Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


View Poll Results: Stocks as a percentage of my net assets are -
0 - 25% -- I'm like the most conservative Indians. I love FDs. 219 32.02%
26 - 50% -- I have a few stocks. 302 44.15%
51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 113 16.52%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 50 7.31%
Voters: 684. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2008, 21:07   #496
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Treble View Post
Rel Power announced a bonus???
B&T in equity section

Quote:
What I feel is that the original allotees who have not sold their shares and whose names are on the company record as on 24th February stand to benefit from the bonus issue.
I have not sold a single share, thought have 15, since its crazy to get into the bull run IMO. Just leave Power for long term and sit back
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 00:07   #497
Senior - BHPian
 
shuvc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 2,895
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Is there any way to avail of the SBI rights issue through ICICIDirect? I have received a hard copy form from for it, but would love to opt for an online process.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 10:25   #498
BHPian
 
m3_07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 263
Thanked: 180 Times
Default

Gents....can we setup a thread where the best picks are advised??? OR is there already a thraed on this??

Most of the blogs these days have lost genunine advisors - as every1 advices these days.
m3_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 10:47   #499
Senior - BHPian
 
snaronikar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,845
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Has anybody applied to Rural Elecrification - IPO?. It looks like a good bet for long term.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 10:54   #500
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,855
Thanked: 15,416 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
Gents....can we setup a thread where the best picks are advised??? OR is there already a thraed on this??

Most of the blogs these days have lost genunine advisors - as every1 advices these days.
I am a paid subscriber to Moneycontrol poweryourtrade.
What I have seen over the long term is that their pics are good when markets are going up.
So now I use the stocks they advise as a starting point, and then just do my own analysis(technical mostly).
You can also look at economic times website for starting point.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 12:00   #501
LLL
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 634
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Has anybody applied to Rural Elecrification - IPO?. It looks like a good bet for long term.
REC is fully subscribed now. I intend to apply for it...but right now reliancemoney.com is not letting me apply to it. Will try after a few hours.

How many shares are you applying for and at what price?
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 12:12   #502
Senior - BHPian
 
snaronikar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,845
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
How many shares are you applying for and at what price?
I have applied 240 shares at cut off price Rs.105/share. Lets wait and see how much will be alloted.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 12:44   #503
BHPian
 
m3_07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 263
Thanked: 180 Times
Default

Friends...IMO, while you apply for the IPO, you will need to track the list of subscription first. This can be seen in the NSE/ BSE websites. I haven't come accross a single IPO, which was oversubscribed & listed below the list price.

Ofcourse, life is full of exceptions - reliance power. Im still unable to digest the fact that it listed below. Whatever be he market conditions - with the kind of money available during offer, I do not understand why it could not sustain even the list price.

Applying for a IPO on an first day/ first show would be a gamble IMO.
m3_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 12:48   #504
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 2,147
Thanked: 142 Times
Default

Quote:
Most of the blogs these days have lost genunine advisors - as every1 advices these days.
What makes you think that it will not happen here also? There was this guy who was predicting that the index will hit 10000 this year, according to his calculations. He has not shared his methodology so far.

Quote:
Does that mean those who will have their share on 24thFeb will be alloted extra shares?
Not exactly. The company will fix a record date, and those who hold shares as on the record date will get the bonus shares, even if they sold the holding as on record date, but before the bonus shares are allotted. here is an example.

I hold 10 shares in company X. They declare 1:1 bonus, and the record date is 10 January. I sell 5 shares on January 15th. If the shares are allotted on February 5th, I end up with 15 shares of the company - 5 unsold, + 10 bonus because I held 10 shares as on the record date.

Rpower will give shares to every shareholder, except the promoters; so even if you buy shares on 25th, you would qualify for bonus.

Remember that market price is determined by the market, (obviously. That is why it is called the market price), so we cannot make prediction about what the prices will be after the bonus. There have been cases when shares of companies went down after the bonus, and there have been cases when share price went up after the bonus.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 12:51   #505
LLL
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 634
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
Friends...IMO, while you apply for the IPO, you will need to track the list of subscription first. This can be seen in the NSE/ BSE websites. I haven't come accross a single IPO, which was oversubscribed & listed below the list price.

Ofcourse, life is full of exceptions - reliance power. Im still unable to digest the fact that it listed below. Whatever be he market conditions - with the kind of money available during offer, I do not understand why it could not sustain even the list price.

Applying for a IPO on an first day/ first show would be a gamble IMO.
REC IPO subscribed 1.62 times within one hr- Hindustan Times

Its now 1.62 times. Just to be on safe side, maybe apply on 3rd or 4th day. Also, instead of applying at maximum limit (1 lakhs) i would prefer to apply at less than that to cut some risk. Ofcourse that may mean i dont get any allotment.
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 13:02   #506
Senior - BHPian
 
snaronikar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,845
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
REC IPO subscribed 1.62 times within one hr- Hindustan Times

Its now 1.62 times. Just to be on safe side, maybe apply on 3rd or 4th day. Also, instead of applying at maximum limit (1 lakhs) i would prefer to apply at less than that to cut some risk. Ofcourse that may mean i dont get any allotment.
Absolutely agree with you. No point in putting the whole money. Apply for minimum no you can afford and they enhance after it lists in the market. I usually do the same.

And for all others, CNBC, NDTV profit and Angel broking is predicting that this can be like one of the navratnas on the long run. Govt is banking heavily on this IPO and they cannot let it go off thin air.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 15:09   #507
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 117
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

It is not yet out whether the 'retail' segment is oversubscribed or not. I believe it won't be. As usual, institutional investors would have bet their money on it and that has led to 1.6 times oversubscription.

In these volatile times, there is high chance of a retail investor getting a larger percentage of applied quantity. The minimum bid qty is 60, so I would advise applying for minimum 300 Nos. The logic being, if you get the full allocation, and if the stock goes up on the listing day, you would have hit the jackpot. In a worst case scenario, of stock falling by even as high as 20% on an opening day, you would have lost not more than Rs 6k (300 Nos x 20 Rs)

Again, if you are a long term player (which you should be) REC is a good buy.
CaAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 18:09   #508
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
REC is fully subscribed now. I intend to apply for it...but right now reliancemoney.com is not letting me apply to it. Will try after a few hours.
If your serious about trading then reliance money is not the place to trade, very very slow and half the time doesnot accept orders
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 18:20   #509
LLL
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 634
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
If your serious about trading then reliance money is not the place to trade, very very slow and half the time doesnot accept orders
I havent faced those 2 problems - slow and does not accept orders. But faced another set of problems -
  • its often down for maintenance so cant place AMO or IPO or MF orders
  • money disappears from ledger balance, to reappear after 2-3 days
  • takes 2-3 days for funds withdrawal
  • no help, phone lines are busy
i am not a serious or a large volume trader, so this is working fine for me. But if AD is serious about making RM the best platform, then he needs to fix this. Looking at qlty of reliance online services, i wouldnt consider any of reliance companies for ITES services.
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 18:30   #510
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
I havent faced those 2 problems - slow and does not accept orders. But faced another set of problems -
  • its often down for maintenance so cant place AMO or IPO or MF orders
And yeah it doesnot show portfoilo either
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stock Steering Wheel with Audio Controls Connected to After Market Headunit? Epic In-Car Entertainment 34 24th July 2014 12:36
Stock Market - Technical Analyis Tutorial carboy Shifting gears 5 24th June 2011 23:28
Games you can play at office (Flash / browser based) Spinnerr Shifting gears 24 23rd September 2010 20:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks