Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 14th May 2008, 17:15   #1
BHPian

Exclamation After Overdrive, Autocar India launches its own TV show

After Overdrive's venture with Overdrive on CNBC TV18, UTVi (new News Channel) and Autocar India are bringing in a new car show simply named The Autocar Show.

I saw the ad on TV just today. Hope it turns out to be more enthusiast-oriented.

A video from the show. I am quite disappointed though. Seems like just another *consumer* oriented *car* show.
salilpawar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 17:28   #2
BHPian

another vedio of the show. This one is on the new BMW 3 series
I am not very happy with it, needs lot of improvement.

Here is another one, This one is on the new accord. I think it has being shot in some place abroad as they mention that the car coming to india would be a little different. This is actually the first show of autocar.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th May 2008 at 23:44. Reason: Merged.
CR-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 20:55   #3
BHPian

Great to have the ACI guys back on television. Butttttttttttttttt which channel is UTVi? I have the loaded pack on Tata Sky and still don't see this channel in the listings?!
GTO - Touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 20:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

Yes, which is UTVi? Even my lifestyle package is on but I don't get it. Why? further I don't even get Zee Telugu
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 23:01   #5
BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Great to have the ACI guys back on television. Butttttttttttttttt which channel is UTVi? I have the loaded pack on Tata Sky and still don't see this channel in the listings?!
For some reason, none of the UTV network channels (all are free-to-air, though) are aired on Tata Sky.Atleast that is the case with my friend's connection.
salilpawar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 09:58   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
For some reason, none of the UTV network channels (all are free-to-air, though) are aired on Tata Sky.Atleast that is the case with my friend's connection.
I don't think this is the case. I had to activate "lifestyle package" I guess to get UTV movies as I was getting a reminder that its free only till 1st may. Btw, I feel we are going out of topic but I feel that we should start a new thread to discuss free to air channels which we don't get on Satellite television. It ain't fair that we are not allowed to view free to air channels. I have noticed that in case a new news channel comes in, silently TATA sky removes some other news channel.

Last edited by amtak : 15th May 2008 at 10:02.
Old 15th May 2008, 10:14   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why? further I don't even get Zee Telugu
Something tells me it's not the language that interests you. LOL

Try youtube!!!

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 13:52   #8
Senior - BHPian

Wink

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT SPAM the forum. One-liners that add absolutely no value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to visit our board rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 15th May 2008 at 14:32.
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 2nd June 2008, 10:28   #9
Senior - BHPian

UTVi is finally available on TATA Sky. Any idea what time does the Autocar Show is being aired?
Old 8th June 2008, 00:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

Saturday 10:30 am
Sunday 12:30 pm & 10:00 pm
sukiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2010, 14:10   #11
BHPian

I saw the next episode of the Autocar show being shot on Palm Beach road, Navi Mumbai on Saturday (30th, October) afternoon. Hormazd Sorabjee was driving the new BMW 5 series (dark metallic brown) behind a new Mercedes E350, white in color. I guess it is a shootout between the new 5 and the new E350.

Like all the reviews, Hormazd was driving and talking about the car while a white Indica with two camera men sitting in the boot shooting the car in motion, was on the right of the BMW.

The show should air this Thursday (04th, November) at 22.30 on UTVi - (Bloomberg?) or next week tops.

Cheers!
DueLLeR
DueLLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2010, 16:48   #12
BHPian

Default Update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR View Post
I saw the next episode of the Autocar show being shot on Palm Beach road, Navi Mumbai on Saturday (30th, October) afternoon. Hormazd Sorabjee was driving the new BMW 5 series (dark metallic brown) behind a new Mercedes E350, white in color. I guess it is a shootout between the new 5 and the new E350.

Like all the reviews, Hormazd was driving and talking about the car while a white Indica with two camera men sitting in the boot shooting the car in motion, was on the right of the BMW.

The show should air this Thursday (04th, November) at 22.30 on UTVi - (Bloomberg?) or next week tops.

Cheers!
DueLLeR
The comparo is being aired on a show called Smart Money - Aspire at 6 PM today on UTV Bloomberg.

Cheers!
DueLLeR
DueLLeR is offline   Reply With Quote