Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 29th May 2008, 11:40   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Fortunately i didn't get Tata Sky... just got my BigTV connection... haven't watched TV much all day but i can certainly say that the quality and functionality was much better than Tata Sky or Dish.

So far 160+ channels and the offer is still on.. i got 3000rs for 5 months free including set top box and installation under the Reliance Energy user scheme.
You are one of the lucky Mumbai suburbanites !! South Mumbai and Navi Mumbai are out of this offer as REL is not present there.

Does the STB have HDMI port ??
emkay456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 11:43   #32
Team-BHP Support

I keep reading a message on ESPN and star sports that it will be a pay package from 1st June. don't know what's that about.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 15:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

I recently got a Tata Sky connection and have not been too happy with the service. Their installation is handled by a 3rd party that tried to charge me 700 for cabling used which is supposed to be free. They dont do internal wiring even through ducts and the installation charges of about a 1000 is for 10 minutes of work. However now that I have it am more or less satisfied with it. I can recharge online, picture and sound quality is great and the program guide is really useful. Iv got a couple of messages saying that BBC is going to be dropped from my package and made into a part of an add on pack which IMO is BS. Iv signed up for a year and if they drop any of my favourite channels ill get Dish TV or BIG TV installed.
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 21:23   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post

Does the STB have HDMI port ??
No unfortunatly it does not !! I was looking forward to the samething but i must say the quality is brilliant, especially movie channels like HBO look nothing less than DVD quality.

Regular channels like channel V,etc are a bit better than tata sky but not a patch compared to the reception HBO gives... guess its the channel to blame as signal strength is 100%
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 22:19   #35
BHPian

i always buy the recharge card from indiaplaza and renew the connection over phone
bharanidharang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 22:21   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I keep reading a message on ESPN and star sports that it will be a pay package from 1st June. don't know what's that about.
They are moving ESPN, Star sports and Star Cricket into a different package and one will have to subscribe for that from June 1 to continue watching. They will accordingly reduce the subscription rates of our current package.
Mission_Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 18:48   #37
ECM
BHPian

I again commited a mistake to use netbanking facility and paid for it,this time it ate up a sum of Rs.530 in two steps and just now got a call from Tatasky from B'lore Landline no. and they told me with a rough approach that money will be credited back in next 7 working days to my account!!!I asked that nonpolite guy that previously it was 96 hrs and now what is the time limits set by you,he said 7days!!Just pathatic service and now I have decided to move with another dth operator,I confess that this is my mistake to again use netbanking facility as this time I was busy and thought let me recharge my a.c with netbanking facility,here please find screenshots.
Attached Thumbnails
Naam bade aur darshan chhote- Tata Sky-tatasky1.jpg  

Naam bade aur darshan chhote- Tata Sky-tatasky.jpg  

Last edited by ECM : 12th November 2008 at 18:52.
ECM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 18:53   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM View Post
I again commited a mistake to use netbanking facility and paid for it,this time it ate up a sum of Rs.530 in two steps and just now got a call from Tatasky from B'lore Landline no. and they told me with a rough approach that money will be credited back in next 7 working days to my account!!!I asked that nonpolite guy that previously it was 96 hrs and now what is the time limits set by you,he said 7days!!Just pathatic service and now I have decided to move with another dth operator,I confess that this is my mistake to again use netbanking facility as this time I was busy and thought let me recharge my a.c with netbanking facility,here please find screenshots.
ECM, I have always used the netbanking facility to recharge my tatasky account and never had any problem.
Old 12th November 2008, 18:56   #39
ECM
BHPian

M.S this happened with me twice and now I have decided to say bye bye to this tatasky,ordered Dish t.v just now-got a call from a vendor that I can use xtras.t box with my old dish t.v which is in bedroom,I don't want such troubles again.btw I use Axis bank netbanking which you use M.S?
Quote:
ECM, I have always used the netbanking facility to recharge my tatasky account and never had any problem

Last edited by ECM : 12th November 2008 at 18:57.
ECM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 19:09   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM View Post
M.S this happened with me twice and now I have decided to say bye bye to this tatasky,ordered Dish t.v just now-got a call from a vendor that I can use xtras.t box with my old dish t.v which is in bedroom,I don't want such troubles again.btw I use Axis bank netbanking which you use M.S?
I use ICICI bank and i usually recharge for the next 3-4 months.
Old 7th April 2009, 10:47   #41
Senior - BHPian

Default Unscrupulous service by Tata Sky

So I recently shifted my house within Mumbai. I did not know that the new place already had a Tata Sky connection. The previous owner had to leave the cabling and mini-dish (which is Tata Sky's rule for relocation).

I moved in with my STB (including the digicard), plugged it in and it is working as it is supposed to!

So I canceled my request for relocation and instead, just filed a request to change my address.

Now today, I get a call from Tata Sky B'lore landline number saying that I will be charged Rs 350. As per some stupid policy of theirs, address change qualifies as relocation, irrespective of whether a Tata Sky exists at the new address of not.

The minimum they charge for relocation or change of address is Rs 350 so by some un-explained rule, I am supposed to pay that.

The as-usual-rude-and-blocked-mind tele-executive could not understand my case and insisted on sending an engineer at my new house to 'test if everything is working fine'. She also 'threatened' that if I refuse to pay Rs 350 for change of address, I will be blocked from all future technical support.

What is my remedy in this case?
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 11:33   #42
BHPian

leaving out the rude tele-executive, I would not put all blame everything on tata-sky. This being a DTH service, and products are still owned by Tata-sky, they would like to make sure everything works properly. Address change would be a movement of the whole setup with wiring. Its by-chance that your previous owner had left the cabling.

That said, tata could win-over you by just waiving of the charges since there is no work involved from their side.
bharanidharang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 12:36   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
leaving out the rude tele-executive, I would not put all blame everything on tata-sky. This being a DTH service, and products are still owned by Tata-sky, they would like to make sure everything works properly. Address change would be a movement of the whole setup with wiring. Its by-chance that your previous owner had left the cabling.

That said, tata could win-over you by just waiving of the charges since there is no work involved from their side.
I did request for a technical support to ensure that everything is working properly. I checked the signal strength and it was below par. So I asked their technician to come over.

Usually, service calls are free. But since in my case, I had already lodged (and subsequently cancelled) a request for re-installation, I think they got cheesed off and wanted to charge me for technical visit also.

UPDATE - Just got a call from them again. The previous owner had requested for transfer of ownership along with the full kit, so they presumed he had taken away the cabling, LNB and mini-dish. Hence they wanted to charge me for re-install.

After a bit of argument, I was told that under Tata Sky service contract, taking away 'their' equipment to another address and not applying for re-install amounts to 'PIRACY'

So I have been warned not to repeat this 'mistake' again!

What I dont understand is that havent I left back my cabling, LNB and mini-dish at my previous place? Was I given any compensation for that? Did I not pay the full price for that also?
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 12:41   #44
Senior - BHPian

I recharge via phone. Have had no issues so far. The money gets credited in the account pretty quickly and i recieve a confirmation sms as soon as this happens.

Maybe you should try that next time.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 7th April 2009 at 12:43.
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 13:03   #45
Senior - BHPian

1. I recharge over phone - instantaneous and largely error free!

2. Call me lazy - but opted for the Annual Mega pack - everything for 5k Pa - price protected. Plus 12 showcase movies.

3. Took the Tata Sky + offer - so got that for some 4/5k .

ON the whole very happy with the service. On the couple of occasions I had written to them, I got an instantaneous response from their Bangalore office - with a resolution!

So far so good!
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote