Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


View Poll Results: Stocks as a percentage of my net assets are -
0 - 25% -- I'm like the most conservative Indians. I love FDs. 220 31.88%
26 - 50% -- I have a few stocks. 307 44.49%
51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 113 16.38%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 50 7.25%
Voters: 690. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2008, 23:25   #571
LLL
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 634
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
ICICI, HDFC bank shares are bit risky to buy at this level. I do agree couple of months share market will fluctuate too much.
ICICI @ 978 is at its lowest point this year. it didnt fall to that level in jan & feb crashes. so i think its a great buy at that price. Just last week itself icici was trading at 1050-1150 range.

so if markets were to return to their pre-budget days, you are looking at a cool 10% earnings from icici.

i had brought @ 1065 so am being wait out....
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2008, 23:43   #572
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: chennai
Posts: 756
Thanked: 297 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
ICICI @ 978 is at its lowest point this year. it didnt fall to that level in jan & feb crashes. so i think its a great buy at that price. Just last week itself icici was trading at 1050-1150 range.

so if markets were to return to their pre-budget days, you are looking at a cool 10% earnings from icici.

i had brought @ 1065 so am being wait out....

looking at it technically, it has breached a support level which it did not previously, so to me it shows signs of weakness, time to sell.

regards
tifosi.
tifosikrishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 00:21   #573
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: amritsar
Posts: 71
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
ooking at it technically, it has breached a support level which it did not previously, so to me it shows signs of weakness, time to sell.

I agree !

I wont say sell for long term invester but atleast no Buy for some time on this stocjk as it breached its support level

Market Tomarrow ( wednesday)has little chance of recovery ! Lets hope for the best
drkhalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 02:03   #574
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,913
Thanked: 15,573 Times
Default

Europe and Asia have tumbled. I guess its more tumbling down tomorrow.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 08:37   #575
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: amritsar
Posts: 71
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Europe and Asia have tumbled. I guess its more tumbling down tomorrow.
On tuesdat Nifty Checked its support level 4840 so technically there should be bounce back( upto 5000 level) but global cues can effect it
drkhalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 10:28   #576
rkg
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,041
Thanked: 543 Times
Default ICICI hit by US sub primes crisis exposure

as per TV channels and new papers ICICI hit by US sub primes crisis exposure to the extent of 260 million US $. it was main reason behind yesterday fall in stock price
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 10:32   #577
rkg
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,041
Thanked: 543 Times
Default ICICI hit by US sub prime crisis exposure

sorry post got duplicated.

Last edited by rkg : 5th March 2008 at 10:40.
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 10:56   #578
LLL
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 634
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
as per TV channels and new papers ICICI hit by US sub primes crisis exposure to the extent of 260 million US $. it was main reason behind yesterday fall in stock price
ecotimes says other banks will be shortly announcing their exposures to subprime crisis...so expect banking stocks to get a second beating pretty soon....
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 11:55   #579
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 117
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hi all,

Can someone suggest good pharma stocks to invest in? I have shortlisted Jubiliant Organosys, Dishman Parma and Ranbaxy.

I am looking at a long term investment, say 1 year.
CaAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 13:21   #580
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 2,147
Thanked: 142 Times
Default

@CaAT. Bad question, wrong forum, and <pardon me> stupid </pardon me> approach to spending money. If you have money to burn, fill up your car, and d r i v e!!!!

Never depend on others recommendationt to BUY shares; you can look at recommendations to shortlist shares for research. If you do now what "research" means, you better stay off the stock market and stick to some mutual fund.

Sorry, I do not intend to be rude.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 15:18   #581
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 117
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hey Backseatdriver,

No need to be sorry. No offence taken.

I have already built up a good portfolio of shares across the spectrum. Pharma and FMCG, which had all along underperformed, were the only two sectors missing from it.

Given that budget was extremely positive for these two sectors, I thought of asking if anyone had already invested in them.
CaAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 15:45   #582
LLL
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 634
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

can there be a jump on 13-march in powergrid when it gets included in nifty? thinking of buying some from short-term perspective...
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 23:40   #583
Senior - BHPian
 
harjeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,896
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaAT View Post
Hey Backseatdriver,

No need to be sorry. No offence taken.

I have already built up a good portfolio of shares across the spectrum. Pharma and FMCG, which had all along underperformed, were the only two sectors missing from it.

Given that budget was extremely positive for these two sectors, I thought of asking if anyone had already invested in them.
Pharma i dont invest. But in Fmgc my long term bets are ITC & TATATEA.
Both are from very good industrial houses, leaders in their feilds and the products that they make ITC (major revenue tabacco) TATATEA(tea) have inelastic demand. I.e. Even in recession or downturn would be the least effected.
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2008, 18:55   #584
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 197
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
ecotimes says other banks will be shortly announcing their exposures to subprime crisis...so expect banking stocks to get a second beating pretty soon....
From ICICI's statement, the problem seems to be more on credit derivative, rather than subprime. I am unable to understand why Indian media terming it as subprime, rather than something like credit crunch. Or is my understanding wrong??
jagan0677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 11:20   #585
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 613
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

Today it's carnage. Sensex has plunged to sub-16000 levels and there is not even one gainer in group-A.

\N
ntomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stock Steering Wheel with Audio Controls Connected to After Market Headunit? Epic In-Car Entertainment 34 24th July 2014 12:36
Stock Market - Technical Analyis Tutorial carboy Shifting gears 5 24th June 2011 23:28
Games you can play at office (Flash / browser based) Spinnerr Shifting gears 24 23rd September 2010 20:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks