Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 19th May 2009, 21:39   #181
Senior - BHPian

Wakad, Dange chowk, Chinchwad. Just 3-5 kms from Rajiv Gandhi infotech park. And not much traffic, which is a major advantage.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2009, 13:34   #182

Thanks mistakenguy and jaguar,

Sorry was put up with completing my formalities at the current organization. I still dont have the address as to where in TVM my office would be. I have to koin at Kochi first and from there will be moving to TVM. A cousin said the telecom company I'll be joining has its branch office near the TVM railway station. Will be looking for a decent house for something in the range of 4-6k. Hope this is good enough budget or will i be required to shell out more
Rocky5434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 16:39   #183
BHPian

Default Shifting to Bangalore, Bellary Road, Hebbal, need urgent help!!

Dear Banglorians,

My very close friend (& possibly me also) need to shift to Bangalore for job reason.

The office will be at Bellary Road, Hebbal.

So, please let me know the living condition, rental price, traffic condition & other necessary details.

If possible flat should be in that area only.

He has a family too.

The only we know about Bangalore is it is famous for IT & traffic.

So my friend is little worried as he has to shift from Ahmedabad to Bangalore.

Guys please help.

Last edited by loving_alaap : 27th May 2009 at 16:40.
loving_alaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 16:54   #184
Senior - BHPian

Check with HRAg he stays right there.
Right now rentals are down so getting a place and negotiation should not be a problem.
and if staying in hebbal and working htere I dont htink traffic should be a concern.
iceman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 17:35   #185
BANNED

Is the office to the south or the north of Hebbal flyover?
If north, there are many decent affordable apartments on that side - Kempepura, Amruth Nagar, etc..
If south, you will have to consider Ananda Nagar, R T Nagar, etc.
Bear in mind that owners will quote high prices initially thanks to proximity to the new airport.
I would recommend North of Hebbal flyover as areas are fairly new - means roads are wider etc. Traffic around the Hebbal flyover is generally decent compared to the rest of Bangalore.

Last edited by hrag : 27th May 2009 at 17:36.
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 20:30   #186
BHPian

I stay "off Bellary Road" ( north of hebbal) in Amruthahalli.
Rentals for flats are cheap in this area as compared to other parts of Blore
SahakarNagar, Kempapura, AmruthNagar, Jakkur can be good place to rent a decent 2 bedroom flat under 10K. Traffic is not a problem unless you go on outer ring road.

One thing you will miss in north Blore is there is no night life. come home and watch TV or roam around your apartment building.
greatDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 23:25   #187
BHPian

Thanks guys,

Great to hear that, in that area. 2BHK flats available for rent under 10K!!!!

Keep helping, i'll let you know the further development.
Old 29th May 2009, 12:46   #188
Awaiting Email Confirmation

**Bangalore Rentals**
Alaap this may help you and all those who are moving to bangalore. I am writing my experiences down since I recently kinda moved to bangalore (kinda part is a long story).

Standard Norms:

Deposit: 10 months rent in advance intrest free!
Rent: Paid in advance along with deposit
Brokerage: 1 months rent
Lease terms: 6 and 11 months with 5% increase on renewals

Most people like me would be taken by surprise as 10 months rent is only standard in bangalore according to me. So say you are taking a flat of 10k in the outskirts; you shell out 1 lakh 20 thousand plus maintenance if application. This is for a 11 month lease. So technically you have paid rent for the full year yet you shall be spending 10k + maint each month and would be praying that you shall receive most of it back.

Negotiated Norms:

Deposit: I called up around most houses, aparments flats that you may see online on most search engine. All I said is I am not comfortable with 10 months deposit I can only pay 50k; if you think you can accomated let me know I shall visit your place. You have to show you make good money even if you dont. Most owners were rigid but later they flexed and showed me the appartment. Keep in mind I was looking at apartments worth 20k on bannerkatta road. So technically i am paying only 2 and half month rent. Some owners let go by 5 months but i was stubborn on 2 - 3 months only. Make sure the owner is paying property tax as some owners shall attract you by low rent but making you pay property tax and maintenance.

Negotiate: Some owners are greedy and to attract them this is what I said; "Say you take 1 lakh deposit from me for a 18k apartment; you shall put this in bank and earn 5% which shall be Rs 5000. Since you are already in business to make money what if you make 24 thousand instead of 5k? (they go how?) i will give you 20k rent but only 50k in deposit." they bought this option from me. Some owners are ready with a 1k hike too. So its just abt finding how interested they are.

Recession has hit bad in the rental market so most places have reduced their rent but they havent cut down on 10 month deposit. To me I was ready to pay 30k in rent which would have ment 3 lakh deposit!!!! I would rather add some money and rush to some bank for home loan.

Enuf said

Furniture: if you already have your own furniture its good. If you are skeptical about a full move in bangalore i.e with all your goods, you shall need some basics. Be ready to spend around 50k to 1 lakh if you are thinking of buying OR

visit the market near Bowring Hospital in Shivaji nagar and you shall find excellent Contemporary furniture for rent. Good negotiations shall land you in brand new mordern furinture (@home style, Godrej interio style) for a very good price. I got my 2bhk fully furnished for 7k a month with more than basic amenities. Deposit: 1-2 months rent. If you nego that they will give you for 1 month.

Links:

Visit the following for rentals
99acres, majicbricks, sulekha, craigslist, bangaloreclickin,

Visit the following for dinning
blurrp

Shopping
Forum (recommended by most i dint like it), Bangalore Central, Garuda, The collection (best mall ever)

PM me if you have any questions. I shall dump you with more information.
D-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 13:01   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
**Bangalore Rentals**
Alaap this may help you and all those who are moving to bangalore. ...
PM me if you have any questions. I shall dump you with more information.
Welcome to Bangalore, D-Man!
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 13:30   #190
Team-BHP Support

Before i moved in to the previous apartment i was staying at, i had asked the house owner to paint the flat since the walls were quite dirty. He agreed and did so. Imagine my shock when he deducted a month's rent from the deposit when i was moving out of the house! :O He says this is for the painting charges! Had i known this in advance, i would have painted the house on my own with substandard paint.

Made me wiser, i would say.

Just wanted to know if this is a practice which is followed by other house owners as well.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 13:46   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Just wanted to know if this is a practice which is followed by other house owners as well.
Yes, as bachelors we had a maid who kept the house clean. Maid appointed by landlord.

When we eventually had to leave the place, the landlord says needs repainting.

We said fine, bought inexpensive paints some rollers and painted the house ourselves over a weekend.

Saved a cool 10k. He was flabbergasted to see a painted house.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 14:15   #192

thanks Happy Wheels. Spitfire I came across one such owner who had a maid appointed since 15 years and we had to keep her only!
Most people hate brokers but if you find a good one like I did life becomes easy as a formal agreement is made. He also helps negotiate better as he knows how to make the leese and lessor desperate.
Old 30th May 2009, 11:27   #193
BHPian

Thanks D man.

I'll definitely need your help, and will pm you once everything is finalized.

By the way, the consultancy is saying that in Hebbal area, for 2BHK flat rental is as low as 6K & for 3BHK flat rental is around 9K!!!!

Is it true? I dont think so.

If it is true, than definitely is the worth going for.
Old 1st June 2009, 13:32   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
2BHK flat rental is as low as 6K & for 3BHK flat rental is around 9K!!!!
Is it true? I dont think so.
Alaap you are welcome. I shall pm you my cell. btw I am not familiar with Hebbal area but the farther you go from downtown the cheaper it gets. I wouldnt be surprised if the rent is 9k for 3bhk. L&T south city which is near bannerkatta road & JP Nagar had a flat going for 14 for 3bhk. I think the area is pretty close to everything. I know there is a difference of 5k but considering bangalore!! thats nothing. Like i said earlier rents have slashed down the deposits havent.

Off topic but this landloard in richmond town which is not that far from here wanted to rent me a 2 bhk for 90K they said its recession.
Old 2nd June 2009, 00:06   #195
BHPian

90K for a month .

If the rent is really low than assuming a cheaper rate, one can easily buy a 2 or 3BHK flat and pay the EMI.

If you go buy rent, one can easily get 2BHK under 20 Lacs & 3BHK by under 30 lacs.

Decent deal