Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 27th July 2011, 12:57   #226
Senior - BHPian

Default 1 BHK in Pune

Hi All,

My best friend has relocated to Pune this week and is looking for an accommodation (1 BHK apartment - either on sharing or independent) in and around Vishal Nagar, Pimple Saudagar, Wakad area.

Since she is single, the utmost priority is security in the building and access to city/station etc.

Can you guys help? Since, she does not have access to her mailbox yet, she is unable to check the Bulletin board for any ads. Can you help? Alternately, if you have your property to be given on lease, please let me know...

PS: She has to move out of the guesthouse by this Friday, so please assist on urgent basis!

Any pointers? Thanks!
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2012, 15:04   #227
BHPian

Post Re: Relocation - Local orientation and help

Guys,

I am looking for a 2BHK - (rental) in Bangalore.

Area: AECS/ near by COSMOS / Kormangala.
Rent: <12K
Deposit: Min. possible please. ( I think- 2 months notice + 40 K as deposit would be good )
Duration: 1 yr. minimum
Occupants: Me and a friend ( just 2 guys )
( fairly non-nuisance, low dB levels overall. )

Expectations:
++ Power backup ( as we both work from home - quite a lot- and need power almost all the time we are home)
++ Water(really avoiding water problem areas), Security, Parking( 2 Wheelers )
+ Lift

Thanks,

Ace.
(P.S. - Can move from March/April 2012 )
driverace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2012, 16:38   #228
BHPian

Default Re: Relocation - Local orientation and help

Dear Bangalore Team Bhpians,

Iam looking for a 2 BHK in and around Sarjapur road , harlur road , Kasavanahalli . we are just the 2 of us me and my wifey .

Need parking , power back up .

From 1st June 2012 onwards .

thanks .
Fortuner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2012, 20:42   #229
BHPian

Hi Bangalore bhpians, require a 2bhk in north Bangalore for me and wife. Any pointers towards this is appreciated.

cheers
ZedMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 15:39   #230
BHPian

Hi, I may move base to Bombay in about a month. I require some advice in finding an accommodation for me and my family (wife, 2 kids). What I am looking for is
1. 2 or 3 bedrooms since we will have parents visiting us frequently
2. In close vicinity of schools (CBSE or ICSE board). My son is in 2nd standard
3. My office will be near Lower Parel. Acco around or closer to that area is preferred
4. I am used to open spaces. If I can get a house with good sized rooms, that will be ideal.
5. I am looking at a 1200 to 1400 sqft house or flat.

I need advice on
a. Budget should I be prepared with in case I stay close to the office area I have mentioned
b. If I have to make a compromise, I would do that on distance but not on spacious-ness of the house. So if I have to live farther away, its ok as long as I get a big house
c. Schools and fees (in case you can) that I should be looking at.
d. I know the 11-month-advance-rent horror of Bombay. Any advice in circumventing this would be great.

Looking forward to assistance. Thanks
travelwriter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 11:39   #231
BHPian

Dear Chennai Bhpians,
What is the best place with Minimum water problems in South Chennai, on the road from Chennai to Maraimalai Nagar and after wards, to live with senior citizens?
Looking for a 3 BHK in a good society with covered parking.
Don't know from which place to start the search.

Thanks in Advance.
Maverick79.
Maverick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 17:01   #232
BHPian

[quote=travelwriter;2689774]
I need advice on
a. Budget should I be prepared with in case I stay close to the office area I have mentioned
b. If I have to make a compromise, I would do that on distance but not on spacious-ness of the house. So if I have to live farther away, its ok as long as I get a big house
c. Schools and fees (in case you can) that I should be looking at.
d. I know the 11-month-advance-rent horror of Bombay. Any advice in circumventing this would be great. [quote]

Sharing my experience after living in Gurgaon for 11 years and then moving to Bombay:

1. Rent paid in Gurgaon, DLF Phase 2 prime locality: Rs. 45k for a 3 bedroom with garden apt. Rent paid in Bombay: Rs. 85K for a 1000 sq ft apt 2 bedroom apartment in a similar prime area
2. The Parel area has seen a lot of construction and hence availability should be good. But for the size of acco you are looking for rent wont be cheap
3. Bombay works on a rent "package". So if its a package of 90, you and the landlord can agree on a split of monthly rent of 85K + 5 lac deposit or 88K rent + 2 lac deposit, etc.
4. Standard brokerage is 1 months rent; 2 years of lease agreement.
5. From a tax perspective, you will be better off with a personal lease rather than a company lease. Ofcourse, you will have to fork out the security deposit.
6. No idea of schools near Parel.
Bomi

Last edited by mobike008 : 28th February 2012 at 14:03. Reason: fixed quote tag
Bomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 17:37   #233
BHPian

Thanks, Bomi.

I am sure my budget is not to that levels. I am looking for something at maximum 30K a month. I guess places near the office are ruled out. I wonder if I will get any place to live within a 10km radius at this budget. I may have to make a compromise on the distance and may be hire a driver.

In case there are any Bombay based T-Bhpians, your advice will also be helpful.

Thanks

Last edited by mobike008 : 28th February 2012 at 14:04. Reason: edited the incorrect quote tag
travelwriter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2012, 00:07   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Dear Chennai Bhpians,
What is the best place with Minimum water problems in South Chennai, on the road from Chennai to Maraimalai Nagar and after wards, to live with senior citizens?
Looking for a 3 BHK in a good society with covered parking.
Don't know from which place to start the search.

Thanks in Advance.
Maverick79.
Lot of Apartments coming around Maraimalai Nagar in places like Orangadam , Guduvancheri , etc. Big players like Hiranandani , L&T , etc are pretty good there. Only problem will be it will be too much away from city. If your work location is in Mahindra City, then this could be ideal location.
Marlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 12:33   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
Lot of Apartments coming around Maraimalai Nagar in places like Orangadam , Guduvancheri , etc. Big players like Hiranandani , L&T , etc are pretty good there. Only problem will be it will be too much away from city. If your work location is in Mahindra City, then this could be ideal location.
Thank you Marlon,
How about the water availabilty in that areas.
Also, how are Tambaram and near by areas in terms of water availability and new builidings or societies..
Old 27th February 2012, 12:57   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Thank you Marlon,
How about the water availabilty in that areas.
Also, how are Tambaram and near by areas in terms of water availability and new builidings or societies..

Water problem is very common in chennai. In these suburbs the problem might be less but no guarantee that problems will not occur.
In these new buildings/ societies you will not face problems since they will privately arrange water in times of difficulty but it comes with a cost.

Around Tambaram, I am not sure if there are any big projects or societies. But on the Velachery - Tambaram main road near Palikaranani or Medavakkam there are quite a few big projects coming up.

Alternatively you can also find accommodation around Siruseri - Vandalur road where quite a few apartments are coming up.
Marlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 13:44   #237
BHPian

Thank you Marlon.
Where are the major IT companies located in Chennai. Is it in Mahindra City only or anywhere else?
Any Idea about West Tambaram.

Also, Who is the Best Mobile service provider. Aircel or Vodafone in Chennai and South chennai. More priority on network connectivity.

Last edited by Maverick79 : 28th February 2012 at 14:01.
Old 5th July 2012, 16:34   #238
Team-BHP Support

My younger brother is joining Wipro in Chennai (office in Guindy).

Any pointers to get a PG / shared accomodation there ? The brokers have been showing him 2bhks but he does not have a roomie, so would ideally want to move in with someone.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2013, 12:09   #239
Senior - BHPian

Dear BHPians,

I am relocating to Bangalore on last week of March 2013 onwards.

I will be looking out for a flat on rent near Hebbal/HBR layout/RT Nagar localities.

Would prefer a 1bhk or a 2bhk with car parking.

Would appreciate if fellow bhpians have any good suggestions.

Thanks
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2014, 11:34   #240
BHPian

Hi Pune BHPians,

I am actively discussing a offer from a company, but if comes out positive, I have to move to Pune from Bangalore. I need some help from you guys which will help me prepared for the shifting, such as
1. Cost of living:
How much difference s there in cost of living between Bangalore and Pune? Like if I spend around 10K per month on grocery and household for a family of 2 + an infant, how much do I expected to spend for same lifestyle in Pune. Any BHPian who have shifted from Bangalore to Pune, please help on this.
2. House Rent:
What would be average rent for a specious 2 BHK in area like Koregaon Park and surroundings? What would be the standard deposit amount, brokerage etc.?
3. House hold:
Domestic help, cook etc availability and average cost etc. I know this varies a lot, but any particular insight can be helpful.
3. Transportation:
Any help on local transportation would be appreciated.
4. Shopping & Marketing:
Good market areas and available parking etc.
5. Cost of maintaining car like fuel cost etc.
6. Restaurant and eating out: I don't think there should be any difference between Pune and Bangalore.
7. Play school and nursery cost

Ok, I know I sound like writing a lonely planet chapter, but seriously I think shifting base while being bachelor is much much much less stressful than with family and kids.
Sorry for bothering you all.
PetrolRider is offline   Reply With Quote