Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 4th June 2009, 10:12   #1441
Senior - BHPian

Raj, you seem to have installed LEDs on your number plates (looks amazing). Did you do it as DIY or got a setup from off the shelf ?
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 11:36   #1442
Senior - BHPian

thanks buddy, it bought off the shelf. i am not good in DIY.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 14:36   #1443
BHPian

Hey Raj, Blue LED's look really cool on a white Scorpio.
ScorpMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 16:28   #1444
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Raj, cool pics mate and yes that LED looks cool on your guard.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 19:10   #1445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Hey Raj, Blue LED's look really cool on a white Scorpio.
blue??? its white buddy! maybe its appearing blue because of the poor night cam quality of my N95.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
Raj, cool pics mate and yes that LED looks cool on your guard.
thanks buddy.
Old 10th June 2009, 22:27   #1446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
some new pics from my side- to re-kick the thread alive!
nothing extra-ordinary AGAIN !!!
hi raj,

could you provide me details of the bull guard on your scorpio. it looks really neat and i would like to get the same.

cheers

Ksingh
Ksingh544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 23:26   #1447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
...could you provide me details of the bull guard on your scorpio. it looks really neat and i would like to get the same...
Yeah agree with Ksingh on that...So Raj, please post in the forum full details...where, how much etc etc. Also, that seems to be an aftermarket accessory (not M&M), so does that damage your warranty?

Thanks in advance.
Mohnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2009, 07:44   #1448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
hi raj,

could you provide me details of the bull guard on your scorpio. it looks really neat and i would like to get the same.

cheers

Ksingh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohnish View Post
Yeah agree with Ksingh on that...So Raj, please post in the forum full details...where, how much etc etc. Also, that seems to be an aftermarket accessory (not M&M), so does that damage your warranty?

Thanks in advance.
ok mates, i bought the guard for Rs. 13,500. this guard is "supposedly" imported from thailand & was fitted on my car with custom made brackets. it took around 4 hours to intall this in my car. it is made of PU & so does not break. normal fibre ones are also available & is cheaper too.

i bought this guard through "ajanta guards" in mumbai. its was not their own stuff but somhow they managed to get one! but now, in one of their ads, i have seen this same guard fitted in a scorpio & xylo.

mohnish, i got this fitted near bombay central. 'ajanta' had their own shop there. however, i am not aware about any warranty issues. till now, no problems have cropped up. however, the mahindra does state that any aftermarket accessories will void the warranty. but that implies to even changing the basic ICE! i had issues with my AC cooling coil, since the guard is nowhere related to the cooling coil, it was replaced under warranty. i dont think it should affect any warranty policies.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 11th June 2009 at 07:47.
Old 11th June 2009, 10:22   #1449
BHPian

Quote:
...for Rs. 13,500...
...i dont think it should affect any warranty policies.
Raj, thanks for the in depth. 13.5 is expensive, but obviously worth it. It does add to the Scorp.

About the warranties...I really don't want to mess with that as I recently got my warranty extended to 1L km / 4 years... Lets see...the bull guard is very tempting! The M&M bullguards are very passe'.

Thanks again.
Old 11th June 2009, 12:04   #1450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i had issues with my AC cooling coil, since the guard is nowhere related to the cooling coil, it was replaced under warranty. i dont think it should affect any warranty policies.
You mean M&M replaced your imported bullguard with new one ?
Old 11th June 2009, 20:17   #1451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Raj, thanks for the in depth. 13.5 is expensive, but obviously worth it. It does add to the Scorp.

About the warranties...I really don't want to mess with that as I recently got my warranty extended to 1L km / 4 years... Lets see...the bull guard is very tempting! The M&M bullguards are very passe'.

Thanks again.
Yes, it is expensive, but i dont like the steel guards that some fit on their scorpios, especially white scorpios. it not in my taste.

about the warranty, you can ask the M&M dealer about this. but most probably they will tell you that anything other than mahindra GENUINE (!!) accessories will make warranty void!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
You mean M&M replaced your imported bullguard with new one ?

are you kidding me buddy?
i meant they replaced the AC coil under waranty.
Old 12th June 2009, 10:55   #1452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

are you kidding me buddy?
i meant they replaced the AC coil under waranty.
ooh, reading from the post I thought you were talking about bullguard. Well Raj, you have lots of study and have done good matching fitments on your car. right from LEDs to bullguard to laminated flooring. Is there anything else that we donot know of ?
Old 12th June 2009, 18:09   #1453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
ooh, reading from the post I thought you were talking about bullguard. Well Raj, you have lots of study and have done good matching fitments on your car. right from LEDs to bullguard to laminated flooring. Is there anything else that we do not know of ?
well, thats a compliment, thanks buddy.

LEDs, bullguard, laminated flooring... you missed only 1 thing: blackened pillars! i wanted to change the alloys but sadly that will not happen as the TPMS will go!!!

now i am thinking whether i should go for white coloured bulbs for my front parking lights. they cost 450 for a set of two. i am not too much in favour of xenons though.

yes, there is definetely something you dont know of. when i bought the car, i was dumb & knew nothing about car ICE!!!

to know more, go through this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...pio-2-2-a.html
Old 13th June 2009, 21:52   #1454
BHPian

Quote:
...but i dont like the steel guards that some fit on their scorpios, especially white scorpios...

Quote:
...about the warranty, you can ask the M&M dealer about this. but most probably they will tell you that anything other than mahindra GENUINE (!!) accessories will make warranty void!...
not only genuine, but additionally they said any work should only be done only at the Auth Sev Cent. I figure it does makes sense from all points of view.

Quote:
...i wanted to change the alloys but sadly that will not happen as the TPMS will go!!!...
not only the TPMS, but also the warranty. I asked and the reason given was that as the wheels have a specific weight design etc. and they are inherently connected to the ABS, and kind of unauthorized changes in that area would void the warranty ...Incidentally, the manual states somewhere the procedure to relocate the TPMS to a new set of alloyss

Last edited by Mohnish : 13th June 2009 at 21:54.
Old 13th June 2009, 22:01   #1455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

not only genuine, but additionally they said any work should only be done only at the Auth Sev Cent. I figure it does makes sense from all points of view.
it makes sense only in one point of view: mahindra A.S.S want to make maximum profit.

Quote:
not only the TPMS, but also the warranty. I asked and the reason given was that as the wheels have a specific weight design etc. and they are inherently connected to the ABS, and kind of unauthorized changes in that area would void the warranty ...Incidentally, the manual states somewhere the procedure to relocate the TPMS to a new set of alloyss
all this is crap. our very own bhp member "getsurya" has changed the alloys in his mHawk & its running fine. it was done at the mahindra A.S.S, of course, with the help of some 'contacts'.
the sensors can be transplanted to another alloys using the procedure stated in the manual.
also, i dont think TPMS sensors are related to the ABS in any way. ABS is connected to wheel speed sensors which work on a totally different principle (electromagnetic) & TPMS sensors works on a different principle (piezoelectric). moreover, ABS is also present in the SLE/VLS variants which did not have TPMS.

i did not bother asking the mahindra A.S.S till now as they wont touch any alloys which are not their "genuine" stuff!!! and i did not like any wheel design from what they offer. i liked one from the NEO range but the owner of the shop said that he cannot guarantee about the working of the sensors in any way, after the transplant. SAD...

Last edited by raj_5004 : 13th June 2009 at 22:04.