Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 19th June 2008, 15:25   #16
BHPian

Default Bad law & order in NOIDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe View Post
Now that I have your attention, I work in an MNC based right of the Greater Noida Express way near Amity & Lotus valley School
A couple of days back a collegue of mine was headed home around 8:30PM, he took the service land and then went to the first underpass to get to the other side if the expressway, as he reached the underpass, which is dak and desolate, 2 men dressed in khakis stopped him. Naturally he stopped. They got into his car and held him at gun point, took him to an ATM had him withdraw the money took his cell and all the rings etc he was wearing and took his car and fled,

Just a public service announcement
please beware
I am scared, my 6 yr old daughter studies in Lotus Valley School & we ( sometimes my wife alone) regularly use this underpass.
Now onwards i'll make it a point to use right side service lane.

Y'day two bikers took away my colleague's cell phone in sector - 29, while he was talking to somebody
breezydrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 18:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

The incidents about Delhi are really bad and shameful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
I am scared, my 6 yr old daughter studies in Lotus Valley School & we ( sometimes my wife alone) regularly use this underpass.
Now onwards i'll make it a point to use right side service lane.

Y'day two bikers took away my colleague's cell phone in sector - 29, while he was talking to somebody
My friend was talking on his expensive phone which he got as gift. It was snatched away from M.S.U. ( Maharaja Sayaji Rao University ) and the police station happens to be less than 50mtrs away from that gate.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 01:21   #18
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe View Post
Now that I have your attention, I work in an MNC based right of the Greater Noida Express way near Amity & Lotus valley School
A couple of days back a collegue of mine was headed home around 8:30PM, he took the service land and then went to the first underpass to get to the other side if the expressway, as he reached the underpass, which is dak and desolate, 2 men dressed in khakis stopped him. Naturally he stopped. They got into his car and held him at gun point, took him to an ATM had him withdraw the money took his cell and all the rings etc he was wearing and took his car and fled,

Just a public service announcement
please beware

This route should have been avoided!! The underpass is very lonely in the daytime, i can imagine how it would have been at night. Plus its usually flooded with water nowdays and one of the underpasses has a lot of sand on side. Safest way would have been to cross AMITY + HCL using the service lane and join the expressway at the end. There is usually a Police gypsy near the amity gate as Amity's new hostel has come up right next to the service lane.
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 01:29   #19
Team-BHP Support

I never stop at night, even if there are cops flagging me down(unless its a proper checkpost with police car etc.,)
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 09:52   #20
BHPian

My office is shifting to Logix park by July end. All these incidents are really becoming a concern for me. Wondering if I should stop using personal vehicle and join company cab once we shift there.
I have even heard that if people do get late in the night there; they leave their wallet in the office an so on.
svaid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 12:03   #21
Team-BHP Support

svaid, on the expressway follow these rules and you will be safe
1. Make sure you don't have a breakdown(I wonder how can people make sure of something like this, but anyways)
2. Never stop for anybody. Not even 1000 dead bodies on the road. Imagine you are at Rohtang and carry on
3. Never stop for cops unless its a check post with a pursuit vehicle, even then don't open the windows before looking around
4. Never give a lift to anybody
5. If you get a puncture, drive on, let the tire be damaged, do that till you reach a police checkpost
6. Make a list of all police posts/pickets on the route, and always remember which one is near.
7. If somebody tries to stop you using another vehicle, get away at any cost, even if it means scraping fenders
8. Never believe that the police can do anything for you. They can't. In noida they really can't. There have been instances of policemen being beaten up by robbers too.
9. If somebody pulls a gun give in. You are not superman(faster than a speeding bullet).
10. Learn how to use a firearm(Proper training) and keep one. If thats not possible carry pepper spray.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 18:24   #22
BHPian

Default mayhem continues..

Hearing two new cases in office these days

1) Resident of Parsavnath( located near Eldeco utopia ) coming back from the sector road being hit by a vehicle from behind - then taken at gunpoint to his apartment - robbed and then driven back to bhangel and then being left there with his vehicle. Before being taken to the apartment he was driven for about half an hour on the road around that place to get details from the guy

2) Guy coming from Surajpur meeting similar fate - difference being he being first taken to ATM and robbed of cash and later jewellery worth 30K being bought with him at a jewellery shop in atta on his CC

Additionally heard that security guard of our office also got robbed of his mobile phone and money on the service lane at around 9PM last week and has sustained injuries. Will get more details once he comes back.

Atleast they are not killing/hurting the victims but really disgusting to hear all this
svaid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 21:36   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I never stop at night, even if there are cops flagging me down(unless its a proper checkpost with police car etc.,)
Ditto,I never stop at night for anyone,anythin and the door is always locked and i m always on a look out for probably trouble makers in moving cars,bikes.
Truckers are 99% not involved in all.
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote