Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2013, 15:05   #2776
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,157
Thanked: 345 Times
Default Re: All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here

Enjoying sunset at Dhanushkodi (Rameswaram)...
Attached Thumbnails
All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-safari.jpg  

cool_dube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 18:29   #2777
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 0
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here

Tata Safari VX 3.0L 4x4 (2005) Gold Colour

I got this beast in February 2013, when it had covered 1,04,000 kms already.

Since I took this over from my relative who is a car maniac & my well wisher, I had all necessary service done when it was handed over to me. I was the 3rd owner, the first one being a good friend of my relative who sold this to me. So no worries over the past maintenance.

Over the past 9 months Iíve put in another 13k with only regular services, a couple of punctures and a battery change.

Iíve been on all the 4 wheels only thrice, twice to get out of the steep mess I landed myself in and only once on an off-roading trip deep inside a jungle, for a few hundred meters though. Yet to put it into real test off the road, which Iíll do only after replacing the wearing all terrain tyres. The beast has returned an approximate mileage of 11 kms within city and upto 13 kms on highways.

Iíve done maximum 500 kms at a stretch (overnight drive) and ended up without any real fatigue. So far Iím really happy to have chosen this as my first ever carÖ (I learnt driving in a Tata Safari 4x4 !!!)
Attached Thumbnails
All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-jai-safari-01100dpi.jpg  

jaikris75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 10:32   #2778
BHPian
 
sjcherian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 429
Thanked: 329 Times
Default Re: All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaikris75 View Post
Tata Safari VX 3.0L 4x4 (2005) Gold Colour

I got this beast in February 2013, when it had covered 1,04,000 kms already.

Since I took this over from my relative who is a car maniac & my well wisher, I had all necessary service done when it was handed over to me. I was the 3rd owner, the first one being a good friend of my relative who sold this to me. So no worries over the past maintenance.

Over the past 9 months Iíve put in another 13k with only regular services, a couple of punctures and a battery change.

Iíve been on all the 4 wheels only thrice, twice to get out of the steep mess I landed myself in and only once on an off-roading trip deep inside a jungle, for a few hundred meters though. Yet to put it into real test off the road, which Iíll do only after replacing the wearing all terrain tyres. The beast has returned an approximate mileage of 11 kms within city and upto 13 kms on highways.

Iíve done maximum 500 kms at a stretch (overnight drive) and ended up without any real fatigue. So far Iím really happy to have chosen this as my first ever carÖ (I learnt driving in a Tata Safari 4x4 !!!)
Congrats ! I have always wondered how a high mileage Safari would do - of course with good maintenance it should be working fine. Also learning driving in a Safari is also pretty unique - most start with something like a Santro or Wagon R or Maruti 800 :-) ! After the Safari am sure you wont ever drive a hatchback or sedan.
sjcherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 15:35   #2779
BHPian
 
BulZire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 348
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here

Some random shots of my Red Hulk [2008 EX].
Running in Synthetic at 49k on odo.

Sorry for not so great pics, will post a better one next time.
Attached Thumbnails
All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-20131124_155214.jpg  

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-20131124_155233.jpg  

BulZire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2013, 20:19   #2780
BHPian
 
bhatmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 53
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here

Brought a LX white safari in home, 1st Jan this year. Sorry, could not get enough time to write a review , and there is plenty in this forum, what to write new !

1) Car Pics-Different Profiles - Attached.

2) ICE Setup-if any:
HU : Blaupunkt Acapulco MP54.
Front : JBL Power P50 component, driven by HU .
Rear: My own custom made speaker - Peerless Woofer and Vifa tweeter - Driven by an Sony 2 channel amp.

I know would be better if I could afford a 4 channel better amp, but the door in Safari isn't suitable for any good speaker, it just vibrates like an earthquake .
Another aspect is, not having my pocket permitting for any upgrade , at this moment.

3) Wheels- If changed
- Immediately changed the OE Bridgestone to MRF Wanderers , in the stock size only - 235/70. But even then it was slightly fouling with from fender, which needed some after-market treatment.


4) Kms Done and a small review:

20K done till date, mostly in the city ( Kolkata), and very couple of very small highway drive ( around 400 to and fro each)

5) Pro's and Con's so far

Pros: Nothing so far.. Sans the road presence and high ground clearance.
Cons: Endless list like others - But now the most irritating part is the tail gate rattle. Can I somehow fix it permanently , any solution experts ??

Then, why Safari :
1. I switched from a sedan ( Verna) to buy a SUV, as the present road condition in the city was strongly demanding the SUV !
2. It was kind of childhood dream, to own a safari. So, went by heart rather than any logic.
3. In the price bracket I was looking for, there was not other SUV, except the bare bone Scorp LX which was ruled out at the beginning.
4. Duster RXE was withing budget ( Slightly more though), but RXE model somehow don;t get rolled out from factory I guess. Renault has intentionally kept it now, to mobilize their higher margin offerings viz. RXL and RXZ etc.
Attached Images
   
bhatmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2013, 10:00   #2781
BHPian
 
BulZire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 348
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatmaster View Post
But now the most irritating part is the tail gate rattle. Can I somehow fix it permanently , any solution experts ??
My friend gave me one excellent but a simple idea for arresting the rear door rattle, I followed it and it worked.

Swirl in and out the rear door lock clamp with duct tape, so that it looks like a half square rubber beading after few rounds. Lock the door and that's it.

No rattling from rear door since last 6 months. Try it out.

If you are not getting exactly what I mean , I will post a pic of it over the weekend.
BulZire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2013, 14:08   #2782
BHPian
 
bhatmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 53
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here

Yes BulZire, a picture would be a real help. If that worked for you for 6 months, hope it gonna be working for me also.
bhatmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2013, 14:44   #2783
BHPian
 
jkrishnakj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 495
Thanked: 304 Times
Default Re: All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Swirl in and out the rear door lock clamp with duct tape, so that it looks like a half square rubber beading after few rounds. Lock the door and that's it.

No rattling from rear door since last 6 months. Try it out.

If you are not getting exactly what I mean , I will post a pic of it over the weekend.
Look forward to the picture. Just couldnt get my head around this.
jkrishnakj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2013, 15:00   #2784
BHPian
 
stormerider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pink City
Posts: 340
Thanked: 488 Times
Default Re: All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here

Here's My UFO aka Tata Safari Storme Lx
Colour - Black
Owned from - 23rd February 2013
ICE -HU - Alpine CDE 126 BT - stock
Speakers -Stock
Tweeters -Stock
Sub -Pioneer 10"
Weels - Dicor Alloys
Tyres -Tubless bridgestone
Seat covers- art leather
Kms - 19991
FE - 11kmpl

Likes -
Ride Quality
Interior Plastic Quality
King of the road and off it!
great cruiser - feel refreshed even after a long drive.
Wife also loves driving it.


dislikes-
rattles from rear hatch door

Finally here is my UFO
All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-dsc_0013-copy.jpg

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-img_2778.jpg

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-img_2784a.jpg

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-img_2791a.jpg

Showing the lineage alongside my brother's 2007 Tata Safari Lx 3.0l dicor

Name:  safaris.jpg
Views: 1593
Size:  86.3 KB

Waiting for the original off-roaders to pass!

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-img_2654-copy.jpg
stormerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2013, 15:35   #2785
BHPian
 
BulZire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 348
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatmaster View Post
Yes BulZire, a picture would be a real help. If that worked for you for 6 months, hope it gonna be working for me also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Look forward to the picture. Just couldnt get my head around this.

I think I am bad at putting words to explain it .
Anyways, I will take a pic and post it tomorrow.

But that's very simple work around not something beyond anyone's imagination. So dont curse me after seeing the pic .
BulZire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2013, 08:55   #2786
BHPian
 
jkrishnakj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 495
Thanked: 304 Times
Default Re: All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here

Lost in the forests, making its own road, my T-Saf.
Attached Thumbnails
All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-img_2971.jpg  

jkrishnakj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 15:34   #2787
BHPian
 
saurabh2711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune, Bhopal, Indore
Posts: 154
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
.... I will take a pic and post it tomorrow.

But that's very simple work around not something beyond anyone's imagination. So dont curse me after seeing the pic .

Hey BulZire,

Where is the PIC please?
Also requesting you, to please post the picture on ""SAfari2.2 problem & solution thread"" as well, so that it does not remains as off-topic. I nearly lost the track of this issue & was searching like mads on all threads i had subscribed, for the pic to get this issue fixed on my beast.

Warm Regards,
Saurabh.
saurabh2711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 17:00   #2788
BHPian
 
BulZire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 348
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here

Here it is , Simple.
Pic taken from mobile and not very clear. But should explain what i meant.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by BulZire : 4th December 2013 at 17:01.
BulZire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2013, 22:42   #2789
BHPian
 
SaurabhSaran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: India
Posts: 124
Thanked: 111 Times
Default Re: All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here

Few clicks of my Safari Dicor 2012

Name:  20131124_122559.jpg
Views: 1358
Size:  588.5 KB

Name:  Safari9Nov13.jpg
Views: 1345
Size:  265.7 KB

Name:  Safari9Nov132.jpg
Views: 1330
Size:  213.6 KB
SaurabhSaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2014, 12:27   #2790
BHPian
 
arvindmanju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: KA01
Posts: 299
Thanked: 147 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!

Name:  image806225418.jpg
Views: 1159
Size:  493.0 KB
arvindmanju is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please ram.west Motorbikes 1494 7th July 2017 17:31
All T-BHP INNOVA Owners- Your Car Pics here Please btirthankar Shifting gears 104 16th December 2011 09:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:11.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks