thread of mine and read the above mentioned post by Lambuhere1. One interesting co-incidence that I would like to mention is that the time I was in Bangalore, even my fiancee was taking training at the Kingfisher training center and the day I left Bangalore, we two were at the airport at the same time but didn't even know that we are destined for each other.

I "probably" saw her amongst the bunch of kingfisher gals but she was an unknown entity to me then!

Life!
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2009, 17:09   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Was just going through this thread of mine and read the above mentioned post by Lambuhere1. One interesting co-incidence that I would like to mention is that the time I was in Bangalore, even my fiancee was taking training at the Kingfisher training center and the day I left Bangalore, we two were at the airport at the same time but didn't even know that we are destined for each other.

I "probably" saw her amongst the bunch of kingfisher gals but she was an unknown entity to me then!

Life!
+3 on my count. I know two more couples in BLR who without their knowledge fell in love and are happily settled in here.

Way to go Amtak. God Bless You
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2009, 17:14   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
+3 on my count. I know two more couples in BLR who without their knowledge fell in love and are happily settled in here.

Way to go Amtak. God Bless You
Thanks a lot Lambuhere1. I guess I should move back to BLR. And looking at the current market trend, this should be the thing to do.
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 17:57   #149
BHPian

Folks, I'm moving to Bangalore next week. Have started looking for 2BHK apartments in BLR. My companies office is on Cambridge road in Ulsoor. Have stayed in Bangalore for the past two summers so have a fair bit of knowledge about the city and it's auto wala's

Any suggestions on what localities I should look for? Someone told me Indiranagar is the closest?

Also looking to move my lovely UVA along with me.. but the road tax is working out to a prohibitive 38K according to this page New Page 1. The car is barely 6 months old. Should i sell it and buy another one in BLR?
LastActionHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 19:15   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
Folks, I'm moving to Bangalore next week. Have started looking for 2BHK apartments in BLR. My companies office is on Cambridge road in Ulsoor. Have stayed in Bangalore for the past two summers so have a fair bit of knowledge about the city and it's auto wala's

Any suggestions on what localities I should look for? Someone told me Indiranagar is the closest?

Also looking to move my lovely UVA along with me.. but the road tax is working out to a prohibitive 38K according to this page New Page 1. The car is barely 6 months old. Should i sell it and buy another one in BLR?
You could try i domlur also. Indranagar is a bit on the expensive side. Apart from the ejipura also is quite closeby if you take the ring road. Apart from that you also want to look at kasthurinagar or KR puram. They are also not that far from cambridge road.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote