Old 27th May 2008, 14:16   #106
BHPian

pankaj keep a watch at sulekha.com.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2008, 14:55   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
welcome to bangalore pankaj. Lavelle road is easily one of the most expensive areas in bangalore, and most of the houses there are big independent houses and only few appartments, so finding a house for your budget there is going to be difficult. But you can try on the other side of richmond road , like shanti nagar ,ashok nagar, or austin town . They are pretty close to lavelle road. Even koramangla is not that far away from richmond circle.
Thanks bro. I have no problem living at a distance from Lavelle raod. I will be getting company transport but just don't want to spend more than 1 hour in travelling. How much time it takes from kormangla to Lavelle Road.
Thanks for your help once again, really appreciate it
pankaj_sachdeva is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2008, 15:09   #108
BHPian

You are welcome buddy, glad could be of some help. koramangla to richmond circle shouldnt take you more than 30 mins unless there is serious traffic jam on the forum road. The distance isnt much but its just that there are quite a few signal between the richmond road and forum.

Last edited by Rotorhead : 27th May 2008 at 15:11.
Old 27th May 2008, 15:24   #109
BHPian

Welcome to Bangalore! As Rotorhead as correctly pointed out, Lavelle road is super expensive. Apart from Koramangala, which is to the southeast, you can also look at Shanti nagar ( same direction as Koramangala, closer) and Basavangudi (Southwest of Lavelle road). Travel time to both places should be between 30-40 mins max.
prashanthyr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2008, 15:31   #110
BHPian

as prashant mentioned, even basvangudi or jayanagar area should also be good bet and morover these places are less congested, the residential areas are pretty well planned and the roads towards the richmond circle are pretty wide, lesser signals and traffic is also considerably less.
Old 27th May 2008, 15:45   #111
BHPian

Thanks Rotorhead & prashant for all the help. I believe we need to pay 10 months advance as security while renting a apartment. any ideas how much brokers charge 1 month or 2 months rent?

Last edited by pankaj_sachdeva : 27th May 2008 at 15:45. Reason: spell mistake
Old 27th May 2008, 15:51   #112
BHPian

Yes thats the sad part, the deposit is generally 10 times the rent. The broker charge is typically 2 months but if you can bargain then you can settle for 1 month rent, but since you are from outside this will be difficult, but if you can do this thru some localites then it should be possible. Any of the member staying in and around these areas should be able to help you out.
Old 28th May 2008, 09:08   #113
BHPian

How about Ulsoor. Will that be too far from Lavelle Road.
Old 28th May 2008, 09:40   #114
Team-BHP Support

In Ulsoor side you will be looking at Cox town etc., However shanti nagar is better as its right next to Lavelle road.
Another option very near is the colony right next to Trinity circle on the Old Madras Road.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2008, 10:06   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
How about Ulsoor. Will that be too far from Lavelle Road.

Ulsoor also is quite near, route being old madras road, trinity circle, down bangalore central or/down brigade road, and richmond road(should take about 30 mins given the traffic and the flyover being constructed in M.G road, but am not sure if you will like the place since its pretty congested. Shanti nagar is pretty much close to lavelle road is quite a good place to live.
Old 28th May 2008, 11:24   #116
BHPian

agree with Rotorhead, try Shantinagar, its a decent area.
if you are ok to travel a little more, then maybe you can look at Kormangala or Vivek nagar or something....
As far as I know you can get apartments for rent at the National Games Village complex for you budget.
gods-envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2008, 14:15   #117
BHPian

Thanks Rotorhead & gods-envy. Yeah, I will try to find a house in Shantinagar, if i am unable locate a decent place for myself there, i will try Kormangala, Jayanagar or Vivek Nagar.
In which area is this National Games vilage complex?
Old 28th May 2008, 14:20   #118
Team-BHP Support

Its in Koramangla. Location is pretty good with all amenities being pretty near, but the apartments are very old, and some of them have leaks etc.,
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2008, 14:20   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
In which area is this National Games vilage complex?
Its near Koramangala.
smsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2008, 14:42   #120
Senior - BHPian

pankaj

first welcome to our lovely green garden city.
i hope you have a nice time here

1. Ideally I would suggest you consider access to workplace as your primary criterion for accommodation
2. If you are married and your wife works, consider access to her workplace too.
3. if you have little kids, plse consider their access to school etc.

Apart from the suggestions already made to you by fellow members I would also venture to add HSR Layout as an option. It is not far from Koramangala at all - about 3km from the edge of Koramangala actually.

Large layout, well lit, good wide roads, access to either an independent house at reasonable rates as also lots of apartments to choose from. Eg: An independent house on a 1200 sft plot would cost about 18-22000 for a small 2 bedroom place with an upstairs and downstairs. A tishtosh apartment can be rented out at about 18k-25k for the fancier ones.
HSR gives you easy access to commercial things and home needs etc plus shopping, movies, eating out etc.

In my experience brokers around HSR take one months rent as their commission
the norm here is 10 months advance to be paid as refundable security deposit to the landlord of the flat/ house.

Distance from HSR to richmond road / vellara junction would be about 9- 10 km, can take about 45min at peak times. Lavelle road can be reached in about 1 hour MAX, if one leaves reasonably early - say 815-820am from HSR Layout.

hope this helps you
all the best
cheers
shankar
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote