Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2008, 12:13   #901
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,079
Thanked: 251 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Anup, Many thanks for the pic. Also I liked the bottle holder. How much does this cost?
LOL, it's supposed to be more than just a bottle holder! It's sold as a Car Lap-Tray. If you notice, it would fit snugly on a passenger's lap, with the two cupholders/bottleholders helping to keep it in place. It's a full fledged tray in its own right!
There is this additional bracket that helps to mount it at the head restraint.
Cost is about Rs.250/-.
anupmathur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 12:25   #902
Senior - BHPian
 
badboyscad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: TN
Posts: 1,439
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
I am thinking of getting the upper panel(non functional) of the rear lights on my Scorpio smoked/blackened.This would then leave the functioning rear lights stock.
Here you go,

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-mahw.jpg
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-mhawk-side-view-1-copy.jpg
badboyscad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 15:06   #903
Senior - BHPian
 
getsurya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,375
Thanked: 932 Times
Default

Hi bbs, thank you!! I guess the car looks better with blackened tail heights.

What do each of you feel?
getsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 15:36   #904
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,074
Thanked: 2,015 Times
Default

ahem, i would prefer the stock "tower" tail lights.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 15:42   #905
Senior - BHPian
 
razor4077's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,874
Thanked: 247 Times
Default

The blackened tail reflectors makes the rear look almost like the older gen Scorp... which looked better anyway IMHO
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 16:48   #906
Senior - BHPian
 
vinaydas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,355
Thanked: 82 Times
Default

badboyscad if u dont mind can you tell me the tyre size you used and the alloys and if possible the costs also..
vinaydas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 17:30   #907
Senior - BHPian
 
badboyscad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: TN
Posts: 1,439
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
badboyscad if u dont mind can you tell me the tyre size you used and the alloys and if possible the costs also..
The alloy wheels on my scorpio are 15 inchers. Costed Rs:4,500 per wheel(when i installed them during June 2007).

The tires are Goodyear Wrangler AT/R 255/70/r15 - Rs:5,650 per tire (when i bought them during June 2008).

Last edited by badboyscad : 17th December 2008 at 17:31.
badboyscad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 19:28   #908
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 386
Thanked: 28 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
The alloy wheels on my scorpio are 15 inchers. Costed Rs:4,500 per wheel(when i installed them during June 2007).

The tires are Goodyear Wrangler AT/R 255/70/r15 - Rs:5,650 per tire (when i bought them during June 2008).
Hi,
Correct me if i am wrong, after the crde version came in ,scorp has 16" rims right?
did you shift to 15" for upgrading from 235 to 255?
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 19:51   #909
Senior - BHPian
 
badboyscad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: TN
Posts: 1,439
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Hi,
Correct me if i am wrong, after the crde version came in ,scorp has 16" rims right?
did you shift to 15" for upgrading from 235 to 255?
You are not wrong, but my scorpio is a non-crde version(1st gen) which came with 15 inch rims as stock.
badboyscad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 21:39   #910
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,079
Thanked: 251 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
badboyscad if u dont mind can you tell me the tyre size you used and the alloys and if possible the costs also..
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
You are not wrong, but my scorpio is a non-crde version(1st gen) which came with 15 inch rims as stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
did you shift to 15" for upgrading from 235 to 255?
LOL, I see where the problem is!
They think that black Scorpio you posted with blacked out rear lights is the one you own!

Last edited by anupmathur : 17th December 2008 at 21:41.
anupmathur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 22:54   #911
Senior - BHPian
 
badboyscad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: TN
Posts: 1,439
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
LOL, I see where the problem is!
They think that black Scorpio you posted with blacked out rear lights is the one you own!
Oh, i get it now.

@ vinaydas: If you were asking about the alloys & wheels on the black(getsurya's) scorpio mhawk in post #902, they are 16" Aura alloys(model no:F11665 , PCD: 139.7-160) and bridgestone dueler H/T 235/70/r16 tires.
badboyscad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2008, 10:00   #912
Senior - BHPian
 
getsurya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,375
Thanked: 932 Times
Default

bbs, congrats dude. Thanks for the replies too.By the way, mHawk is super to own!!

Anupji, good catch.

I think we need more spice in this Scorpio forum.

To begin with, let us all post pics and specs with costs of our ICE system. I am typing this down now not to let the idea trail off. I shall post mine on the weekend friends.!
getsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2008, 15:23   #913
Senior - BHPian
 
razor4077's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,874
Thanked: 247 Times
Default

ICE in my Scorpio (some pics in my garage):

Head unit: Pioneer DEH-P4050UB head unit with iPod+USB adapter cables
2-way Front Component Speakers: Illusion Electra EL6.1
Rear Fill Speakers: Pioneer 6"x9" Coaxials
Amplifier: Ground Zero Titanium 120 MKČ
Connection wires: Scosche e2 wiring kit plus additional Scosche speaker wire & RCA cable
Full Damping (Noisekill) for the front doors
Custom-made speaker locations for front doors

Entire setup cost about 20k. Component speakers and amp were purchased from another Team BHPian when he was upgrading his setup.

I wanted a subwoofer in the setup but since I have a 8 seater (last row seating, not 2 jump seats), there's no place to put a sub. Only option is to keep the rear seat folded at most times. This is something I might think of doing down the line. In any case, the ICE sounds very nice now. The Illusion components are super and they run very well off the GZ amp.
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2008, 15:44   #914
BHPian
 
prabhuav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 670
Thanked: 112 Times
Default scorpio sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
ICE in my Scorpio (some pics in my garage):

Head unit: Pioneer DEH-P4050UB head unit with iPod+USB adapter cables
2-way Front Component Speakers: Illusion Electra EL6.1
Rear Fill Speakers: Pioneer 6"x9" Coaxials
Amplifier: Ground Zero Titanium 120 MKČ
Connection wires: Scosche e2 wiring kit plus additional Scosche speaker wire & RCA cable
Full Damping (Noisekill) for the front doors
Custom-made speaker locations for front doors

Entire setup cost about 20k. Component speakers and amp were purchased from another Team BHPian when he was upgrading his setup.

I wanted a subwoofer in the setup but since I have a 8 seater (last row seating, not 2 jump seats), there's no place to put a sub. Only option is to keep the rear seat folded at most times. This is something I might think of doing down the line. In any case, the ICE sounds very nice now. The Illusion components are super and they run very well off the GZ amp.
@ razor I have an 8 seater and a subwoofer sits peacefully . here is a pic.
prabhuav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2008, 16:11   #915
BHPian
 
prabhuav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 670
Thanked: 112 Times
Default

forgot the attachment..
Attached Images
 
prabhuav is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All T-BHP Sierra Owners with Pics of their Bull vishnu7185 The Indian Car Scene 239 8th August 2016 23:00
All T-BHP Bolero Owners with Pics of their SUV innerkarma Shifting gears 198 22nd July 2016 21:27
All Team-BHP Fortuner Owners with Pics of their SUV Manuuj The Indian Car Scene 5 20th January 2010 13:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:13.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks