| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|7th June 2008, 21:53||#1|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Oct 2004
Thanked: 74 Times
Luggage booking in trains (Bangalore)
Need help! Parents are traveling to Delhi with a rather lot of luggage on the Rajdhani tomorrow - I did manage to get some idea that we need to weigh the excess and pay and get a receipt at the luggage booking office - but its not that clear
* How does one book stuff into the luggage van ? Safe ?
* Where's the luggage office on the Blore station ? The Rajdhani leaves from PF 8 methinks.
* Any other advice ?
|7th June 2008, 22:02||#2|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Thanked: 83 Times
I have had several experiences of the luggage van, also known as the break van, on the Rajdhani during my PG days. I used to travel from Delhi to Guwahati.
1. At the end of the platform, you will have to locate the luggage booking clerk. The porters will lead you to him. He will weigh and book your luggage. Its very safe as long as all your cartons are marked and packed well. You will need to reach the station atleast 90 minutes before the train departs.
2. Since its PF-8, you need to get to PF-8 and locate the booking clerk there. After the clerk weighs and issues a receipt, it will be you and your porters responsibility to get the luggage loaded onto the brake van. They have shelves in the carriage. The porters will place your luggage onto the shelves. Just keep a watch on them and urge them to place them at the highest possible level.
3. When I used to get my luggage booked, a 20 ruppees note used to do the trick. I used to put it in the shirt pocket of the booking clerk and I was guranteed a VIP treatment. He would take care of the rest and I just had to follow him.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Ciaz vs City boots : The mystery of the matching luggage!||slicvic||The Indian Car Scene||39||24th June 2016 10:48|
|Roof-mounted luggage carrier / roofbox /cycle carrier for Aveo||itwasntme||Modifications & Accessories||21||4th February 2013 18:39|
|For Mumbaiites : Status of roads/trains on water logged days 2008||emkay456||Street Experiences||21||1st July 2008 17:34|
|Scorpio: Luggage Rack Installation option?||sh@rpshooter||Modifications & Accessories||0||4th November 2007 00:30|