Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2008, 20:37   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,854
Thanked: 123 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
you will get it. They just want to confirm if it is the same person who has applied for the visa who is getting it...
Absolutely! Since you have already traveled, there is not much that might want except to verify you are who you say you are! Just carry the offer letter from your current company and when they ask why someone said you do not work there, say the reason - you are new and you are yet to get famous! cheers:
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 20:47   #17
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: patiala
Posts: 347
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

thanx friends for your help .

as about the papers of the sisters sponsorship all papers that are required are already submitted. all papers of sponsorship are complete and submitted . the papers submitted are sisters income, copy of her pasport as she is austrian passport holder , her house papers , her resident proof and everthing needed.
harry2223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 20:59   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,854
Thanked: 123 Times
Default

With all these proofs, do not see any reason why you should be denied visa or even your apprehension; that is unless you goof up and say you belong to one of those banned outfits!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2223 View Post
thanx friends for your help .

as about the papers of the sisters sponsorship all papers that are required are already submitted. all papers of sponsorship are complete and submitted . the papers submitted are sisters income, copy of her pasport as she is austrian passport holder , her house papers , her resident proof and everthing needed.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 21:08   #19
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: patiala
Posts: 347
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

they have called for an interview so i suspected about the denial rest of my family has been granted visa. although my father mother are sponsored by the brother in law . i am sponsered by my sis.
harry2223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 21:18   #20
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,385 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Absolutely! Since you have already traveled, there is not much that might want except to verify you are who you say you are! Just carry the offer letter from your current company and when they ask why someone said you do not work there, say the reason - you are new and you are yet to get famous! cheers:
Truer words have never been spoken and the humour might make the day of the interviewer.
It's funny and completely honest. Go for it.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 21:20   #21
BHPian
 
married2speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: gurgaon
Posts: 215
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Just relax

Dude! Take it easy on yourself. The more anxious and desperate you get for the visa and show the officials the same, there's a strong chance of your visa being denied and the embassy is one place, where you can't really argue or say " logic should prevail". It's their .discretion. Having said that, a visa is your right so they can't really refuse a visa untill and unless you've committed a crime here and are running out of this country.

There are a couple of things that you need to take into consideration and if luck is on your side, you'll have the visa.
1. The onus is onto you to prove the officials that you will come back. This is where, a own house, marriage, good bank account deposits come into place. Since you mentioned your sister is sponsoring your trip, the officials will be eager to know if you plan to come back, and this is something you have to prove to them.
2. Is this your first trip abroad? ( This is for my knowledge)
3. What is the purpose of your visit and where would you be staying etc. Who's paying for your trip?( how old are you btw)
This question is most likely to come up during interview. They'll ask you your date of return and would like to see a confirmed return ticket, which would be there in the file.
If you filed your visa through a travel agent, you should contact your travel agent as the Embassy does send back the information to VFS, if it requires any more documents.
Interviews happen in scenarios where there's some documentation missing so try to get the information from the agent. In case the embassy tells you that paper work is missing, tell them that you would have the necessary paper-work brought in tomorrow and the travel-agent did not pass that information onto you.

So, as long as you are able to convince them that you are coming back, you should get the visa.

Cheers!
M2S
married2speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 02:38   #22
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,233
Thanked: 21,895 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2223 View Post
...
i already had visa of austria previously there was no interview and i was given visa...
Ah, ok that is good.

Just make sure that when you submit your passport you attach your old / expired passport(s) as well. I was denied a (US) visa once because i handed over a brand new passport that was only a few weeks old and did not have any visas in it - and i did not attach my old passport.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 02:48   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
kuttapan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,155
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Here is hoping your interview goes fine and you get the visa. You are going to love Austria. Vienna is beautiful....I would like to go there again.
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 03:13   #24
BHPian
 
Jomz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Detroit, MI,USA
Posts: 808
Thanked: 287 Times
Default

I've Been On a Scehgen Visa, ( 2005 ) issued at the Austrian consulate For some work at AVL. That time there was no interview.

But the agent did have a copy of the invitation letter from AVL, Couple of my payslips, Some Form 16's (they asked for 3 years.. I had only 2 years, I lost the latest one) the SARAL tax returns, and the employment letter from my company.

Austrian visa is a cakewalk, Don't worry.
Jomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 08:18   #25
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: patiala
Posts: 347
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

hi friends as i also mentioned earlier this is my second trip to austria. i visited austria three years ago and returned in time and even i was told to report embassy and i did so.
i love the country so want to be there by next sunday .
thanx friends for giving your help and encouraging me.
harry2223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 13:50   #26
BHPian
 
married2speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: gurgaon
Posts: 215
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Just make sure that when you submit your passport you attach your old / expired passport(s) as well. I was denied a (US) visa once because i handed over a brand new passport that was only a few weeks old and did not have any visas in it - and i did not attach my old passport.
Not really required for the following reasons
1. The new passport mentions the old passport number
2. The visa form also asks if you have travelled before along with the details.

However, if this is the reason the US embassy gave you that since you did not attach your old passport we are refusing your visa then

Cheers!
M2S

Quote:
hi friends as i also mentioned earlier this is my second trip to austria. i visited austria three years ago and returned in time and even i was told to report embassy and i did so.
In all probability you should get your visa. The officials just want to see you in person basically just to see who they are giving the visa to. Maybe you looked like a "banned outfit" in your photo . Just kidding mate. Enjoy your visit to Austria and hopefully you come back with some pics of the beauties that you may see on the road.

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th June 2008 at 22:57. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE or the EDIT button.
married2speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 23:06   #27
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,233
Thanked: 21,895 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2speed View Post
Not really required for the following reasons
1. The new passport mentions the old passport number
2. The visa form also asks if you have travelled before along with the details.

However, if this is the reason the US embassy gave you that since you did not attach your old passport we are refusing your visa then
Trust me m2s,

It has happened to some other people i know as well.
The US visa interviewers will never give you a direct reason as to why they refused your visa - they will just give you their standard speech and then you will be asked to leave - no questions will be answered.

Having an old passport number mentioned is not really much of a consolation since they are mostly concerned with what is in it. Sure, there may be forms - but they dont always get read so thoroughly, and its a much more convincing case if all they have to do is flip through the passport(s) and see all the old visas in there.

I went back at the next available interview slot (with both passports attached) and got my visa accepted - no problem.
I received my visa literally 3 hours before my flight

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 23:48   #28
BHPian
 
RedMM340's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: on the move
Posts: 459
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Answer all questions dead honestly and in the detail they ask for. They will want to know where you were and when. Exactly. If there are gaps they will assume you were off with Bin Laden being trained to commit terrorism. Try to have documentation supporting the when and where.

Ha Ha,
Dan you hit the nail on the head. These federal employees are clowns, and assume anyone and everyone wanting a visa to the U.S. is a terrorist, and it is up to the applicant to prove otherwise.
Then there is the fact that most of them are on a big ego trip and get to push their weight around over here. But when the go back home they are just low paid bored federal workers, kinda like the mailman but at a desk job.
RedMM340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 00:44   #29
BHPian
 
married2speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: gurgaon
Posts: 215
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Trust me m2s,

It has happened to some other people i know as well.
I do trust you Rehan but being in the trade, It's not really possible for the embassy to refuse a visa only because one did not attach the old passport. Since they dish out only a limited number of visa's per day, we are made to believe that it for this very reason, or other petty reasons as the case maybe, the visa is being rejected. Come back another day and voilla, they make sure that you leave with a big grin on your face.
The officials may not look for small little issues but this is what VFS is for. If the documentation is missing, they'll have it taken from you before seding it to the embassy although I dare say that Accusing a diplomat on a public portal of being negligent towards his/her job is injurious to health

Au revoir'
M2S

Last edited by married2speed : 26th June 2008 at 00:48.
married2speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 02:34   #30
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,233
Thanked: 21,895 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2speed View Post
....they dish out only a limited number of visa's per day,...
Absolutely agree with you on they fact that they have certain quotas to make m2s.

However, they still do choose who gets the visas that day and who doesnt - so in that context if i had both passports together that day maybe i would have been one of those chosen to receive a visa.

My point is - its just better to be totally prepared as it might save you a lot of time, money and effort.

cheers,
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Planning 15,000 kms, 32 day road-trip (23 States & Bhutan) - Suggestions & advice? Renjith_Mani Route / Travel Queries 27 24th August 2015 16:55
Advice on using a car Body Cover & washing webjunk Technical Stuff 24 17th November 2009 17:42
Hyundai Santro - Sub & Amp advice needed jobinjv In-Car Entertainment 17 7th July 2009 14:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks