Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2008, 14:31   #406
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,074
Thanked: 2,015 Times
Default

i am facing a problem and need help from my fellow scorpio users who owns a mHawk or a CRDe with factory fitted remote locking.
the remote is from nippon. now there are three buttons on the remote: lock/unlock, mute and options. now what is the function of this "options" button? have you been given any manual or guide of the remote along with the car? i have read in the car manual that the functions of the remote are explained in the supplementary manual, but i have not got any. all i got with the car was its manual, warranty book, quick guide to TPMS and a DVD with an animated explanation of the functions of the scorpio. but even in the DVD, they have just explained the basic functions of the remote.
can anybody pls help me with this?
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 15:02   #407
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,074
Thanked: 2,015 Times
Default

ok the pics i am posting are worthless compared to the beautiful pics taken in exotic locations, but i just dint want to be left out!

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-06082008506.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-06082008508.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-06082008510.jpg

The TPMS:

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-06082008512.jpg

the 3 methods to control the music system: head unit, remote and steering controls.

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-06082008514.jpg
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 15:07   #408
BHPian
 
Roshun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 147
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
LOL, the tacho in his avatar! Seems to redline at 4200 rpm. Surely not for a petrol engine!
Yeah, the tacho in the avatar is rather sedate . It's just some Net gif. No, neither does my Scorp's tacho have a redline - but you wouldn't want to push it beyond 4500 RPM ever, or you may end up with four holes in the bonnet when the pistons decide to head for the moon!

Thanks guys for the compliments. A lot of TLC goes into Desert Fox.

Cheers,
Roshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 15:12   #409
BHPian
 
Roshun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 147
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Con of a 4WD?

mansidea, I cannot think of even one! There might be some differences in the ride quality because of the different suspension setup, but it really is not of much concern to those who opt for the 4X4 variant.
Can you think of some negatives?
And to add to Anup's observation (by the way, I think I've seen your car on the road one day on my way to work)... I think the torsion bar setup on the 4wD is slightly stiffer than the 2wd's front suspension. It may be psychological, but I think it handles corners better - with less pitching. Also my alloys are about 0.5 inch offset - giving it a slightly wider track.

Cons of a 4wd - none really. The 200kg weight difference is hardly perceptible in everyday use, nor is mileage adversely affected.
Roshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 16:16   #410
BHPian
 
Off Roadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 280
Thanked: 123 Times
Default

Well Mathur Saab
youve been showing us some amazing pics of your scorpio at various locations.
Heres some from me.

Scorpio at Khardung-La


Scorpio at Munnar


Scorpio at Jaipur


Scorpio at Jaipur II


Scorpio off the Road at Shekhawati


Scorpio at Shekhawati


Scorpio at Lalgarh, Bikaner


Scorpio at Mount Abu


Scorpio at Lonavala


Scorpio at Table Land Panchgani


Scorpio at Mahabaleshwar


Between Panchgani and Mahabaleshwar
Off Roadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 17:59   #411
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,079
Thanked: 251 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshun View Post
Cons of a 4wd - none really. The 200kg weight difference is hardly perceptible in everyday use, nor is mileage adversely affected.
Roshun, the weight difference is only 100 kgs, not 200 kgs.

And BTW, how is your brilliant idea of dual hand-brakes coming along?
anupmathur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 20:51   #412
BHPian
 
Roshun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 147
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Roshun, the weight difference is only 100 kgs, not 200 kgs.

And BTW, how is your brilliant idea of dual hand-brakes coming along?
You're right. Just 100 kgs extra it is. Dual hand-brake idea will take a while I suppose. Just picked up an extended warranty in April, so don't want to mess too much with the fundamental mechanics at the moment. I'll stay content with a decent shovel, wooden planks and plenty of manpower to aid the horsepower in sticky situations for now. Will help me "connect with nature" too. New AT tyres may help matters (will switch to them at 60,000km - another 8,000 to go).
Roshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 20:52   #413
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,074
Thanked: 2,015 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i am facing a problem and need help from my fellow scorpio users who owns a mHawk or a CRDe with factory fitted remote locking.
the remote is from nippon. now there are three buttons on the remote: lock/unlock, mute and options. now what is the function of this "options" button? have you been given any manual or guide of the remote along with the car? i have read in the car manual that the functions of the remote are explained in the supplementary manual, but i have not got any. all i got with the car was its manual, warranty book, quick guide to TPMS and a DVD with an animated explanation of the functions of the scorpio. but even in the DVD, they have just explained the basic functions of the remote.
can anybody pls help me with this?
no help till now?
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 21:10   #414
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,079
Thanked: 251 Times
Default

Rohan, those pics would make anyone proud!
Great job.

@Raj: Please don't fret, I do have a manual lying somewhere. Will check and let you know the function of that 3rd button. I've never used it and never missed it!
anupmathur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 02:31   #415
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Here are some fresh pics. A bit of offroading at lonavala...And the most beautiful road EVER!!!!
Attached Images
        
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 08:39   #416
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,079
Thanked: 251 Times
Default

Raj, disappointing news: the book says NOTHING about the third button, options. I read this manual cover to cover (12 pages) and there is not a word about the button marked options.
I believe it is a dummy, not being used in this current model.
On being pressed, short or long, the LED lights up on the transmitter, but nothing happens!

Here is a pic of the manual I have:
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-nippon.jpg
anupmathur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 09:48   #417
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 206
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
....i am facing a problem and need help from my fellow scorpio users who owns a mHawk or a CRDe with factory fitted remote locking....i have read in the car manual...
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
no help till now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
...@Raj: Please don't fret, I do have a manual lying somewhere...
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
...I read this manual cover to cover (12 pages)...
I myself am looking for an owner's manual for the non CRDe SLX (2005). Can anyone of you'll help? May be a scan of the pages sent through email?
Mohnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 09:51   #418
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,074
Thanked: 2,015 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Raj, disappointing news: the book says NOTHING about the third button, options. I read this manual cover to cover (12 pages) and there is not a word about the button marked options.
I believe it is a dummy, not being used in this current model.
On being pressed, short or long, the LED lights up on the transmitter, but nothing happens!
no worries anup saab, thanks for the effort anyways.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 10:28   #419
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,079
Thanked: 251 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohnish View Post
I myself am looking for an owner's manual for the non CRDe SLX (2005).
Mohnish, are you looking for the Nippon Security System manual or the Scorpio manual?
anupmathur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 11:19   #420
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 206
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Mohnish, are you looking for the Nippon Security System manual or the Scorpio manual?
Anup, honestly I did't know there are two (or more??) manuals !!! Actually, I am looking for Scorpio manual for the non CRDe 2005 SLX. Basically, what the first owner would have got on purchase.
Mohnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All T-BHP Sierra Owners with Pics of their Bull vishnu7185 The Indian Car Scene 239 8th August 2016 23:00
All T-BHP Bolero Owners with Pics of their SUV innerkarma Shifting gears 198 22nd July 2016 21:27
All Team-BHP Fortuner Owners with Pics of their SUV Manuuj The Indian Car Scene 5 20th January 2010 13:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks