Pistons 4 22.22%
Magic 0 0%
Cavaliers 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7th May 2008, 12:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
I also like to watch NBA matches whenever i have time but in the early-mid 90's i would hardly missed a match on espn.
Then i lost some interest but again started watching it coz of LA lakers.
After Shaq's exit i dont have that much interest now.Timings are also to be blamed for this.
BTW good work VJ,keep updating us.
I used to love watching the NBA, although I confess I havent really been following the games for the past 3 -4 years.
The only thing I am really happy about is having had the opportunity once in my life to watch the Washington Wizards (yeah baby ..Jordan) vs phoenix suns game in MCA stadium in DC (in the VIP box .Courtesy my ex company bosses .) Watching Jordan play live was always upthere in my 1000 things to de before I die ..heh heh
Thanks for reviving the ol spirit VJ, do keep us posted . From now on you are my official NBA channel cheers:
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 13:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
I used to love watching the NBA, although I confess I havent really been following the games for the past 3 -4 years.
The only thing I am really happy about is having had the opportunity once in my life to watch the Washington Wizards (yeah baby ..Jordan) vs phoenix suns game in MCA stadium in DC (in the VIP box .Courtesy my ex company bosses .) Watching Jordan play live was always upthere in my 1000 things to de before I die ..heh heh
Thanks for reviving the ol spirit VJ, do keep us posted . From now on you are my official NBA channel cheers:
Wow Sammyboy ! Thats like a dream come true and i never had the chance of watching Jordan in action but did watch some Laker games @ Staples center.

Not a problem for reviving the spirit for the wonderful game basketball is and surely will keep you guys posted as i follow it up through ESPN, STAR SPORTS and ofcourse NBA Daily which are my main source of info.

I had seen Spurs fans here but i think they have achieved what they had to and now its the time for new comers Hornets who am sure will be in the Spurs shoes in the coming years.
cheers:
VJ_MAVRICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 13:36   #18
BHPian

I think the Pistons might clinch it this season. I get the feeling they'll do it this time.

PS: I'm a big fan of the Detroit Pistons and the San Antonio Spurs. But this season I'm cheering for the Pistons.
sujaylahiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 13:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

Yea Sujay! Pistons is a good team and definitely the Mo Town team is a force to reckon with, but i feel either Celtics or Cavs (Celtics have a strong chance)will stop them @ the East Finals.
Old 7th May 2008, 15:36   #20
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Yea Sujay! Pistons is a good team and definitely the Mo Town team is a force to reckon with, but i feel either Celtics or Cavs (Celtics have a strong chance)will stop them @ the East Finals.
The Cavs won't make it past the Cletics. They don't have the depth to do it. Sure, Lebron is a good player, but he can't single handedly beat Ray, Paul, and Garnett.
It's going to be Celtics in 5, Detroit over the Magic in 5, and the Celtics over Detriot in 6. Lakers over the Jazz in 6, Hornets over the Spurs in 7, and Lakers over the Hornets in 6. If the Celtics and the Lakers meet in the finals, it's going to be an epic series.

Post your predictions, people!
stunnerzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 16:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
I still believe the champs are going to come back. Afterall they are the most successful franchise in the last decade.

ESPN is generous enough to show some Western conf matches.
So WhiteKnight you a Spurs follower! anyhow it has the firepower with Duncan,Parker and Ginobili but these Hornets are the new lot with fresh legs and energy. The champs are already down 2 games and ofcourse they can bounce back too but i very much doubt that this time.

Yea ESPN does broadcast the western conf matches and ocassionally star sports too joins in with some telecasts.
Old 7th May 2008, 16:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunnerzinc View Post
The Cavs won't make it past the Cletics. They don't have the depth to do it. Sure, Lebron is a good player, but he can't single handedly beat Ray, Paul, and Garnett.
It's going to be Celtics in 5, Detroit over the Magic in 5, and the Celtics over Detriot in 6. Lakers over the Jazz in 6, Hornets over the Spurs in 7, and Lakers over the Hornets in 6. If the Celtics and the Lakers meet in the finals, it's going to be an epic series.

Post your predictions, people!
Whoa -whoa ! Now thats called some real predictions however i have a different opinion on some clashes

Celtics and Cavs will go in favor of Celtics in 6 or 7 games
Pistons over Magic in 5 games and Lakers over Jazz in 6 games( with you)

Hornets are going to crush the Spurs in @ most 5 games and then with Lakers (Huh ! Kobe, Lamar, Fisher and most Importantly Paul Gasol) it will be a good clash of western conf finals with Hornets going for the kill over Lakers.

GO HORNETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 7th May 2008, 16:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

Post PISTONS VS MAGIC (GAME 3 @ Orlando)

Game 3 Preview of Pistons vs Magic @ orlando

Record: 59 - 23 (.720)
Standings:
First, Central
At Home: 34 - 7
On Road: 25 - 16
Streak: W 4
PPG: 97.5
OPP PPG: 90.1
FG%: .458
OPP FG%: .437
RPG: 41.4
OPP RPG: 39.1

Record: 52 - 30 (.634)
Standings: First, Southeast
At Home: 25 - 16
On Road: 27 - 14
Streak: W 3
PPG: 104.5
OPP PPG: 99.0
FG%: .474
OPP FG%: .446
RPG: 42.0
OPP RPG: 41.7

This is game 3 of the seven match series to be played on wednesday @ 8.00PM EST in Orlando For North American Viewers it is on TNT.
No telecast of this game in ESPN or STAR Sports here in INDIA

Legends: PPG : Points Per Game
OPP PPG: Opponets PPG
FG : Field Goal
OPP FG : Opponents FG
RPG : Rebounds Per Game
OPP RPG : Opponents RPG

Pistons lead the 7 games already by 2-0 and this will be a comeback game for Magic.
Mavrick's Prediction: Pistons will make it 3-0
Old 7th May 2008, 20:00   #24

Im glad to see some NBA discussion on Team BHP. Last night, I was informed by GTO about this new activity and its interesting to plug in some posts in this discussion with you petrol heads after a long time away, though I look forward putting more input on the car scene as well.
After an exhausting regular season, which saw literally an arms race in Western Conference and the much talked about Celtics resurgence, it's definitely going to be an interesting 45 days of playoff action. Iím glad to hear Kobe brought home the MVP after last summer's public fallout with the Lakers management. However, Bynum's growth as player, I believe is a greater reason to Bryant trusting and his recent admiration for him as well as all of the Lakers bench, which has resulted in them in being the No.1 seed of the West Coast.
For playoff matches, I was really disappointed to see the 76ers go down against the Pistons. I went for Game 3 of the series, with the Sixers at home, and to be honest, for the 1st half it really felt like the 76ers were the no 2 seed playing against a 7th seeded Detroit team. The 2nd Half was a different story and as you all may have seen, it was the start to the end of the 76ers season. From there on, Detroit got into the groove, rebounded better, better ball movement and just outplayed the Sixers for the rest of the series. Living in Philadelphia, it however, was admirable to watch the 76ers give out a competitive fight.
Besides, the other day Kobe played like a true MVP against the Jazz for Game 1. But I bet, the Jazz with rest and better learning of the Laker team plays would make it an interesting series (a complete different tale than the series the Lakers had against the Nuggets). Personally, being a Laker fan over the last decade, I feel this is where the Lakers championship run for the season truly begins, with the likes of Jazz, Hornets or Spurs being a tough opposition for them both at home and away games. Predictions? I'd pick the Lakers in Game 6. Watching their recent regular season games against the Jazz, on a team that dint even feature Pau Gasol, the Lakers looked a better team continually against the Jazz.
For the rest of the other series, I'd pick the Hornets to beat the Spurs in game 6 especially after watching Hornets drop the Spurs hard in game 2, the Home court advantage that New Orleans enjoy as well as their strength on their court, Chris Paul's superior play and most importantly his ability to make his team-mates rise on to a higher level against the San Antonio's supporting cast which looks drained. But then again, these are the defending champs we are talking about who are up against a team never been through anything like the Spurs unit may have gone through in the last 8 years probably.
For the Celtics-Cavaliers, I'd pick the Celtics to win. Why especially after watching last night's Defense ruled game 1? Simply because itís really boiling down to a Celtics season-A better team, a better record, a better crew on hand for the Celtics. Though itís going to be a series of two heavyweights, itís just my instincts typing here, which make me say that this is just one of those prime time sports series that we all have witnessed, where the No.1 just has that bit extra needed to win, just has that edge where even though they were equally matched or at times beaten raw for a while (Like last night's game 1), Celtics would just edge forward and also at times helped by that small added element of luck.
Finally, Iíd pick Detroit against the Magic in Game 6. But as we saw against the Sixers, Detroit does have a usual tendency to flick on and off at just any moment.
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 23:52   #25
BHPian

I still think Tim and co will pull it off and will take the title again
nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2008, 09:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Post Orlando Bounce back @ home against the Pistons

Folks,
Orlando certainly did Magic enjoying the home court advantage to knock the Pistons out in the Game3 drubbing them by 111-86. That's the reason Magic is never written off as they enjoy high PPG and certainly delivered when it mattered the most.
Rashard Lewis made sure with a career playoff high of 33 points to break the ever stout and trying defense of the Pistons. Unfortunately Chauncey had to leave the Game early as Magic's Nelson's leg caught Billups foot and he had a hard fall on to the floor injuring his right hamstring and according to the coach Flip Saunders he is likely to join soon but certainly have to re-evaluate his fitness and this leaves a big void in Pistons line up missing the All Star Point Guard @ a crucial juncture.
Rip Hamilton,Tayshaun and Rasheed made it into the double figures of points but Rashard's Lewis amazing display cornered the Pistons along with Dwight Howard, Turkoglu and Nelson posting good numbers in the paint and the periphery.Certainly this semifinals is coming into its own with the next game too coming up @ Orlando and much to many predictions (including mine) the Magic bounced back early in the series and i think this is going to be one humdinger of an eastern semis.

UPDATE ON THE JAZZ @ LAKERS into the 3RD Quarter with Lakers leading by 69-57 and will keep you guys updated on the same.

ICEMAN : Good to see such a review about "THE GAME" and it certainly made me feel that yes people here on the forum too follow basketball. Keep it rolling brother and Lakers always amaze me too, but my bet is on Hornets this time.

Nemo: Yea the defending champs have all the caliber to bounce back but Hornets are going to make them bite the dust this time.
Old 8th May 2008, 10:04   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
So WhiteKnight you a Spurs follower!
Well, I follow most of the western conf teams. My fav was always been Suns, for sheer sake of viewing pleasure.

Anyway change is always welcome. That is what makes NBA exciting. Who could forget Heat winning in '06?
WhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2008, 10:15   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Well, I follow most of the western conf teams. My fav was always been Suns, for sheer sake of viewing pleasure.

Anyway change is always welcome. That is what makes NBA exciting. Who could forget Heat winning in '06?
Yea WhiteKnight ! Change is always welcome and though am a die hard Maverick fan, I always followed where Shaq made his way right from Lakers, Heat and now the Suns. But unfortunately age has caught up with the Diesel and he is no more a revelation.
Heat winning in 06 and a future hall of famer Dwayne Wade emerging was something fresh and unfortunately the team went into a downward spiral. Anyways am backing the Hornets this time inspite of drubbing the Mavericks

UPDATE: LAKERS lead Jazz by 93-83 @ 4th Quarter
Old 8th May 2008, 11:11   #29
Senior - BHPian

Default Lakers rout Jazz to take a 2-0 lead

Folks,
Kobe led Lakers in the Game2 of the western conf semis routing Jazz by 120-110. Before the game Kobe was awarded the MVP player award and he justified the award raking in 34 points to help Lakers take a crucial Game2 making it 2-0 before the teams head to Utah for games 3 and 4. Boozer, kirilenko tried their best to get the Jazz into the game but unfortunately the first quarter saw the Lakers post 33 to the Jazz's 18 and this made sure that they had to come in really strong offensively in the next three quarters and also curb the shooting prowess of Kobe.
His efforts were not wasted with Fisher, Odom and ofcourse Gasol too chipping in when needed along with Sasha which made sure Jazz would never catch up to them though they tried in the 3rd Quarter with 34 in favor of them to the Lakers 30 points.
Its time for Jazz and in particular Boozer and Kirilenko to pull up their socks and give it a best shot in Game3 as they enjoy home court advantage.
Old 8th May 2008, 11:13   #30
BHPian

VJ: since all the matches are in the graveyard shift that is the AM timings, any repeat telecast. Anyws after the thread started, i am glued to ESPN sportscentre for the news on NBA
SohailPistawala is offline   Reply With Quote