Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 15th May 2009, 00:48   #166
BHPian

Welcome to the city bro!

Tvm is not a big city and no matter where you stay, you wouldn't have to drive more than say 15Km to reach anywhere
Tell us more about your requirements, work location, budget etc so that we can guide you better

Cheers
Jaguar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 08:45   #167
BHPian

Welcome to god's own capital !!
As jaguar said , please tell us where you would be working , budget etc so that we can suggest places for you .
Regarding the ikon , you wouldn't face a problem in kerala . Atleast I've not heard about out of station regn cars being harassed .
Please feel free to ask more questions and I'm sure the TVM guys will help you .
Mistakenguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 23:23   #168
BHPian

Need not be always

My home is at Kaimanam, just 4 kms from Central Railway station. I was working in Technopark (in 2002-03) and my drive was a little more than 21 km. It used to take close to 1 hour to drive to Technopark.

So a guy working in Technopark, it is always better to stay in the north western part of the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
no matter where you stay, you wouldn't have to drive more than say 15Km to reach anywhere
sudheeshnairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 11:32   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Circle View Post
You want to sell your car and buy a new one just because of the registration??? not necessary brother, Iwould suggest not to sell or register it again just run it with your current registration and incase cops catch you just tell them that you have just moved in to blr and will be registring it soon if it doesnt work pay Rs 100-300 to the cop and you will be free to go

Well easier said than done. Now the Bangalore RTO guys are out in full force. Check this -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ounced-17.html
Worried about what to do.
LastActionHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 15:50   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudheeshnairs View Post
Need not be always

My home is at Kaimanam, just 4 kms from Central Railway station. I was working in Technopark (in 2002-03) and my drive was a little more than 21 km. It used to take close to 1 hour to drive to Technopark.

So a guy working in Technopark, it is always better to stay in the north western part of the city.
15 was just a ball park figure. What I meant was, compared to a city like bangy, all places in tvm are close to each other

Btw my home is at neeramankara

Cheers
Jaguar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 23:36   #171
BHPian

Man, so this is a very small world. So where in Neeramankara? Sankar Nagar or Vinayak Nagar? or some housing colonies which has recently sprang up. I had studied in MMRHS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
15 was just a ball park figure. What I meant was, compared to a city like bangy, all places in tvm are close to each other

Btw my home is at neeramankara

Cheers

Last edited by sudheeshnairs : 16th May 2009 at 23:47.
sudheeshnairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 17:37   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
@Ramanna,

Your vehicle is more that 15 years old. So I believe you will have to produce a fitness certificate (How?) and then the road tax is to be paid annually.

While at it, is your road tax in you current location still valid? How are you paying it?
Dear Sir
Yes my Tax is and insurance are up to date. Life time tax has been paid at Ahmedabad. The car is in show room condition and will pass any test.
When I inquired at RTO Ahmedabad about transfer they informed that Bangalore RTO does not accept NOC for > 25 year vehicles, so if I provide an address of a smaller city in Karnataka they can issue the same.
I did not want to get into the false address problems. So decided to leave it as it is, as I still own my address in Ahmedabad. The insurance has been changed to my Bangalore address.
I have all records since the car was purchased in 1985.
Last time I met an RTO officer in Bangalore, the officer took one look at the car and told me 'no one will stop you, so do not bother'.
Having been on the right side of all rules all these years, i just would like to have an official endoresement.
My other car a 1951 Daimler also has all its papers in order and carries a 'Vintage certificate' so can retain its origional BMU number.
Thanks for your reply and will certainly look forward for a solution.
Cheers
Ramanna
Ramanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 18:03   #173
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Many know I am moving to bangalore. I came to Bangalore this week. Pheww what a day. I must say in bangalore the Serviced apartment market is tricky. Some places even though they are posh they would charge 30k and some places who are really stinky would not move a paisa below 35k. Some say ya its a one bedroom apartment just after Rs 200 in taxi you find out the living room is shared. I now have created a list of questions which needed to be asked before I even go there. I should say the IT boom has ruined the estate market. Things are in recession but yet many owners refrain from changing their price tags.

I saw and apartment for 1 lakh ruppes!!
D-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 18:57   #174
BHPian

Hey Guys,
I shall be relocating to Mumbai in the next 10 days. Work will be out of Chinchpokli. I need to find some accomodation asap. Can anyone help me with any leads on finding accomodation and also indicate on some ball park rental amounts I should look to pay?

Here are my requirements:
1) I would prefer to be as close to work as possible - Chinchpokli / Lower Parel etc.
2) Public Transport Proximity - Don't plan on getting a car in the forseeable future so cab, rick and lastly local would be an option. Or Walkable distance would be fantastic!
3) Need Basic Accomodation - Maybe a studio with a bathroom / kitchen or a PG with independent entrance. I am single and work is going to keep me out of the house for an extended period of time every day, so I need very little space.
4) Basic furnishing would be a big bonus - Bed / Cupboard / desk / chair / AC / Fridge and TV.
5) Central location to a small shopping center and gym would be good.

Thanks!
vcash
vcash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 17:19   #175
BHPian

Default Possibly moving to Pune- Have a couple of questions

So after 4.5 years in Chennai, I may take the plunge and move out to Pune

Would appreciate if folks from Pune could help me clear a few nagging doubts I have

- The workplace will be Hinjewadi Phase II. Where should I look around for a good apartment (2BR) ...I don't mind a long commute, but I certainly hate bad commutes (i.e. I am OK with a 20 km drive on a wide road with free traffic and would pick it up anyday over a 3 km commute on a congested excuse for a road)
Budget is not a big constraint but I wouldn't want to overspend either

- I have a HR registration (bought when I was working in gurgaon) and a TN registration car (bought in Chennai) Since the lady will continue on in Chennai for some more time, I have the choice of bringing in either. Since I am not sure if I will continue in Pune for a long period of time, I don't want to take the hassles of re-registration etc for the first six (and legal) months. How fussy are Pune traffic cops with cars from outside states, and which one am I better off getting there?
( I haven't had any issues in a Haryana car in Chennai so far, *knocks on wood* other than the fact that cops do tend to stop me more frequently for minor offences

- I guess the after-work social scene and nightlife is more vibrant in Pune than Chennai. Am I right in assuming this ?

TIA
abhi182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 17:30   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The workplace will be Hinjewadi Phase II. Where should I look around for a good apartment
look for aundh and kothrud area.

Quote:
How fussy are Pune traffic cops with cars from outside states
don't worry, be happy. little chai paani.

Quote:
I guess the after-work social scene and nightlife is more vibrant in Pune than Chennai. Am I right in assuming this ?
find it, experience it, and do post your experience for others benefit.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 17:33   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

You should look for following area

- Near Kalewadi fata
- Near Dange Chowk
- Wakad
- Pimple Nilakh
- Pimple Gurav
- Pimple Saudagar

These are all around 3-15kms from Hinjewadi (the closest possible). The rent would vary from 8k to 15k depending on place.

Driving an out of state car is a problem but not as much as it is in Bangalore.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 18:33   #178

-
Quote:
The workplace will be Hinjewadi Phase II. Where should I look around for a good apartment (2BR) ...I don't mind a long commute, but I certainly hate bad commutes (i.e. I am OK with a 20 km drive on a wide road with free traffic and would pick it up anyday over a 3 km commute on a congested excuse for a road)
Budget is not a big constraint but I wouldn't want to overspend either
Your best bet would be to stay in and around Wakad. It will help a lot in saving travel time.
One of my colleagues is planning to rent out an apartment near your office. If you are interested do PM me and I shall forward you the details.
-
Quote:
- I guess the after-work social scene and nightlife is more vibrant in Pune than Chennai. Am I right in assuming this ?
I am not aware of the nightlife in Chennai, but nightlife in Pune is pretty good.Majority of the nightlife is in Koregaon Park & Kalyaninagar areas, which are far from your workplace. You can plan to drive down there over the weekends.
abhi_krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 19:13   #179
Senior - BHPian

Driving an out of state car (even mine was TN registered) is not a problem as long as you don't break traffic rules (jumping a red light,going down one way etc) and get caught. I did both.. inadvertently and at low speed, but I had to pay some "fines" .

A Traffic policeman even got a lift in my car, while I was driving to the office .

Last edited by spadival : 19th May 2009 at 19:15.
spadival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 20:44   #180
BHPian

The nightlife is very very far away from where you'll be staying. I mean considering the size of Chennai, you might not find it much but it sure is the other side of the city.

Stick to

1. Wakad
2. Pimple Saudagar
3. Aundh
4. Baner
5. Pashan Sus Road
6. You could even find a place in Bavdhan, though that would be the last option. Driving to Phase 2 will be a pleasure though, all of it on the GQ.

Cops are a bit fussy, locals, be it cops or other people take much more time to adjust to outsiders here in Pune than anywhere else in the whole of India. You won't notice a south indian or anyone else in Delhi or anywhere in North India (no one gives a damn) but here they will actually make sure you realize that you are from outside.

After work social scene is great in Pune but then you should have a group of friends/colleagues, so it all depends.
abhi1309 is offline   Reply With Quote