Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 18:13   #1846
BHPian
 
sidcruise79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 122
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
I am the latest addition to the Safari family,bought it recently (actually my dad bought it for me for my 19th Birthday)

So am i youngest one to own a safari here at tbhp?
You bet you are the youngest. Congrats.
Your Rubber ECU cover is missing. Check that out and please get rid of the plastic seat covers and indulge in the leather that your dad has paid for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Here is my 3 day old EX 4x4...
Congrats. Great color.

Last edited by Dippy : 17th November 2009 at 14:41. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
sidcruise79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 21:45   #1847
BHPian
 
richie4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Goa
Posts: 586
Thanked: 181 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcruise79 View Post
You bet you are the youngest. Congrats.
Your Rubber ECU cover is missing. Check that out and please get rid of the plastic seat covers and indulge in the leather that your dad has paid for.
hi can any one please enlighten me about this ECU rubber cover issue I mean where is it. and does this missing link cause any problem?
richie4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 22:45   #1848
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,854
Thanked: 123 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
hi can any one please enlighten me about this ECU rubber cover issue I mean where is it. and does this missing link cause any problem?
Retro fits to the Safari. Should have been done by the TASS before delivery. Regardless, check with the TASS if the retro-fit have been done on your vehicle and if (most probably) not, get them done. They are FOC (Free Of Cost) upgrades to the vehicle.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 23:16   #1849
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,157
Thanked: 345 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Retro fits to the Safari. Should have been done by the TASS before delivery. Regardless, check with the TASS if the retro-fit have been done on your vehicle and if (most probably) not, get them done. They are FOC (Free Of Cost) upgrades to the vehicle.
When you say - get them done, what do you mean? Does a missing ECU cover imply that other retro fits are also not done?
cool_dube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 23:44   #1850
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,157
Thanked: 345 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
@Cool_Dube:Congrats! Wishing you a great ownership experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon View Post
Congratulations brother. Nice colour, and of course 4x4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcruise79 View Post
Congrats. Great color.
Thanks guys!! I loved this color the first time I saw it and decided that if I ever owned a Safari, it'd be in this color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItMyLife View Post
@Cool_Dube, Congrats, nice choice of color and 4x4 cool... Happy riding.... Plan to get carry boy style nudge guard?
Cheers
Sridhar
Thanks ItMyLife - no add-ons planned as yet. Want to enjoy the beast as is for some time.
cool_dube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 11:41   #1851
BHPian
 
sidcruise79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 122
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
When you say - get them done, what do you mean? Does a missing ECU cover imply that other retro fits are also not done?
All Safari's that have got the retro's now have a rubber ECU cover. Hence this has to be checked out from the dealer. Your guess is as good as mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
hi can any one please enlighten me about this ECU rubber cover issue I mean where is it. and does this missing link cause any problem?
It just protects the ECU from dust, so lesser chances of malfunctioning I guess. I have marked it on one of your pics here:
Attached Thumbnails
All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-15082009152.jpg  

sidcruise79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 12:01   #1852
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,854
Thanked: 123 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
When you say - get them done, what do you mean? Does a missing ECU cover imply that other retro fits are also not done?
Yup; there is a set of things to do. You can check out the Safari issue thread for what all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
...At what RPM does the turbo kick-in? I have not cross 2000 RPM as yet on any of the gears and do not plan to do so till run-in is complete.
The turbo starts spooling from 1100 RPM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcruise79 View Post
...Your guess is as good as mine...
Same here.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2009, 17:14   #1853
Senior - BHPian
 
mercedised's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indore
Posts: 1,061
Thanked: 155 Times
Default

Friend's I am presenting my old but astonishing Safari:(sorry for poor pictures quality)








mercedised is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 08:46   #1854
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,084
Thanked: 2,284 Times
Default

Mercedised:

Well maintaned - 4 suggestions to spring back some more life into this old war horse.

1) Replace the rear lights with the new Safari set - They are a direct fit and would set you back by about Rs. 850 for the pair.

2) Replace the side step with the new black and grey one available in the spares market- would set you back by Rs. 4000 odd. The screw holes match the TCIC.

3) Also you could add fog lights to the bull guard upfront - Hella would do well - About 3-4K for Hella, there are some others costing as little as Rs. 1K that may do as well as Indore is not that rainy a place and the lights won't get rusted there.

4) Front fog lights need a replacement - you seem to have a bind one out there. - Pair for Rs. 850 odd.

These measures would spruse up your safari immediately.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 08:57   #1855
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,074
Thanked: 2,015 Times
Default

i would rather say dont replace the rear lights. the new tail lights on the older TCIC would look odd.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 09:06   #1856
Senior - BHPian
 
mercedised's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indore
Posts: 1,061
Thanked: 155 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Mercedised:

Well maintaned - 4 suggestions to spring back some more life into this old war horse.

1) Replace the rear lights with the new Safari set - They are a direct fit and would set you back by about Rs. 850 for the pair.

2) Replace the side step with the new black and grey one available in the spares market- would set you back by Rs. 4000 odd. The screw holes match the TCIC.

3) Also you could add fog lights to the bull guard upfront - Hella would do well - About 3-4K for Hella, there are some others costing as little as Rs. 1K that may do as well as Indore is not that rainy a place and the lights won't get rusted there.

4) Front fog lights need a replacement - you seem to have a bind one out there. - Pair for Rs. 850 odd.

These measures would spruse up your safari immediately.
Very thanks for your valuable suggestions.
1)Yes, the rear lights needs replacement(but uptill now they are just doing fine). and i like these old lights too much.
2)I am looking forward to change them.
3)Thanks. I saw some lights in market of PIAA for around 1200rs are they effective? and there is the time for fog lamps change too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i would rather say dont replace the rear lights. the new tail lights on the older TCIC would look odd.
I love the old lights.
mercedised is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 09:20   #1857
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,084
Thanked: 2,284 Times
Default

Actually I though the same about the Older Tail Lights but then my TCIC rear does not have a wheel cover and instead sports a raw alloy wheel with tyre (Hulk from Neo). So the Circular pattern on the new tail lights look real good on it.

Have also in mycase replaced all the door handles with the new one- They too are a straight fit, with a very small modification in the key barrels -using the older barrles rather than the new ones - This is required as the new barrels are of a spring type (bringing the key back to default position - where as the TCIC ones did not do that.)

You could take that us as well later after you are through with the rest.

Hella are franly the best VFM in the quality fog lights area but possibly the ones you get for 1200 in the market close to you may serve your purpose well enough. The Hella come with a plastic body that does not get rusted and ofcouse the best focus, but the pastic body may not be essential in Indore as it is in the rain shadow region.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 11:30   #1858
Senior - BHPian
 
mercedised's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indore
Posts: 1,061
Thanked: 155 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Actually I though the same about the Older Tail Lights but then my TCIC rear does not have a wheel cover and instead sports a raw alloy wheel with tyre (Hulk from Neo). So the Circular pattern on the new tail lights look real good on it.

Have also in mycase replaced all the door handles with the new one- They too are a straight fit, with a very small modification in the key barrels -using the older barrles rather than the new ones - This is required as the new barrels are of a spring type (bringing the key back to default position - where as the TCIC ones did not do that.)

You could take that us as well later after you are through with the rest.

Hella are franly the best VFM in the quality fog lights area but possibly the ones you get for 1200 in the market close to you may serve your purpose well enough. The Hella come with a plastic body that does not get rusted and ofcouse the best focus, but the pastic body may not be essential in Indore as it is in the rain shadow region.
I changed the rear tail gate door handle as it was broken to a new one, Now its the time to go for other doors too.
How much have your Safari clocked.
Hella are a bit too expensive for me.I will be getting the lights(OEM) changed in few months, so is it a better option to fit new hella lights instead of going for new OEM lights.
mercedised is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 14:18   #1859
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,084
Thanked: 2,284 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
I changed the rear tail gate door handle as it was broken to a new one, Now its the time to go for other doors too.
How much have your Safari clocked.
155,500 - and going strong will post pictures soon on this thread. Been with me for 9 years. Have some basic ones in my TBHP garage snaps.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 17:18   #1860
BHPian
 
hkborah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Guwahati
Posts: 52
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Just returned from a 2500 km all-Gujarat trip and my Rumblebee did very well.

Rumblebee is a 2004 TCIC EX 4x2 and she goes for a complete makeover tomorrow at Keya Motors Vadodara. Full paint and replacement of damaged body trim etc. Brief given to works manager - "make her look like the day she came out of the showroom" sans body decals and Alloy/tyres.

I will post pictures of Rumblebee once she is back. I was told it will tae about 30 days for the complete work.


I am also changing the headlamps as the older ones are slightly brown from the 110/130s and new lamps will complete the look.

How do we fix the rattles on a TCIC? From the dash, we can use a felt lining, from the doors, ok, still quite possible with felt. But how do you kill rattles from the seats?

I am keeping her for 5 more years atleast, even if I buy a new 4x4 VX. So I am treating this as preventive maintenance expenditure.
hkborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please ram.west Motorbikes 1494 7th July 2017 17:31
All T-BHP INNOVA Owners- Your Car Pics here Please btirthankar Shifting gears 104 16th December 2011 09:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:14.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks