Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2008, 15:13   #121
Newbie
 
deepakbawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 10
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hey Buddies

I will surely upload the snaps of my Safari (Indian King) by this weekend.But I thing I would like to ask which film I should go for (Brand, Transparency etc.). I have no idea about this.& I am thinking of white lights (headlamps) can you suggest me some good brand for that also.(I am sorry if I put my query in wrong section)
deepakbawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2008, 15:57   #122
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mysore
Posts: 58
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

[quote=PAVAN KADAM;848943]Benny,

Thanks for giving it a thought.


Simply_sunny.

25000 kms within 2 yrs thats too much man, Even tough we've been travelling long distances frequently we've just clocked 16500 kms only.





I have done 27000 in 10 months i bought my 3.0l Dicor in Aug 2007. Cant resist the safari
Ramkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2008, 17:58   #123
Senior - BHPian
 
simply_sunny001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London & Rohtak
Posts: 1,339
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramkumar View Post

I have done 27000 in 10 months i bought my 3.0l Dicor in Aug 2007. Cant resist the safari
thats the spirit Ramkumar

nice to know that you are putting the beast to lot of use.

Why not post some pics here in this thread and an Ownership Report in a Separate thread.
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2008, 18:07   #124
BHPian
 
smsrini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 981
Thanked: 223 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakbawa View Post
Hey Buddies

I will surely upload the snaps of my Safari (Indian King) by this weekend.But I thing I would like to ask which film I should go for (Brand, Transparency etc.). I have no idea about this.& I am thinking of white lights (headlamps) can you suggest me some good brand for that also.(I am sorry if I put my query in wrong section)
SunFilm: 3M, Llumar. 50% transparency for sides and back. 75% for the front windshield.

Headlamps: Osram Silverstar 50%+ H4 60/55w.
smsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 09:10   #125
Newbie
 
deepakbawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 10
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hey smsrini

Thanks a lot for the information. Can you give me any idea about the price also & Osram Silverstar 50%+ H4 60/55w. gives White Light?

Does 75% transparency film on front windshield affects on visibility in night?
deepakbawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 16:02   #126
Senior - BHPian
 
gowda79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,469
Thanked: 141 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakbawa View Post
Hey smsrini

Thanks a lot for the information. Can you give me any idea about the price also & Osram Silverstar 50%+ H4 60/55w. gives White Light?

Does 75% transparency film on front windshield affects on visibility in night?
Bawa instead go for the Osram Night Breaker H4 60/55W - 90% more light and 10% Whiter. We have it on our King and You can rock in the night

Plan for the 3M Cooling paper 73% visibility instead of Lumar and other brands.

3M you can trust them and for The King it is better to use the one's most reputed.
gowda79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 16:05   #127
Senior - BHPian
 
gowda79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,469
Thanked: 141 Times
Default

25000 kms within 2 yrs thats too much man, Even tough we've been travelling long distances frequently we've just clocked 16500 kms only.


I have done 27000 in 10 months i bought my 3.0l Dicor in Aug 2007. Cant resist the safari[/quote]

We have done 13,000Kms till date, we bought The King on Jan 25th 2008 in 4months.

Last edited by gowda79 : 12th June 2008 at 16:06.
gowda79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 16:37   #128
BHPian
 
smsrini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 981
Thanked: 223 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakbawa View Post
Hey smsrini

Thanks a lot for the information. Can you give me any idea about the price also & Osram Silverstar 50%+ H4 60/55w. gives White Light?

Does 75% transparency film on front windshield affects on visibility in night?
3M for the sides should be approximately 6k and another 6k for the front windshield. I have Llumar on the front, and night driving is not affected in any way. Finally what shade you go for, is an individual preference.

The silverstar 50%+ should be around Rs. 400/- a pair. Reports on other threads, say that the Nightbreaker has lesser life than silverstar, esp. if you use the flasher / dipper a lot.

cheers!
smsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 16:42   #129
BHPian
 
chaxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 387
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Here are some of my pics. Will upload more later.
Attached Images
  
chaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 17:01   #130
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,454 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakbawa View Post
Hey Buddies

I will surely upload the snaps of my Safari (Indian King) by this weekend.But I thing I would like to ask which film I should go for (Brand, Transparency etc.). I have no idea about this.& I am thinking of white lights (headlamps) can you suggest me some good brand for that also.(I am sorry if I put my query in wrong section)
Deepak Llumar is supposed to be the best, they have some scratch proof films, they are of good quality, and might cost you around 4500/- all over your car except for the front windshield.

Windshield film which is transparent costs around 6K. Need to put that for such big windshield on the Safari.

Chaxi

Thank you for your Safari Pics.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 18:57   #131
BHPian
 
chaxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 387
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

Windshield film which is transparent costs around 6K. Need to put that for such big windshield on the Safari.
Pavan, how does this windshield film help? I have seen many cars with dark windshields which are generally caught by traffic police in hyd and fined. Is this the same thing?
chaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 20:51   #132
BHPian
 
bglsrini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakbawa View Post
Hey smsrini

Thanks a lot for the information. Can you give me any idea about the price also & Osram Silverstar 50%+ H4 60/55w. gives White Light?

Does 75% transparency film on front windshield affects on visibility in night?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Bawa instead go for the Osram Night Breaker H4 60/55W - 90% more light and 10% Whiter. We have it on our King and You can rock in the night

Plan for the 3M Cooling paper 73% visibility instead of Lumar and other brands.

3M you can trust them and for The King it is better to use the one's most reputed.
Hi,
I have philips ralley 100/130 for head lights Its good. But which is the best?Can i have it or do I want to go in for that osram night breaker or osram silverstar.......? If so,Can it be fitted without any alteration? I am planning to drive to pondy tomorrow and then to thirunnalar and back to bangalore on saturday night.So,If possible,I can change my Headlights If its helpful for me.
bglsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 21:11   #133
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 235
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bglsrini View Post
Hi,
I have philips ralley 100/130 for head lights Its good. But which is the best?Can i have it or do I want to go in for that osram night breaker or osram silverstar.......? If so,Can it be fitted without any alteration? I am planning to drive to pondy tomorrow and then to thirunnalar and back to bangalore on saturday night.So,If possible,I can change my Headlights If its helpful for me.
H4 is the same light which comes in the Safari as a default with 55/60W

Night Breaker H4(Rs.1500 for a set) is also a 55/60W light and for this you do not require any alteration for putting this light.

But for putting 100/130 i think you would have tampered the wiring assembly which comes with the stocks, which will void warranty for any wiring assembly problem.

Last edited by kdeepakk : 12th June 2008 at 21:12.
kdeepakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 21:19   #134
BHPian
 
bglsrini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
H4 is the same light which comes in the Safari as a default with 55/60W

Night Breaker H4(Rs.1500 for a set) is also a 55/60W light and for this you do not require any alteration for putting this light.

But for putting 100/130 i think you would have tampered the wiring assembly which comes with the stocks, which will void warranty for any wiring assembly problem.
I have not tampered the wiring assembly,just fixed the bulbs.
bglsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 21:33   #135
Senior - BHPian
 
gowda79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,469
Thanked: 141 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bglsrini View Post
I have not tampered the wiring assembly,just fixed the bulbs.
If not tampered then no problems just Rock

But 100/130 according to me should be more effective than the 55/60W, i do not understand why you are planning to change it, isn't Philips light effective.
gowda79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please ram.west Motorbikes 1494 7th July 2017 17:31
All T-BHP INNOVA Owners- Your Car Pics here Please btirthankar Shifting gears 104 16th December 2011 09:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks