Numerology 7 10.61%
Tarot 3 4.55%
None. 45 68.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14th May 2008, 14:48   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Nadi Shastra is very famous in certain parts of Tamil Nadu. All one needs to give is DOB and the thumb impression (my dad tried it). Half an hour later he came with manuscripts written on leaves. He got my grandparents names bang on, got my moms name bang on. Even told the number of siblings my dad had. I know in Astrology people can fake up a lot of stuff and it will seem to be a coincidence. But I don't think one can fake up names of your relatives. And that too get all of them right. There is something weird about this I tell you.
Am not much of a believer in this stuff, but yes I defenitely had a similiar experience at a place called maangad near chennai. The guy got some old palm leaves after taking my dads DOB and fingerprint and the guy rattled off a lot of details which were pretty accurate or very close to being accurate. Thats something that still baffles me. He said the leaves were written hundreds of years ago.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 17:16   #62
BHPian

Dont believe anything of the three at all.
reason being, a numerologist told me to change my name spelling to hreeshikesh kaneetkar from hrishikesh kanitkar.
what the heck man ?

@naadi shastra - Its a science for sure. A guy from bangalore ( located near dairy - off banerghatta road ) is supposedly an expert. I have been there with my parents, when i was in 9th ( 11 yrs back ). Whatever he told us about the past, was 95% right. But whatever things he gave us in writing as a 'forecast', accuracy has been less than 50%

IMHO, naadi granthas are a huge database of various positions of stars and their effect. Rest all depends on how the naadi-expert analyzes the various permutations and combinations present.
hkanitkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 17:35   #63
BHPian

None,

Im an atheist. The only thing i believe in is Science.
chvvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:19   #64
BHPian

Default Re: Do you believe in Astrology,Tarot,Numerology???

Any Astrologer on board here? I am learning Astrology and am at a very basic level. Any suggestion for books?
Mr.Beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 09:15   #65
BHPian

Default Re: Do you believe in Astrology,Tarot,Numerology???

Is it possible to say that Medical Science is a Superstitious belief or a fake thing just because you have consulted a doctor who is not licensed or not knowledgeable. Truly that what is happening in today's world. I do not know much about Numerology and Tarot but I can assure that Astrology is 100% true IF a knowledgeble Astrologer is consulted and also the correct predictions depend on the right date of birth and time of birth of a person.

Basically Astrology is an ancient science devoloped by our great Indian Scholors but these people were not English men and so their findings are always subject matter of debate and not accepted by many. Planets were found out and named by English men and was called Science and our people found the same thing much earlier than the Englishmen and related them with GOD called Navagrahas.

Astrology has become a business today and i can assure that almost 99% of the Astrologers are money minded and have knowledge about Astrology less than 5% and that is why this great Indian Science has lost its genuinity and charm.

On on part i really prefer to be a superstitious beleiving person commenting that Astrology is not true atleast for the sake of not falling prey to these newly devoloped commercial Astrologers.

Last edited by rki2007 : 1st May 2012 at 09:18.
rki2007 is offline   Reply With Quote