| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|9th December 2009, 10:49||#1891|
Safari 2.2 DiCOR 2009 VX 4x4
Model - Tata Safari 2.2 VTT DiCOR
Year of Purchase - 2009 (April)
Odometer - ~19000 KM
1. Tyres - Changed to Michellin LTX AT2
2. ICE - Alpine DVA 9680
a) Kenwood 600 watt 4 Channel Amplifier
b) Sony Components at the front
c) Pioneer 4 Way Co-axials at the middle row
d) JBL subwoofer 12"
e) Car FM transmitter with USB and 3.5mm input jack
3. Headlights - 90/130 Osram Off Roads
4. Fog Lamps - 100W Phillips
5. Horn - Added Stebel nautilus (Gone Kaput after 15000 Km, needs changing)
6. Engine Oil - started with Synthetic Oil from 15000KM Service
Ex-City Travels - (round trip distances covered and teraain)
1. Rajamachi Day trip (~250Km, Highway and Moderate off roading)
2. Bhandardhara Day trip (~250KM, highway and back roads)
3. Mahabaleswar (~500KM, Highway and silly hilly terrain)
4. Lonavala, Khandala Day Trip (~250 KM, Highway)
5. Himachal tribal Circuit (~6000KM, Highway, Extreme Mountain Roads, Moderate Offroading)
6. Dandeli, karnataka (~1300KM, Highway, Forest trails, basic off road)
7. Alibaug (~200KM, Highway, Back Road)
8. Murud - Janjira (~400KM, Highway, back roads, 50 meters beach driving at Kashid)
9. Kelva Beach Day Trip (~250 KM, Highway, back roads)
10. Ganpatipule (~1000KM, Highway, back road, basic off road for time pass)
We have done 10 ex-city tours in about 6 months of ownership as opposed to 3 Ex-city tours in the preceeding 5 Years. So, I guess Pros which I would really care about are pretty evident.
Other than all the stuff like image, road presence, durability, abusability listed time and again on the forum, I am getting great milage too. Starting synthetic oil, I am getting 13.5 KPl highway and 12 kpl City.
Cons - Nothing other than very Minor niggles
a) Turbo Hose was cracked from Day 1, got repaired under warranty
b) The Plastic quality is really bad, the cover piece for the jack (in the boot area) came off within 2/3 days and never got seated back properly
c) The beige interior is a royal pain to maintain, I have quit obsessing with it
d) Cigarette Lighter is extremely inconveniently placed, and has gone kaput within 5000KM of heavy usage
d) Cigarette smoke gets stored somewhere in the engine bay, and later when I roll up the windows and switch on the AC, it comes back thru the AC vent.
However, I am all happy with my car and I don't care much for these niggles. It's not a Santro after all and it demands attention. My Safari has taken me wherever I wanted to go, and that is all that matters to me. Its a true blue SUV, the whole deal. Right from the advertisements to the performance.
Forum Links -
1. Booking Thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...w-driving.html (Mountain Green Tata Safari VX 4x4 Booked. EDIT : Now driving it!)
2. Initial Ownership - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tt-vx-4x4.html (Tata Safari (2009) 2.2 VTT VX 4x4)
3. Car Pics - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1286850
4. Rajamachi Trip - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1324001
5. Himachal Trip - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...it-2009-a.html (The Himachal Tribal Circuit - 2009)
1. Gujrat Rajasthan Border
2. Kinnaur District, HP
3. Rakcham, Near Chitkul, HP
4. Malling Nullah, Nako, HP
5. Chatru, manali - Kaza Highway, HP
6. Batal, manali Kaza Highway, HP
7. Pin Valley, on the way to Bhava Peak, Kaza, HP
8. Syntheri Rocks, Dandeli, KA
9. SH 26, Ganeshgudi, KA
10. Mahabaleshwar, MH
Last edited by sen2009 : 9th December 2009 at 11:05. Reason: Spelling Errors
|9th December 2009, 11:06||#1892|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Sep 2005
Thanked: 1,417 Times
Nice pix Sen
Some pix reminds me of Suman's and TSK's travelogue pix and guess some are the same roads minus the snow.
Loved the cigar smoke part.
And thats some good odo read in 9 months. How better do you feel the synthetic oil is over the regular? And which brand?
|9th December 2009, 11:20||#1893|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jun 2009
Thanked: 1,737 Times
Cool pics I must say, especially the ones shot at HP. What speeds do you maintain on the highway?
|9th December 2009, 11:23||#1894|
Hey thanks man.
Let me check up and revert the synthetic oil brand, I am not too sure about it. But from the time it is added, there are significant improvement in -
1. Engine smoothness. The Sound had gone down considerably. I will post two videos showing the comprison.
2. Milage greatly improved - Bfore it was 11/9.5 (highway/city), Now almost 14/12
3. There was an annoying krr sound around 2200-2400 rpm, that has gone completely.
4. I think pick up has increased.
|9th December 2009, 11:25||#1895|
Normally I drive between 70-80 kph on two ways and 90-110 kph on four laners. Sometimes I have tried 140-160 kph also, but I guess my reflexes aren't good enough to sustain that speed.
|9th December 2009, 11:26||#1896|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Nov 2009
Thanked: 104 Times
Beast between the mountains is wonderful. Gives a feeling as if it is cutting through the mountains
|9th December 2009, 17:29||#1898|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Feb 2006
Thanked: 1,157 Times
Great ownership review with very good pictures,
Also, could you let us know the cost of oil change (synthetic).
|10th December 2009, 12:10||#1899|
Join Date: Nov 2009
Thanked: 0 Times
Picture of My Beast Taken at Ambhli Ghat ( Mumbai - Goa) Route . when it was raining. At 1.00 Pm we had to user full head lights and Fog lamps to get some visibility
|18th December 2009, 14:24||#1902|
Join Date: Sep 2008
So passionate, feel like buying the Safari and meeting all of you across India vow that would be something
|18th December 2009, 20:41||#1903|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Thanked: 2,468 Times
Loooooooooong time on this thread.
Wow... The Safar Clan has grown leaps and bounds.
Congratulations to all those new Safari Owners.
Need to update the count of members sometime by tomorrow.
OK, updates for my safari,
1) 23350Kms as on date ( 3.5 yrs)
2) Got the beast a much deserved wash today morning
3) Thorough rubbing and polishing done by 3M guys
4) Interiors cleaned
5) Tyres and cladding polished
And the much awaited
6) REVERSE CAMERA
Yes. I did a DIY install today afternoon. Have 2 headrest screens, need to find one IRVM camera sometime soon. Presently using a makeshift 7" LCD screen in the front.
|19th December 2009, 03:44||#1905|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London & Rohtak
Thanked: 15 Times
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please||ram.west||Motorbikes||1494||7th July 2017 17:31|
|All T-BHP INNOVA Owners- Your Car Pics here Please||btirthankar||Shifting gears||104||16th December 2011 09:51|