Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 28th May 2008, 14:52   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
pankaj

first welcome to our lovely green garden city.
i hope you have a nice time here

1. Ideally I would suggest you consider access to workplace as your primary criterion for accommodation
2. If you are married and your wife works, consider access to her workplace too.
3. if you have little kids, plse consider their access to school etc.
Thanks a ton Shankar,

I too hope to enjoy a nice time and also hope to meet fellow bhpians.

I am considering a place closer to my workplace only. As I am unmarried till date but will be getting married in next few months. My would-be wifey is a doc & only once she has settled down in Bangaore, she will be looking forward to work. So at this point of time I am considering a place close to my office.

Also I am not lookong for a bigger house as I have to manage the show for some time & the rent i am looking at is around 15K max.

Thanks once agian for your valuable suggestions
cheers,
pankaj

Last edited by pankaj_sachdeva : 28th May 2008 at 14:53.
pankaj_sachdeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2008, 01:50   #122
BHPian

Hey Sam...

Thanks for all the help when I had dropped in June.
I have finally moved in to Bangalore from Hyderabad because I was not sure how I would really fit in considering some experiences on this board. Colleagues at my new work place had their jaws drop asking me why I had moved from Hyd of all the places.

Anyways now its been 4 weeks I have been here. 2 weeks I was at company accommodation after which I found an apartment on pure luck basis. I scouted around with a few brokers but was not impressed with the places and finally while back from work, on the Sarjapur ring road, walked into a place just to have a look. Was exactly the place I was looking for and the owner turned out to be from Hyd too and was considerate enough to ask me only 3 months deposit. Its 2bhk with lawn & all woodwork done. I am paying 18k including the pool and gym usage. Its the Saffron Square apartments. Anyone here from there?

My only grouse is that nothing is exactly walkable distance except for my work place. I am yet to bring my car and family.

I am surprised by the warm weather here though and I am finding it difficult to watch a F1 race.
I am still to buy all the essentials like washing machine, refrigerator and television.
theexister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2008, 10:56   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexister View Post
I am surprised by the warm weather here though and I am finding it difficult to watch a F1 race.
Hey I'm about 2 months old in B'lore as well. Found a place near Pizza Hut in Kormangala. A 3 bhk for 16k month. For the time that I didn't have the TV I used to hop over to Legends of Rock, and watch the races there. The place has good ambience and a whole lot of F1 fans also go there. Does anybody from T-BHP go there?

Last edited by normally_crazy : 17th July 2008 at 14:26.
PhrozenFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 12:31   #124
BHPian

Hi tbhpians in Banglaore, I am relocating to Bangalore from Cochin. Looking forward to meet all the bangy boys & requires support/help to settle down ASAP. My immediate requirement is to find a school for my son who is in 1st STD. now & also to find a 3BHK flat/house which can be ideally closer to the school. (1 option is already there but i just wanted to confirm the location - Thanks to prabhuav)

Can I bring in my cars to BLR & use it atleast for 1 year without changing the registration?

Thanks in advance.
mansidea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 18:50   #125
BHPian

Where is your workplace ? Which part of the city do u intend to stay?

If you are not particular about the staying close to work, then first identify the school and look for accomodation close to the school. At least your kid will not have to sit in traffic.
smsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:16   #126
BHPian

Thanks srini. thats the whole intention. My office is in Richmond road. I will come to bangalore on 15th. As you suggested i will identify the school first & then worry about the accomodation.

What about the vehicle registration part? Can i use the cars atleast for one year without changing the registration?
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:39   #127
Senior - BHPian

You can use the car here forever without changing registration, but you will have to pay the road tax here
vikram_d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:48   #128
BHPian

Is that possible? Is there a provision to pay it for one year?
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:53   #129
Team-BHP Support

Manoj, there is no provision to pay the tax for one year from what i have heard, but others can enlighten. If you do regular trips to Cochin for visits, get along the fuel bills with the date and vehicle's registration number mentioned. You can always claim to be visiting.

Cops do tend to stop non-KA registered vehicles, but you can smart talk your way out of it, if you know how. Had it been a bike, you would be a goner for sure.

Let us know once you are down here. Would love to see in person the Scorp which i have come to adore.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:04   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansidea View Post
It is possible but you cannot pay for one year. You have to pay lifetime tax. Yearly tax is only allowed for vehicles that are in company names or for taxis & such.

PS: I drove my UP registered esteem in Bangalore for 8 years on UP number plates. Just had to pay lifetime road tax. Any time any cop stopped me I would just show the tax paid receipt and they would let me go.

Last edited by vikram_d : 3rd December 2008 at 12:06.
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:20   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansidea View Post
Manoj,
I think its possible.Send a PM to bhpian spadival.If I remember right,he paid quarterly tax for his short stay in Hyderabad.He might have all the info

EDIT:Here is his post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post988082 (Regarding registration law)

So its possible

Last edited by jraj : 3rd December 2008 at 12:27. Reason: info
jraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:25   #132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
It is possible but you cannot pay for one year. You have to pay lifetime tax.
Vikram, lifetime tax is the same as what we pay as road tax when we purchase our vehicle. It is recalculated based on the age of the vehicle, as well as some other parameters which i am not sure about. Mansidea wants to avoid paying this.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:38   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Vikram, lifetime tax is the same as what we pay as road tax when we purchase our vehicle. It is recalculated based on the age of the vehicle, as well as some other parameters which i am not sure about. Mansidea wants to avoid paying this.
I know. My post should have said remaining "life" time tax for the vehicle.
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:58   #134
BHPian

Manoj, Welcome to Bangalore ! I read about your plans in the C R U IS E thread !

Check out the link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...bengaluru.html (My day at various schools around Bengaluru). It has some useful info. on various schools around. As you are not particular for a stay near to your workplace, you can gather details on some of the good schools in Bangalore and then proceed further.

Re: road tax, some good info. have been alreay posted here. From what I know, if you go by rule book, you need to pay the life time road tax in Bangalore within an approved number of days since your entry ( 60 days??) and also need to apply for the new number plate / re-registration within 12 months (?). I may be grossly wrong at these time frames. I also believe, there is an option to apply for a refund for the LT road tax paid on pro-rata basis in other states, once you decide to relocate and pays the LT Tax in that particular state. However as Benny suggested, there is always a way around and claiming to be frequent visitor with supported fuel bills / emission check certificate and insuarance certficate should be fine.

PMing you my number; keep in touch.
menonrajesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 13:05   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Let us know once you are down here. Would love to see in person the Scorp which i have come to adore.
Thanks benny & I will defenitely do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
It is possible but you cannot pay for one year. You have to pay lifetime tax. Yearly tax is only allowed for vehicles that are in company names or for taxis & such.
I want to use the Scorpio for just one more year & one more life time tax will only add up to the cost . My Santro is Regd. in the name of the Company, so no issue with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
Manoj,
I think its possible.Send a PM to bhpian spadival.If I remember right,he paid quarterly tax for his short stay in Hyderabad.He might have all the info

EDIT:Here is his post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post988082 (Regarding registration law)

So its possible
Great. Let me get a letter from the company & try this.

EDIT: Thanks Rajesh. I saw the school thread which is very useful. I shall give you a call once i am there. Looking forward to meet you all cheers:

Last edited by mansidea : 3rd December 2008 at 13:09.