Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2008, 21:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Transferring Voter ID from one state to another ?

Is it possible to transfer voter id from one state to another ? what's the procedure ? How much time it takes ? What are the minimum requirement to do so ? Can anyone please provide any pointers ?It'll be very helpful.
Regards,
Kaushik
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11th May 2008, 23:30   #2
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Is it possible to transfer voter id from one state to another ? what's the procedure ? How much time it takes ? What are the minimum requirement to do so ? Can anyone please provide any pointers ?It'll be very helpful.
Regards,
Kaushik
Election Commision India
Nirvachan Sadan,
Ashoka Road, New Delhi-110001
Tel: 011-23717391 Fax: 011-23713412
feedback@eci.gov.in
Link Election Commission India

Last edited by ECM : 11th May 2008 at 23:32.
ECM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 23:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks ECM for the link,going through it now.
but I would like to know is there anyone who has done this before? I mean, is it possible?
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 23:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

why do you want to transfer it. It is not necessary. You can fill in the required form here in Bangalore and submit it. Your name would get added to the electoral list. You just need to cross verify it online and when you get a chance to get a voter id, get it.

The previous one can be returned to the Election Commission. If not during the next electoral list verification drive your family members can ask for your name to be deleted from the rolls.

The election commission is planning to have a centralized system whereby all duplicate entries across states would be removed.

I have a TN voter id and a Karnataka voter id. However my TN name would be struck off the rolls next time.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote