Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 8th July 2008, 19:27   #1
BHPian

Thumbs down West style furniture sofa - worst quality & service

I bought a sofa last year. Initially the art leather was not stitched properly was loosely lying around. After calling them many times may be more than 10 and shouted at them, they came and fixed it though it was not proper, I managed with it. Now the Art leather material has become so soft and the top layer was torn off and the 1 year sofa looked ugly. I again called them up and told the quality and they told that they will come and fix it though they give warranty only for the stitches and not for the cloth. I agreed to that and waited for 1 week, they turned up, called them and they assured that they will come in that week. Even after 3 weeks they didn't turn up.

They used to participate in home exhibition like the one happens in Chennai Trade Centre.

First I would not recommend this dealer to buy any goods and secondly I want to raise a Consumer complaint against them as we got so much frustrated by their service and commitments.

Dealer Address:

No 100 A Butt Road, St. Thomas Mount, Chennai 16
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 19:31   #2
BHPian

Whats the dealer name? What was the cost of the sofa? Was the sofa made and sold by the dealer himself ?
Mission_Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 20:47   #3
BHPian

gopinathann,
It must have been a horrible experience for you.
IMHO, any furniture in these showrooms are ridiculously overpriced.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 21:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

Gopi,

What the use of just giving the dealer address??? Do people identify a dealer by the address or by the name!

Buddy, give the name of the dealer!

But, while we are at the issue of furniture's this is my experience with Poonam Furnitures, on the Katiriguppe road (Mysore road). Though their product are having good quality, I would suggest not to pay advance for any item that you might plan to buy. If you see something good available there, pay and take it.

I ended up waiting for 4+ weeks for an order that was promised under 2 weeks. And even then I had to call repeatedly and keep following up. Finally they did deliver, but left a bad taste!
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 21:42   #5
BHPian

The company name is West style. The price was 21K, it seems to be worth when bought and it was comfortable too. Later the cloth got pealed into 2 layers. I had a previous wooden furniture which still looks good even after 10 years but this one had showed its face in 1 year.

I am ready to pay for the new cloth but they are not coming to check and replace it, the service is horrible. Those who want to buy sofa in chennai, never go to this dealer.
Old 8th July 2008, 21:44   #6
BHPian

I even told them that I will go for the consumer court, but still they never turned up.
Old 8th July 2008, 21:47   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I even told them that I will go for the consumer court, but still they never turned up.
If you are anyway going to pay for the cloth and service why do you want to go to dealer again. You can get someone else to just measure the cloth requirement, buy the cloth yourself and spend on the labour alone.
Mission_Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 23:38   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Later the cloth got pealed into 2 layers

This happen to me also the cloth got pealed in to 2 layers this is due to the cheap quality of the material but my dealer replaced it with a new material.
BAKIYA_2K12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 12:51   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
If you are anyway going to pay for the cloth and service why do you want to go to dealer again. You can get someone else to just measure the cloth requirement, buy the cloth yourself and spend on the labour alone.
He was ready to bear the labour and will charge only for the cloth. Anyway now I am not going to go to that dealer again, I will find someone else.

I just want to post my experience here so that you guys can be aware of this dealer. He is doing business not only in chennai but also in bangalore and other locations. He mostly puts his stall in home life style exhibitions. In chennai you can find his stall everytime in "Chennai Trade Centre" hall.
Old 9th July 2008, 15:17   #10
Senior - BHPian

WOW , thats really bad quality. I had got some cane furniture made from a local guy in thippasandra in bangalore in early 2006. Double bed, dining table - glass top 4 chairs, a sofa set 3+2 ,1 center table and 1 bedside table --All inclusive including coushins and covers including transport to my house 20k heh heh heh And I have shifted to del and come back to bangy with all this stuff and it is still going strong

Last edited by sammyboy : 9th July 2008 at 15:18.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 18:10   #11
BHPian

I had a similar experience with JFA-Chennai which finally ended with me getting refund. Had got a baby-cot which was delivered on the date promised but in the night. Since my baby had already slept and the fixed cot would not through the door, I informed the delivery guys I will fit it myself. The next day after fitting all parts saw that there was a crack in the side railings and also two hands marks (somebody had lifted the railings when it was wet).

I complained to the service department but they took their sweet time to come and check the fault. Even after the service guy said it is a manufacturing defect and shouting at the store manager, JFA did not change the cot for a month. Meanwhile got a job in Bangalore and just before coming to Bangalore met the overall stores incharge Mr.Richard.

He promised to change the cot immediatley but I wanted my money back since I had lost confidence in JFA which gave a 5 year warranty but could not help me in the 1st week itself. He assured that he will ensure I will get my money back. In 2 weeks time, he sent me a cheque for the total amount I paid. What I understood was that we need to meet the right guy who can take decisions in situations like this and I was lucky to find Mr.Richard.

Thiyags
thiyags22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2013, 22:02   #12
BHPian

Default Re: West style furniture sofa - worst quality & service

Bit off topic but related. Where can I buy a good corner sofa set in Chennai ? I am looking at one of those L Section sofas and was looking for options in Chennai
joecherian is offline   Reply With Quote