Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 10th April 2017, 19:49   #511
BHPian

Default Problem with IDBI bank netbanking

Hi guys,

I have this peculiar problem with netbanking at the IDBI bank. I've more than one SB account (at different cities), one of which is for meeting all my everyday banking requirements (including netbanking transactions, -- if I can have it, that is). The problem is, I do not want any netbanking transaction access to any of my other accounts with them, -- only to this one particular account alone. But the bank, in their infinite wisdom, has this very peculiar system of allowing netbanking transaction facility not to a specific account, but to all accounts spanning a Customer ID (i.e. it will expose all accounts under that same Customer ID, and not just the one specific one as per my need)! I will not have it this way for security reasons. So I have to go to some other bank(s) just to meet all my netbanking transaction requirements!

My question is, have other banks already seen the light, and so meet this very basic requirement of providing account-specific netbanking access? Funnily, IDBI bank does allow account-specific access to debit cards (so I have that)! I wonder what stops them from extending the same basic security feature to netbanking as well !
meerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2017, 19:11   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
Hi guys,

I have this peculiar problem with netbanking at the IDBI bank

IDBI bank offers selective net banking account access under single customer ID only to corporate entities viz. partnership firms, companies etc. For retail i.e. individual account holders there is no such facility, you either have only view access or full online transaction rights to all your accounts. Though this is meant to be convenient for the user, there may cases like yours where selective access option could be given.
Pequod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2017, 19:44   #513
BHPian

Default Re: Which bank to open an account in?

Thanks. Any idea about other banks? I believe IDBI bank can be prodded into seeing reason only if the competition have already done so!
meerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2017, 11:43   #514
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Which bank to open an account in?

Anyone tried linking kids accounts to parents' in ICICI? In HDFC it happens by default on the parent/guardian's online account.

The branch and phone banking seem clueless and seem interested in passing the ball There is no service request for this purpose either.

With the parent and 2 kids mapped to same mobile number. iMobile shows up one of the kids accounts, not the other 2 .

Any ideas?
narayans80 is offline   Reply With Quote