Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 8th February 2017, 14:19   #931
BHPian

Default Re: Parenthood: Sharing the joy, precious moments, learnings and experiences

Good to see such a thread exists

We are doing our bit to keep my 2 year old son away from any kind of screens, so phone and TV is not used in his presence. Would love to know recommendations for any sort of collections, puzzles, books etc. that can be accumulated over time and will keep him engaged. As of now it's mainly mega blocks since we were gifted a set and then purchased 2 more. Also, can't purchase any items that can be swallowed.
avisidhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 14:51   #932
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Parenthood: Sharing the joy, precious moments, learnings and experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Would love to know recommendations for any sort of collections, puzzles, books etc. that can be accumulated over time and will keep him engaged.
Check this out:

http://flintobox.com/

http://flintobox.com/faq

We had subscribed for over a year, and my daughter loved their boxes. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2017, 12:44   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Check this out:

http://flintobox.com/

http://flintobox.com/faq

We had subscribed for over a year, and my daughter loved their boxes. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Vikram
I ordered a three months subscription and received the first box on Friday. My four years old son liked it so much that he finished all four activities in one day.

That kept him away from any type of screens.

The quality of material is top notch. Also, I liked the simplicity of the activities.

Here is a photo of one of the activities:
Attached Thumbnails
Parenthood: Sharing the joy, precious moments, learnings and experiences-img_6480.jpg  

the_skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2017, 13:09   #934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Would love to know recommendations for any sort of collections, puzzles, books etc. that can be accumulated over time and will keep him engaged.
There are small velcro plastic vegetable/fruit cutting toys like this. We bought it when my son was 22 months, 6 months since and he still loves to cut them. We gifted another 3 year old kid at his 2nd birthday and she too loved it. Good exercise for the hands too. You can also teach fruits and vegetables that way.

I'd also recommend buying a kids tent house. We bought one when our daughter was 2 (now is 7) and she entertained herself a lot in it. So did my younger one since he was a crawling baby. They feel its their home . Buy one with a mouth big enough that you or missus can enter, because you'll end up spending time with them there.
narayans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2017, 13:03   #935
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Here's another similar one I have heard of:

http://www.podsquad.in/

Parenthood: Sharing the joy, precious moments, learnings and experiences-screenshot-20170216125937.png
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2017, 23:54   #936
BHPian

Got my daughter her first car on her second birthday! She loves cars (bo-peep) and road trips already. It's tough to keep her away from cars. Here's hoping that one day she'll take me along on a road trip.

getting in all by herself
Parenthood: Sharing the joy, precious moments, learnings and experiences-mcar.jpg

checking out all the gizmos on the dashboard. Yes, it comes with a stop/start button and full featured ICE too!
Parenthood: Sharing the joy, precious moments, learnings and experiences-mcar2.jpg

buckled up and ready to roll
Parenthood: Sharing the joy, precious moments, learnings and experiences-mcar3.jpg
mi2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2017, 21:21   #937
BHPian

It's a bolt Blessed with a cute little baby boy, my first child, on February 19, 2017. It was our first wedding anniversary too! What a precious gift from god.

On paternity leave now. Gathering hands on DIY experience on holding the baby, using wet wipes to clean him, nappy changing and singing lullabies and trying (in vain) putting him to sleep though the sleepless nights.

Nevertheless a Great feeling I must say !

One day I am sure that my son will grow to be a Team-BHPian too
BLACKBLADE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2017, 13:44   #938
BHPian

Can anybody please suggest any good resource for parents of a kid who has just started his process of learning / schooling (Nursery).

As a parent I believe Its my responsibility to understand how any activity task would actually help in his growth / learning.

Also for this weekend holidays, school had given an assignment of filling colors in a picture book. I am not sure if this is a good practice or not so I feel the need to understand more about such things.

Last edited by Vishal.R : 16th July 2017 at 13:53.
Vishal.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2017, 09:33   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal.R View Post
Can anybody please suggest any good resource for parents of a kid who has just started his process of learning / schooling (Nursery).

As a parent I believe Its my responsibility to understand how any activity task would actually help in his growth / learning.
There are a tons of good books available.

You can find some of them in the links below.

Child development books

10 Best Books for Thinking Parents

50 Of The Best Books For Parents
BLACKBLADE is online now   Reply With Quote