Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 21st February 2005, 16:32   #1

Unhappy How to purchase on eBay?

Hi i thought of getting a gtech pro from eBay. was selling for 30$. got some queries regarding this

1. how to make sure the seller is reliable
2. will there be a problem with customs if it is shipped to india?
3. how much will the shipping charges be?

GTO i remember you saying you got one thru eBay. can you let me know the process involved?
sajeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2005, 16:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajeeth
Hi i thought of getting a gtech pro from eBay. was selling for 30$. got some queries regarding this

GTO i remember you saying you got one thru eBay. can you let me know the process involved?
I have bought my cam through e-bay, but that was when I was in US. Never done it in India (used Baazee, but not e-bay, but again baazee is part of e-bay . Alright, forget that! ) If you purchase from seller outside of India, custom duty surely applies. Shipping charges will be specified on the Item auction page. Make sure the seller is ready to ship it outside US. Best way to ensure that seller is reliable, is check his past history (it is available for each e-bay member). Choose one with minumum -ve remarks.
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2005, 03:29   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajeeth
Ive bought on Ebay a lot, but always from america with an american debit card.

1. See this rating. Make sure he has sold a satisfactory number of items, and make sure his rating is in the very high 90%s, (i usually only buy from 98,99,100).
2. No clue
3. Ask the seller if he/she ships internationally.

More things to consider -
1. Make sure u have a way to pay (ie make sure ur indian/international credit card can work.) Personally i wld set up a free paypal account before bidding and see if that can work.
2. Read the description well. Notice that if the item is used they dont have to mention it, they will just not say that it is new. Also dont confuse "like new" for "new".
3. Feel free to contact the seller and ask the required questions before bidding.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote