Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 28th April 2008, 10:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Sweet Experience at Bangalore Airport

I was travelling from bangalore to Hyderabad on 26th. I had just checked in and my flight was scheduled to depart in about 20 minutes. Since the sec. check was not crowded, I thougt I will pop down to the bookshop to pick up a magazine.

In the bookshop, i picked up a copy of Overdrive and gave the casheir a Rs. 500 note to pay for it. he said that he had no change. So then, I told him if he will accept a credit card, since I only had Rs 500 notes in my wallet. he declined that as well saying htat cards are not accepted for magazines.

so then, I left the magazine and was moving out of the shop, when another customer in the shop calle dout to me. he was buying a copy of Autocar India and he saw the entire exchange between me and the shop keeper.

he said, "buddy, why dont I pay for your magazine as well!!"

i was really taken aback since this fellow was a complete stranger, and obviously, i declined his offer, but checked with him if he could break a 500. he did not have change with him either, but once again he said, "its no big deal, i will pay for the mag..."

then, i realised that the copy of autocar that he was buying was also with me in my bag. so i told him, that if he were to pay for my magazine, then he need not buy the autocar, since i had bought one the day before and had finished reading my copy.

so he bought the OD for me and I gave him my copy of autocar....a win win situation

we exchanged pleasantries and he went to board his flight to Mumbai and I to mine. the entire episode left a smile on my face and it is these little things that make your day!

i dont know why he came forward to help me out for something so insignificant as buying a mag. maybe he recognised me to be a fellow auto enthusiast (i was wearing a Ferrari cap!). but whatever it was, it was a sweet gesture.

in my hurry to catch the flight, I forgot to ask him if he was a BHPian ( no surpirse if he does turn out to be one), but mate, if you are reading this, THANK YOU!!

Cheers

himanshu
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 11:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Always nice to hear about people helping out.

Cheers
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 14:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Sure we will get a response from the other pal in here soon....
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 15:33   #4
BHPian

Good to hear it the world is so small nice people meet nice one
BAKIYA_2K12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 15:54   #5
BHPian

Himanshu, you scared me with the title. Bangalore airport and good experience???

Anyway a sweet gesture
WhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 16:49   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
I was travelling from bangalore to Hyderabad on 26th. I had just checked in and my flight was scheduled to depart in about 20 minutes. Since the sec. check was not crowded, I thougt I will pop down to the bookshop to pick up a magazine.

In the bookshop, i picked up a copy of Overdrive and gave the casheir a Rs. 500 note to pay for it. he said that he had no change. So then, I told him if he will accept a credit card, since I only had Rs 500 notes in my wallet. he declined that as well saying htat cards are not accepted for magazines.

so then, I left the magazine and was moving out of the shop, when another customer in the shop calle dout to me. he was buying a copy of Autocar India and he saw the entire exchange between me and the shop keeper.

he said, "buddy, why dont I pay for your magazine as well!!"

i was really taken aback since this fellow was a complete stranger, and obviously, i declined his offer, but checked with him if he could break a 500. he did not have change with him either, but once again he said, "its no big deal, i will pay for the mag..."

then, i realised that the copy of autocar that he was buying was also with me in my bag. so i told him, that if he were to pay for my magazine, then he need not buy the autocar, since i had bought one the day before and had finished reading my copy.

so he bought the OD for me and I gave him my copy of autocar....a win win situation

we exchanged pleasantries and he went to board his flight to Mumbai and I to mine. the entire episode left a smile on my face and it is these little things that make your day!

i dont know why he came forward to help me out for something so insignificant as buying a mag. maybe he recognised me to be a fellow auto enthusiast (i was wearing a Ferrari cap!). but whatever it was, it was a sweet gesture.

in my hurry to catch the flight, I forgot to ask him if he was a BHPian ( no surpirse if he does turn out to be one), but mate, if you are reading this, THANK YOU!!

Cheers

himanshu
himanshugoswami: wonderful and nearly heart-warming. There are heaps of decent folks out there. Invariably it's the good people who run into them.
cheers.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 17:28   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
himanshugoswami: wonderful and nearly heart-warming. There are heaps of decent folks out there. Invariably it's the good people who run into them.
cheers.

@netchef:
Himanshu is a Lawyer. You called him a good guy, now get ready to be sued.

Himanshu, sorry buddy, unable to resist it.
I am still waiting for the other guy to show up.

come on, everyone lets find the auto enthusiast Himanshu bumped into.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 17:36   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow that was indeed a Sweet experience

People like the one Himanshu met really make your day
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 17:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up

Heyyyy even I made way for a guy at the security check queue as
he had already missed one flight and wanted to rush to the other.
Damn! I too should be mentioned in some or the other forum.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 17:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

I remember reading a sweet experience by n_c. I was expecting something on that lines.

(air port, waiting time, bumping into people,........)

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 28th April 2008 at 17:58.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 18:43   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
@netchef:
Himanshu is a Lawyer. You called him a good guy, now get ready to be sued.

Himanshu, sorry buddy, unable to resist it.
I am still waiting for the other guy to show up.

come on, everyone lets find the auto enthusiast Himanshu bumped into.

Oh, no. Habeas corpus or something. Am I in trouble.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 19:49   #12
Senior - BHPian

Thats a nice experience,indeed. Not many people actually do something as simple as this,for a stranger.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 23:00   #13
Senior - BHPian

Well that is a sweet experience. Experiences like these definitely leave a smile on your face.
safari_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 23:58   #14
Senior - BHPian

That was a really nice thing to happen. The other guy was an auto enthusiast for sure. These kind of things make the day.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2008, 09:56   #15
BHPian

Hmm...may be that gentlemen was working for overdrive and he got the Autocar from you to check what was happening in the competitors magzine

Anyway that was a good experience.
shailu is offline   Reply With Quote