Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


View Poll Results: Stocks as a percentage of my net assets are -
0 - 25% -- I'm like the most conservative Indians. I love FDs. 220 31.88%
26 - 50% -- I have a few stocks. 307 44.49%
51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 113 16.38%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 50 7.25%
Voters: 690. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2015, 13:55   #2956
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 21
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
About end of April I had invested in about 30 stocks (No particular methodology in selecting these. More of going through few charts/Suggestions, etc) with the aim of being invested in these till year end. About 17 of them have given good returns in the little over 2.5 months now.
That was some awesome returns you have there! But the whole picture will not be complete without including the remaining 13 stocks in that table :-)

Even then it remains awesome!!
Ravijai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2015, 13:33   #2957
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,781
Thanked: 378 Times
Default Re: Do you play the stock market

The market is down by close to 440 points. What a way to start Monday morning!


As expected, gold has gone up.
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2015, 14:38   #2958
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ............
Posts: 3,260
Thanked: 4,210 Times
Default Re: Do you play the stock market

Just now, placed my bids for 300 shares of Power Finance Corporation at ₹ 254 under OFS.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2015, 01:36   #2959
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 101
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Sudev, can you please share on how much advance deposit (towards brokerage) did you make and what brokerage rate you got?
civic-dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2015, 04:14   #2960
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 131
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: Do you play the stock market

With this talk of P-notes and Chinese gloom, market has taken a beating. Such temporary downsides on sensex are the best times for buying all your shortlisted companies at a price with sufficient 'margin of safety'!
ICICI Bank and Sun Pharma are available at a good bargain right now!
ameyawaghmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2015, 14:16   #2961
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,781
Thanked: 378 Times
Default Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyawaghmare View Post
ICICI Bank and Sun Pharma are available at a good bargain right now!
Something special about these?
Both shares were at almost the same level 1 year ago. So, I am not quite excited.
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2015, 15:25   #2962
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sudev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,449
Thanked: 1,993 Times
Default Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Sudev, can you please share on how much advance deposit (towards brokerage) did you make and what brokerage rate you got?
Advance brokerage of 25k and rate of 0.35%. Advance brokerage can be carried for 15 years or till it's used up which ever is earlier.
sudev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2015, 18:33   #2963
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 101
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Advance brokerage of 25k and rate of 0.35%. Advance brokerage can be carried for 15 years or till it's used up which ever is earlier.
Thanks Sudev, this sounds good. I will also opt for this scheme.
civic-dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2015, 18:41   #2964
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Goa
Posts: 267
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Do you play the stock market

Hi,

Folks invested in Kitex, request you to listen to recent concall and make up your mind.

Excellent results from CCL.
VindyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2015, 02:34   #2965
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 131
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Something special about these?
Both shares were at almost the same level 1 year ago. So, I am not quite excited.
ICICI Bank has good capital adequacy and every step being taken to reduce NPA. A BSE-30 company at a 52-week low is always a good buy. If the stock price was at the same level last year, you might consider the upside this has in the next few quarters.

Sun Pharma, purely a speculation trade. It is at an attractive valuation but it's likely to stay low till the time the results beat street expectations. I would still go for it considering it is one of market leaders.
ameyawaghmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2015, 09:50   #2966
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 526
Thanked: 101 Times
Thumbs up Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyawaghmare View Post
ICICI Bank has good capital adequacy and every step being taken to reduce NPA. A BSE-30 company at a 52-week low is always a good buy. If the stock price was at the same level last year, you might consider the upside this has in the next few quarters.

Sun Pharma, purely a speculation trade. It is at an attractive valuation but it's likely to stay low till the time the results beat street expectations. I would still go for it considering it is one of market leaders.
Both are down for valid reasons. ICICI specifically for it's exposure to JP Associates, which BTW has become a penny stock. Sun Pharma, hasn't yet digested the difficult merger of Ranbaxy with itself.

No doubt, both of them are of good pedigree but would agree with you that it would require 2 - 3 quarters for them to come out of this situation.
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 16:05   #2967
BHPian
 
Jimmy_u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bombay / Pune
Posts: 248
Thanked: 78 Times
Default Re: Do you play the stock market

Hello Friends,

I am looking for opening the demat account with either ICICI or Sharekhan, checked both the portals live as 2 of my friends use each of these and found both to be almost same.
Now i am confused as to which one to opt for, my bank account is with ICICI.

Can the experts please share their thoughts on this, I am looking at 60% mid-long term investing and 40 % intraday trading.

Thanks in Advance.
Jimmy_u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2015, 01:38   #2968
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,427
Thanked: 6,375 Times
Default Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_u View Post
Hello Friends,

I am looking for opening the demat account with either ICICI or Sharekhan, checked both the portals live as 2 of my friends use each of these and found both to be almost same.
Now i am confused as to which one to opt for, my bank account is with ICICI.

Can the experts please share their thoughts on this, I am looking at 60% mid-long term investing and 40 % intraday trading.

Thanks in Advance.
Sharekhan will have a lesser service charge as far as I know. Performance wise, both should be equally good.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2015, 16:21   #2969
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,781
Thanked: 378 Times
Default Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Hi,

Folks invested in Kitex, request you to listen to recent concall and make up your mind.

Excellent results from CCL.
@Vindy: We have been missing your presence here.

I am not having any Kitex shares, but I do have a handful of Igarashi, which is now making some news.

The stock has gone up many times since I bought a small number and it continues to climb up.

I am not sure what the future is though.

I added a few of Zen Technologies recently. I expect at least 30% returns in 1 year for that.
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2015, 16:23   #2970
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sudev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,449
Thanked: 1,993 Times
Default

CCL - is this container corporation?
sudev is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stock Steering Wheel with Audio Controls Connected to After Market Headunit? Epic In-Car Entertainment 34 24th July 2014 12:36
Stock Market - Technical Analyis Tutorial carboy Shifting gears 5 24th June 2011 23:28
Games you can play at office (Flash / browser based) Spinnerr Shifting gears 24 23rd September 2010 20:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:14.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks