Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2011, 23:09   #151
BHPian
 
thelightening's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 262
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Tatkaal application for passport

Filled in the application online and fixed an appointmet with Cochin RPO for june first week. This is for my wife's passport renewal (for adding me as SPOUSE) and a fresh passport for my 5 month old baby.

We don't have the option of selecting normal or tatkal on online appointments. I hope when we walk in we need to inform them. But how to do the payment (Rs1000 + Rs 1500)?

I got appoint for 9 am for my baby and 9.30am for my wife on the same day. I dont know whether I can file both the cases on the same day, since SPOUSE name is mandatory for Baby's passport.

Passport renewal can be done using TATKAL? What all extra documents and annexure's we need for supporting this tatkal renewal process?
thelightening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 23:38   #152
BHPian
 
amolpol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 499
Thanked: 1,287 Times
Default Re: Tatkaal application for passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.iitm View Post
Guys, anyone in Bangalore got the passport through 'Tatkal' recently?
Could anyone plz advise me in getting the Annexure I and Annexure F (if you can let me know the notary office where you would have done these Annexure's then it would be great)?

Thanks
Walk into Mayo Hall compound opposite Bangalore Central on residency road and you'll have enough number of people to help out with the annexures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Filled in the application online and fixed an appointmet with Cochin RPO for june first week. This is for my wife's passport renewal (for adding me as SPOUSE) and a fresh passport for my 5 month old baby.

We don't have the option of selecting normal or tatkal on online appointments. I hope when we walk in we need to inform them. But how to do the payment (Rs1000 + Rs 1500)?

I got appoint for 9 am for my baby and 9.30am for my wife on the same day. I dont know whether I can file both the cases on the same day, since SPOUSE name is mandatory for Baby's passport.

Passport renewal can be done using TATKAL? What all extra documents and annexure's we need for supporting this tatkal renewal process?
Dont worry about the Tatkal change, you'll be able to do it while at the passport office. They'll be more than happy to collect the extra premium for tatkal applications.

Even though your baby's appointment is earlier, you'll first need to submit your wife's application and get the file no. so that you can use it in the baby's application. The passport guys should be able to accomodate this change and you needn't worry. Also, you can check for special priveleges for parents with a baby etc, they have an preferential service in such situations to avoid inconvenience.

I'm hoping you have some strong connection with an IAS/IPS grade officer in Kottayam who can swear on his name that your wife stays at the address mentioned in the application. This is since the verification certificate usually is like a liability of the officer who signs it and they're very careful in doing it unless they know you personally or you have approached them through someone who knows them well . You will need the ANnexure I on a notarized stamp paper and the verification certificate. Keep in mind, there will be a police verification that happens for all the lesser mortals after the passport is issued in Tatkal so you'll need to be there for it since you need to submit documents at the police station and sign things.

Phew! Having done 3 passports in the last 6 months is making me feel like a veteran in passport issues
amolpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 23:49   #153
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ghaziabad/Hyderabad/Mysore
Posts: 1,416
Thanked: 313 Times
Default Re: Tatkaal application for passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Filled in the application online and fixed an appointmet with Cochin RPO for june first week. This is for my wife's passport renewal (for adding me as SPOUSE) and a fresh passport for my 5 month old baby.

We don't have the option of selecting normal or tatkal on online appointments. I hope when we walk in we need to inform them. But how to do the payment (Rs1000 + Rs 1500)?

I got appoint for 9 am for my baby and 9.30am for my wife on the same day. I dont know whether I can file both the cases on the same day, since SPOUSE name is mandatory for Baby's passport.

Passport renewal can be done using TATKAL? What all extra documents and annexure's we need for supporting this tatkal renewal process?
The process is same as normal application, only things extra are the Tatkal documents (the introduction from a gazetted officer etc.).
vina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011, 12:45   #154
BHPian
 
thelightening's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 262
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Tatkaal application for passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolpol View Post
Walk into Mayo Hall compound opposite Bangalore Central on residency road and you'll have enough number of people to help out with the annexures.



Dont worry about the Tatkal change, you'll be able to do it while at the passport office. They'll be more than happy to collect the extra premium for tatkal applications.

Even though your baby's appointment is earlier, you'll first need to submit your wife's application and get the file no. so that you can use it in the baby's application. The passport guys should be able to accomodate this change and you needn't worry. Also, you can check for special priveleges for parents with a baby etc, they have an preferential service in such situations to avoid inconvenience.

I'm hoping you have some strong connection with an IAS/IPS grade officer in Kottayam who can swear on his name that your wife stays at the address mentioned in the application. This is since the verification certificate usually is like a liability of the officer who signs it and they're very careful in doing it unless they know you personally or you have approached them through someone who knows them well . You will need the ANnexure I on a notarized stamp paper and the verification certificate. Keep in mind, there will be a police verification that happens for all the lesser mortals after the passport is issued in Tatkal so you'll need to be there for it since you need to submit documents at the police station and sign things.

Phew! Having done 3 passports in the last 6 months is making me feel like a veteran in passport issues

So you mean, once we apply passport, then we need to stay at home for all these things?

Previously what I have did is a constable came home to en-quire about me and then my mother said, i am staying there only, but went to school. This technique wont work out ????
thelightening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011, 17:02   #155
BHPian
 
amolpol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 499
Thanked: 1,287 Times
Default Re: Tatkaal application for passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
So you mean, once we apply passport, then we need to stay at home for all these things?

Previously what I have did is a constable came home to en-quire about me and then my mother said, i am staying there only, but went to school. This technique wont work out ????
The expectation is that they will be able to find you at the residence, if not you will be asked to report at the police station with all relevant documents. I dont think they will be satisfied if someone says they've gone out for lunch etc.

In our case, someone came home and enquired with the neighbors and then called up on the cell phone to ask us to report to the police station with detailed documents. Even at the police station, they were very prompt in asking questions which was quite reassuring that the process was being followed and it wasnt just a formality.

Another thing I noticed this time was, the postman refused to handover the passport to my wife since I had gone out while he came. Surprisingly, he offered to wait for 10 mins for my return. I'm sure this would have been the process even earlier but I was surprised at his persistence in delivering the package to the right individual. I guess if you're not at home, they would return the passport to the post office after which it will be returned back to the passport office. Not sure how long the post office guys hold on to the passport since its a sensitive document.
amolpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 00:31   #156
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ghaziabad/Hyderabad/Mysore
Posts: 1,416
Thanked: 313 Times
Default Re: Tatkaal application for passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolpol View Post
The expectation is that they will be able to find you at the residence, if not you will be asked to report at the police station with all relevant documents. I dont think they will be satisfied if someone says they've gone out for lunch etc.

In our case, someone came home and enquired with the neighbors and then called up on the cell phone to ask us to report to the police station with detailed documents. Even at the police station, they were very prompt in asking questions which was quite reassuring that the process was being followed and it wasnt just a formality.

Another thing I noticed this time was, the postman refused to handover the passport to my wife since I had gone out while he came. Surprisingly, he offered to wait for 10 mins for my return. I'm sure this would have been the process even earlier but I was surprised at his persistence in delivering the package to the right individual. I guess if you're not at home, they would return the passport to the post office after which it will be returned back to the passport office. Not sure how long the post office guys hold on to the passport since its a sensitive document.
Last year I applied for renewal of my and my wife's passport - both under Tatkal. My address had changed, though within Ghaziabad, while my wife's earlier passport was in Mysore.

We were given passports (10yrs each) within days, but a week later the policeman came to inquire about me. By that time we were not in town - and that is what my parents told the guy - that I had left the country already. He did the other formalities (neighbours' signatures, parents' statements, ... and his demanding his customary Rs. 500, which my father refused to pay so our man negotiated till my sister had mercy and gave him Rs. 100) and went.

Surprisingly my wife's details were never inquired into, neither in Mysore now in Ghaziabad, even though her address had changed, her RPO had changed and also her passport had expired 8 months before she reapplied (mine still had a few months left)


My suggestion is to go for a Tatkal passport if staying at the place will be a problem - once they have issued the passport, your parents (or whoever is at the address you have mentioned) can credibly claim that you have taken off for a few months abroad and then the guy will have to write just that in his report.
vina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 13:59   #157
BHPian
 
thelightening's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 262
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Tatkaal application for passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Last year I applied for renewal of my and my wife's passport - both under Tatkal. My address had changed, though within Ghaziabad, while my wife's earlier passport was in Mysore.

We were given passports (10yrs each) within days, but a week later the policeman came to inquire about me. By that time we were not in town - and that is what my parents told the guy - that I had left the country already. He did the other formalities (neighbours' signatures, parents' statements, ... and his demanding his customary Rs. 500, which my father refused to pay so our man negotiated till my sister had mercy and gave him Rs. 100) and went.

Surprisingly my wife's details were never inquired into, neither in Mysore now in Ghaziabad, even though her address had changed, her RPO had changed and also her passport had expired 8 months before she reapplied (mine still had a few months left)


My suggestion is to go for a Tatkal passport if staying at the place will be a problem - once they have issued the passport, your parents (or whoever is at the address you have mentioned) can credibly claim that you have taken off for a few months abroad and then the guy will have to write just that in his report.

Vina, Thanks for those words.. can u pls tell me the documents you have submitted for the full process?

I have only our marriage certificate as address proof for my wife. Heard that the marriage certificate and my passport front page is enough for my wife's passport address change... true?

Last edited by thelightening : 15th May 2011 at 14:00.
thelightening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 14:39   #158
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ghaziabad/Hyderabad/Mysore
Posts: 1,416
Thanked: 313 Times
Default Re: Tatkaal application for passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Vina, Thanks for those words.. can u pls tell me the documents you have submitted for the full process?

I have only our marriage certificate as address proof for my wife. Heard that the marriage certificate and my passport front page is enough for my wife's passport address change... true?
These guys asked for an affidavit from my wife as well as me (the language of the affidavit was prescribed by the RPO - in fact the notaries at the court already had the thing ready, just filled our names and addresses).

Also to get around the proof of address problem I got my wife's name added to the Oriental Bank of Commerce account I had there. Two days later got a statement of account

This was just a precaution - I don't think it was required. If you are recently married you can mention that and provide the proof of previous address.
vina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 11:42   #159
BHPian
 
kanuj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Noida
Posts: 80
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Tatkaal application for passport

I'm about to apply for a tatkal passport myself, and I'm running into difficulties with obtaining the dreaded verification form signed by an authority. Is it true that the person signing the annexure 'F' has to be from the same jurisdiction of the person applying? I mean since I'm applying from Ghaziabad, the person that should sign the annexure 'F' should be from Ghaziabad as well?
kanuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 12:07   #160
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ghaziabad/Hyderabad/Mysore
Posts: 1,416
Thanked: 313 Times
Default Re: Tatkaal application for passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuj View Post
I'm about to apply for a tatkal passport myself, and I'm running into difficulties with obtaining the dreaded verification form signed by an authority. Is it true that the person signing the annexure 'F' has to be from the same jurisdiction of the person applying? I mean since I'm applying from Ghaziabad, the person that should sign the annexure 'F' should be from Ghaziabad as well?
He can be from NCR. Basically the guy should be able to credibly claim to know you well - the credibility of such claims will be decided by the passport officer who will interview you for Tatkal application.

If you are in the same city he can claim you are a neighbour, if you got to your MP he can claim you are a constituent and hence he knows you ...


Also Annexure F has to be on the official letterhead of the person signing it - two originals required. You'll have to sign them as well.

Ghaziabad passport office also required some affidavit (go to the DM office in Raj Nagar, the notaries sitting outside will do it for Rs. 50)
vina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2011, 23:14   #161
BHPian
 
thelightening's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 262
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Tatkaal application for passport

Hi Guys, I have sucessfully applied for passport for my wife as well as for my 5 months old baby today morning. Would like to share the experience in detail :

Location: Cochin passport office

My, my father, mother, wife and baby started early morning by 5am to cochin from my place kottayam (65kms away). We reached the cochin passport office by 6.30am and found some agents here and there and was asking whether I need help in arranging the files and papers.

Since I was curios to see the queue status, I just avoided them and walked in to the office and surprised to see around 50 members before me in the queue for collecting tokens. (note: appointment is not honored here and everything is driven by token nos). I have asked my father to stand there in the queue for while and rushed to an agent to get the files arranged.

Agent was an old guy and he helped me to arrange everything and wrapped minor passport forms in green color paper and wife forms in yellow paper. By this time it was 7.30am and my father ringed me to come fast for collecting the token.

When i reached there, i was surprised to see that the security has asked all those parents who got babies less than one year to come forward separately to collect the tokens. So we got token no 3, ie, 603 and the security advised us to come to counter no1 at right 9.30am. So we all went for having our breakfast and back by 8.30 and started waiting there..

At right 9.30am, announcement came through speakers that token nos from 1-50 to go inside the office and there was a sudden rush by our people to get inside without considering the the token nos issued. So I also went inside somehow with my wife and baby.

Security came inside now again and asked us, who got token nos starting with 600 to form an another queue at counter no1. I was third here and waited.. Here also we were forced to say others to move behind , since I am having token no 603.

After 3 min we reached the counter and gave the forms to the officer, she verified it by comparing with the originals and asked us some changes. Here is where I started struggling. First was my wife's forms, I went outside searching for photostast and to get the papers copied and filed. This happened almost 3 times for me due to simple reasons like

1. ECNR page copy is not there with the proof kept inside the file
2. Need a letter stating to split my full name to first name and surname, for this I need
a plain white paper.
3. Need to keep an another copy of marriage certificate ,even after keeping 2 copies
4. Self attest all the copies of proof attached.

after all the 4 changes they approved wife's passport forms and now are on my babies forms;

The change requested on this was the huge one with the highest impact for me.. while filling the online form, I have given the district name alone in the column "place of birth", it was suppose to be the same as that of my babies birth certificate. Passport officer asked me to go and refill the form online again and come back.

I ran outside and saw a lot of agents, out of which some got computers and printers setup on footpaths. I went there and and refilled the form again, re-arranged, took again the thumb impression from baby and ran back. Luckily the counter no 1 was almost free..since it was for old citizens and babies. It was around 11.20am now.

I again submitted babies file and she verified everything and said..where is the old form where the token no was updated by the token counter guy at 7.30am. The agent missed this and the new forms, which is newly printed now dont have the no. I rushed back to that token counter and he said he can re-write on my new form, since I dont have any proof that I was issued token no 603 in the morning.

Somehow I begged and convinced him and got this re-written on the new form again and went to the passport officer again.This time she approved and asked me to submit both forms at counter no 3 and pay 1600Rs (Rs1000 for wifes passport renewal, Rs 600 for baby). This is when a cool breeze I felt inside my heart and paid the fee, collected the canceled passport and receipts. now its 12:00pm and the regular crowd inside is from token no 100-150

Note: since I was applying my wifes passport with my address then her previous address, agent said Tatkal facility will be difficult. So applied on regular channel.

Documents kept:

1. Wifes passport requirement
1.1 split the name to first name and surname ( a self written signed letter)
1.2 to include spouse name ( our marriage certificate and my passport copy)
1.3 to change the address to my address ( again the same marriage certificate and
my passport copy was enough)

2. Babies passport
2.1 (both my passport copy and wifes passport copy and all my babies thumb
impression needs to be couter signed by father or mother)
2.2 ( An annexure I to convey that both father and mother is taking the
responsibility of the baby)

So I have now got the dispatch date as 10th for my wifes passport and 14th as my babies passport, hope even police verification may complete in b/w.

So I hope this detailed experience will help u all... waiting for the passports to get delivered at our address...
thelightening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2011, 23:30   #162
BHPian
 
kanuj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Noida
Posts: 80
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Tatkaal application for passport

Finally got my Tatkaal application submitted as well. My uncle works in the MEA in Delhi so I did'nt even have to drop in at the Ghaziabad passport office. Funny how things work when you know the *right* people
kanuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2011, 00:03   #163
BHPian
 
thelightening's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 262
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Tatkaal application for passport

any idea how to check the status of passport.. when i tried throught passport.gov.in , the file no in my receipt got one digit extra than the columns... :(
thelightening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 18:28   #164
Senior - BHPian
 
EssYouWe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 1,392
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Tatkaal application for passport

Okay I need some help guys.

I am starting my post-grad studies from the 19th of June (this month). And need to get my passport made to be eligible for exchange programs.
I will reach Delhi on the 9th and that is the earliest I can go to the passport office.

Now, since I will be moving to Lucknow on the 19th, can I get my passport made under the tatkal scheme? Do they really give it to you in a week?

By when can I expect the police verification to happen? Do they do the verification after issuing the passport (wouldn't it be pointless?)? In case I have already left Delhi by then, what happens to my passport?

In case I am able to furnish the 3 id proofs listed here, I will only need to furnish this affidavit extra, right?

Thanks!
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 18:54   #165
Senior - BHPian
 
EssYouWe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 1,392
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Tatkaal application for passport

I hate bumping up threads again, but can someone guide me here? Is there any way to get the police verification process expedited?
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Passport Expired in US bkishore_77 Shifting gears 21 27th May 2011 13:40
Passport name queries BenjiRoss Shifting gears 6 27th April 2010 23:52
Urgent - Passport lost in different state DCEite Shifting gears 5 11th March 2010 23:47
Found one Dutch Passport on Street- What to do? Ym-enjn Shifting gears 49 18th January 2009 13:01
Passport Details : Not Secret haryan Shifting gears 13 22nd January 2006 00:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:39.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks