Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2008, 10:56   #691
BHPian
 
-GS-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Here you go manson...
Attached Thumbnails
Photoshop/Digital Art thread-thunderace.jpg  

-GS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 12:39   #692
Team-BHP Support
 
manson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,495
Thanked: 1,819 Times
Default

GS, can you try a translucent red and a solid black for the cover too, please?
thanks.

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 14:04   #693
BHPian
 
-GS-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Hope this helps.......
Attached Images
  
-GS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 14:13   #694
BHPian
 
-GS-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Tried restoring this Maverick in CS2. Hasn't come out as I expected.
Attached Thumbnails
Photoshop/Digital Art thread-maverick_final.jpg  

Attached Images
 
-GS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2008, 10:36   #695
BHPian
 
-GS-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

M-e-r-c-e-d-e-s 300SL
Attached Thumbnails
Photoshop/Digital Art thread-sl300final_goldwm.jpg  

-GS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 00:32   #696
BHPian
 
Torqueguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 277
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

Latest work, 17 hours on the trot. Literally couldn't move my wrist after that....still paining!

Photoshop/Digital Art thread-prime1eg5.jpg

Regards,
TG.
Torqueguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 02:01   #697
BHPian
 
sinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thane - Mumbai
Posts: 422
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Amazing Work dude.... Just mind blowing.
sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 09:41   #698
BHPian
 
Torqueguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 277
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

Hey thank you bro. Actually it still needs somem ore tweeking, but I was too fed up by the end!
Torqueguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 10:47   #699
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,229
Thanked: 21,882 Times
Default

Really awesome torqueguru!!

Some (stupid?) questions :
1. Can you draw as well without a computer?
2. Do you use a tablet?
3. Do you draw on the comp from scratch or do you scan in a pencil sketch and work on that?
4. Do you constuct the shapes in block color and then begin to work / shade it?
5. What tools do you use the most in PS / whats your method?

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 11:01   #700
Senior - BHPian
 
ramie2400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,900
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Really awesome torqueguru!!

Some (stupid?) questions :
1. Can you draw as well without a computer?
2. Do you use a tablet?
3. Do you draw on the comp from scratch or do you scan in a pencil sketch and work on that?
4. Do you constuct the shapes in block color and then begin to work / shade it?
5. What tools do you use the most in PS / whats your method?

cya
R
The best way is to trace out the image reference,then scan it take it to photoshop make 5 layers 1)scanned layer 2)Outline 3)Specular highlights 4) shadows 5) colour now after this it depends upon the skill set on how detail you can go into graphics and colour combination the same thing is used in the CG industry
ramie2400 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 11:16   #701
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,229
Thanked: 21,882 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
The best way is to trace out the image reference,then scan it take it to photoshop make 5 layers 1)scanned layer 2)Outline 3)Specular highlights 4) shadows 5) colour now after this it depends upon the skill set on how detail you can go into graphics and colour combination the same thing is used in the CG industry
Thanks Rammie, thats an interesting way to work.
That is the cool thing about photoshop, there are a hundred different routes you can take to reach similar outputs.

So back to what you said, can the first 4 layers you mentioned be completely grayscale, and then the color is overlayed with <100% opacity / blendmodes??

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 11:30   #702
Senior - BHPian
 
ramie2400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,900
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Thanks Rammie, thats an interesting way to work.
That is the cool thing about photoshop, there are a hundred different routes you can take to reach similar outputs.

So back to what you said, can the first 4 layers you mentioned be completely grayscale, and then the color is overlayed with <100% opacity / blendmodes??

cya
R
yess,absolutely true,working in multiple layers makes the work very easy,interesting,and you have the flexibility to work on each part with giving full concentration and detailing,the main drawback is PS does not have many undo's.So if any mistake is done you can delete the layer and create a new one.

The main trick of using different grayscale layers outline is make the selection in the grayscale outline and fill the colour in the Colour Layer,the colours will not bleed
ramie2400 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 12:03   #703
BHPian
 
Torqueguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 277
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Really awesome torqueguru!!

Some (stupid?) questions :
1. Can you draw as well without a computer?
2. Do you use a tablet?
3. Do you draw on the comp from scratch or do you scan in a pencil sketch and work on that?
4. Do you constuct the shapes in block color and then begin to work / shade it?
5. What tools do you use the most in PS / whats your method?

cya
R
Thanks man, And here are the answers
1. I can draw on paper as well. I enjoy graphite, watercolour and oil. Infact i shifted to computer very very recently.
2. I use a genius tablet
3. I some times draw from scratch, otherwise use reference, the above one was made from a plain white screen.
4. I just sketch and colour them as and how i feel, no particular order or anything.cDepends on my mood(moodswings? hehe)
5. Only the brush tool. Various adjustments like curves and lighting applied only after the full sketch is done.

Actually I am just learning, so my techniques are not actually industry specific, i just let myself loose on the tablet, thats all!!! Its like paper only. I dont use many layers usually, though sometimes for touch up i do, I just use the oil painting opage method, where u use one layer only(like canvas) and apply colour patches, then smudge them. Like you said, there are a million ways to do art on photoshop, or any medium for that matter!

Heres how this one was done:
Photoshop/Digital Art thread-2436204116_ed4176af53_b.jpg

Hope that these solve your queries.

Regards,
TG.

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th April 2008 at 05:57. Reason: dats = thats.
Torqueguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 12:08   #704
BHPian
 
Torqueguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 277
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
yess,absolutely true,working in multiple layers makes the work very easy,interesting,and you have the flexibility to work on each part with giving full concentration and detailing,the main drawback is PS does not have many undo's.So if any mistake is done you can delete the layer and create a new one.

The main trick of using different grayscale layers outline is make the selection in the grayscale outline and fill the colour in the Colour Layer,the colours will not bleed
Absolutely! You just said what i wanted to! Though i do not use much selection, but it sure is a very effective way of doing it.
Regards,
TG.
Torqueguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 12:19   #705
Senior - BHPian
 
ramie2400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,900
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Things to take care before starting a graphic project.

1. references
2. colour schemes
3.Light-source (direction of sun/moon)
4.kind of look you want for the character/object
5.Seperation/Z-Depth/Detailing by using different colours from the same family
6.overall VFX of the scene
7.background of the scene
8.DONE...!!!!


Ramie
ramie2400 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc. satish_appasani Gadgets, Computers & Software 5454 20th June 2017 21:10
The DVR thread (Digital Video Recorder) rrangan Gadgets, Computers & Software 23 4th March 2015 12:03
Photoshopped : A few mods...........on photoshop. Shan2nu Modifications & Accessories 41 10th April 2010 23:18
Photoshop paint job!!! Shan2nu Shifting gears 25 20th August 2004 17:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks