Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2016, 19:38   #2206
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,809
Thanked: 1,789 Times
Default Re: The "Jobs available in my organisation" thread

Hi - try the "get started" link on that page. I show a total of 54 job openings (which really doesn't sound like much but most if not all these are for reasonably senior positions)

This link might work to take you directly to the job listing - else feel free to pm me. https://jobs.apple.com/in/search?#&t...&lo=0*IND&pN=0

Last edited by hserus : 28th July 2016 at 19:46. Reason: edited # of job postings some new ones seem to be posted
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2016, 20:51   #2207
BHPian
 
petrol_power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Bangalore/TVM
Posts: 166
Thanked: 154 Times
Default Re: The "Jobs available in my organisation" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Some openings in C#, .Net, Core Java.
Please refer to the attached document for more details.
I also work in Philips Manyata. We can meet if you are free some time
petrol_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2016, 00:03   #2208
BHPian
 
petrol_power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Bangalore/TVM
Posts: 166
Thanked: 154 Times
Default Re: The "Jobs available in my organisation" thread

This is an off-topic one, but would really love to get the right advice. How is Business Transformation profile in current industry situation. (I guess BT is similar to Management consultancy, the only difference being in BT, we do it for the same company, and MC is done by various consultancy firms to other companies, eg Delloite, E&Y, etc.)(pl correct me if I am wrong)

How is BT/management consultancy firms doing these days? Is it still growing and has the potential like it used to have earlier?

How is BT or any private job compared to govt. public sector jobs. I know that government can't provide a very high salary, but central government and public sectors provide a decent package with a very important advantage - stability, at the times of rescission or even an earth quake. Does government job salary also increase decently on a longer run?
petrol_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2016, 11:31   #2209
BHPian
 
hothatchaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 508
Thanked: 509 Times
Default Re: The "Jobs available in my organisation" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
This is an off-topic one, but would really love to get the right advice. How is Business Transformation profile in current industry situation. (I guess BT is similar to Management consultancy, the only difference being in BT, we do it for the same company, and MC is done by various consultancy firms to other companies, eg Delloite, E&Y, etc.)(pl correct me if I am wrong)
Business transformation roles usually have a significant element of process improvement, efficiency measures etc as part of the role. Management consulting is a bigger catch all term which includes other competencies in addition to BT



Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
How is BT or any private job compared to govt. public sector jobs. I know that government can't provide a very high salary, but central government and public sectors provide a decent package with a very important advantage - stability, at the times of rescission or even an earth quake. Does government job salary also increase decently on a longer run?
I think you said it yourself, private sector jobs are increasingly about what skills you have, how are they relevant to the company and whether you are delivering. Job security is a thing of the past especially in high tech. Salaries in the govt sector have improved by leaps and bounds and at the entry level, its competitive with the private sector. However do not expect astronomical packages at the senior level that one sees in the pvt sector
hothatchaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2016, 12:54   #2210
BHPian
 
petrol_power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Bangalore/TVM
Posts: 166
Thanked: 154 Times
Default Re: The "Jobs available in my organisation" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Business transformation roles usually have a significant element of process improvement, efficiency measures etc as part of the role. Management consulting is a bigger catch all term which includes other competencies in addition to BT


However do not expect astronomical packages at the senior level that one sees in the pvt sector
Thank you for the details. So BT is just a function/part of Management consulting? I was into sales, marketing earlier and recently shifted to BT role (As you told, in BT I am mostly into process improvement, change management, project management, etc,) also at the same time I got a government job (public sector). So my worry is that I don't know the future scope for BT. I thought I can move to management consulting (As When I searched for BT managers in naukri.com, I could find very less opportunities, but there were more opportunities for management consulting and I dont know which other roles can be tried if I am in BT role) , but it seems MC is very high level and moving from BT to MC will be difficult?

Kindly provide any information you have regarding BT. Does all companies have BT role? I am very much worried that, in case in future, something goes wrong to my job, I should get enough vacancies as otherwise I will regret deeply my decision not to join government job.

Last edited by petrol_power : 1st August 2016 at 12:57.
petrol_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2016, 23:39   #2211
Senior - BHPian
 
adimicra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,558
Thanked: 1,057 Times
Default Re: The "Jobs available in my organisation" thread

Anyone has experience at amazon?
I have heard lots of scary stories about terrible work pressure causing burn-out and leading people to quit.
Also, does Amazon fire people pretty soon because of relatively poor performance?
adimicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2016, 23:56   #2212
BHPian
 
redcruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 218
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

Any one working in SAP labs bangalore please let me know. One of my friend wants to apply.
redcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2016, 12:42   #2213
BHPian
 
shifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 392
Thanked: 349 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Anyone has experience at amazon?
I have heard lots of scary stories about terrible work pressure causing burn-out and leading people to quit.
Also, does Amazon fire people pretty soon because of relatively poor performance?
I have also heard of such stories and do not have a first hand experience. But a colleague of mine had joined Amazon's Hyd office about a year back. He promptly joined us back after a year there, presumably because of the culture there.
shifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2016, 10:17   #2214
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,809
Thanked: 1,789 Times
Default Re: The "Jobs available in my organisation" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I have also heard of such stories and do not have a first hand experience. But a colleague of mine had joined Amazon's Hyd office about a year back. He promptly joined us back after a year there, presumably because of the culture there.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/te...lace.html?_r=0

Of course there are plenty of followup articles from Amazon C level / HR folks in fortune etc that disagree with the article. And I do know people who have been at Amazon for several years.

So I suppose this is one of those places that isn't very tolerant of failure in a pressure cooker type atmosphere, but does reward achievers, substantially.

Last edited by hserus : 28th August 2016 at 10:18.
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2016, 23:17   #2215
Senior - BHPian
 
adimicra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,558
Thanked: 1,057 Times
Default Re: The "Jobs available in my organisation" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/te...lace.html?_r=0

Of course there are plenty of followup articles from Amazon C level / HR folks in fortune etc that disagree with the article. And I do know people who have been at Amazon for several years.

So I suppose this is one of those places that isn't very tolerant of failure in a pressure cooker type atmosphere, but does reward achievers, substantially.
Thanks, guys.
I am trying to collect as much information as possible and I am getting varying feedback..it seems some people do enjoy the work pressure and thrive whereas some find it too hot to handle and quit. But, everyone agrees that it is a pressure cooker environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I have also heard of such stories and do not have a first hand experience. But a colleague of mine had joined Amazon's Hyd office about a year back. He promptly joined us back after a year there, presumably because of the culture there.
One problem I foresee if you join Amazon and then decide to quit after a year or so - which companies will pay you that much? I don't think there are many. I am not sure where you work and may be your company is one of the few who can pay similar or more

Last edited by adimicra : 28th August 2016 at 23:20.
adimicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 07:42   #2216
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,809
Thanked: 1,789 Times
Default Re: The "Jobs available in my organisation" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
One problem I foresee if you join Amazon and then decide to quit after a year or so - which companies will pay you that much? I don't think there are many. I am not sure where you work and may be your company is one of the few who can pay similar or more
Apple is hiring. If you have skills that interest Amazon (storage with unix/linux, full stack dev etc) I am sure we have something available. 5-8 years exp at a minimum though.

Decent salary, a discount on buying Apple stocks through ESPP - and since end 2015, RSUs for all employees.

http://www.apple.com/jobs/in

And Apple stock - https://in.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=AAPL

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th September 2016 at 02:10. Reason: Strictly no referrals please. Post it here openly if you wish to else do not ask to 'PM for referral'. Thanks!
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 08:33   #2217
BHPian
 
ank.nsit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 385
Thanked: 157 Times
Default Re: The "Jobs available in my organisation" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Apple is hiring...
How is the work culture at Apple? Is it any better than Amazon?

From what I gather is that all these Top tier companies like Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Apple have a very bad high pressure work culture.
ank.nsit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 09:41   #2218
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,809
Thanked: 1,789 Times
Default Re: The "Jobs available in my organisation" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
How is the work culture at Apple? Is it any better than Amazon?

From what I gather is that all these Top tier companies like Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Apple have a very bad high pressure work culture.
Well let us put it this way, at least in Apple, you generally wind up under managers who know more than you do, and are not afraid to work just as hard as you do. Pressure cooker or not, your manager has your back, and he is in the exact same cooker as you are.

I haven't worked in the other companies that you mention so no further comment.
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 10:59   #2219
BHPian
 
shifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 392
Thanked: 349 Times
Default Re: The "Jobs available in my organisation" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
One problem I foresee if you join Amazon and then decide to quit after a year or so - which companies will pay you that much? I don't think there are many. I am not sure where you work and may be your company is one of the few who can pay similar or more
Ha ha! No, I don't work for a company that pays like Amazon does. But I guess a bruised ego and less pay (than Amazon, but might be more than what he/she was earning previously here) must be part of the package .
shifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 16:04   #2220
Senior - BHPian
 
adimicra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,558
Thanked: 1,057 Times
Default Re: The "Jobs available in my organisation" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Apple is hiring. If you have skills that interest Amazon (storage with unix/linux, full stack dev etc) I am sure we have something available. 5-8 years exp at a minimum though.

Decent salary, a discount on buying Apple stocks through ESPP - and since end 2015, RSUs for all employees.

http://www.apple.com/jobs/in

And Apple stock - https://in.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=AAPL

PM me if you need a referral.
Thanks, I had a look but did not find anything for my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Ha ha! No, I don't work for a company that pays like Amazon does. But I guess a bruised ego and less pay (than Amazon, but might be more than what he/she was earning previously here) must be part of the package .
I do understand; nothing is worse than a bruised ego. Better to keep ego in check
adimicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
Whats the difference between an Organisation, Company, Firm and an Institute? akash_m Shifting gears 10 6th November 2008 13:07


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks