Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 3rd August 2009, 14:29   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
which broadband service is available in HSR sector 1
I have tried Reliance and airtel both do not have connectivity in that region.
Rekiance Wi max had increased tariff recently.
Please help
Hathway should be available. But they are not very good - frequent service outages are a norm (been especially bad over the past week or so)
CrackedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2009, 14:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

I m Using BSNL Broadband (now HOME UL 750 Plus)from past 1 year and i m happy with it. No problem what so ever till date.
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 10:29   #18
BHPian

thanks for the reply guys , i think i'll have to go with BSNL only.
how much time to they take usually to give a new connection?
how many forms/docs etc need to be submitted?
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 10:37   #19
BHPian

I had downtime with BSNL. In the last 3 months, it worked for a month. Rest of the time it was down due to a reasons called non-payment of bribe and the telephone exchange not giving a rat's behind. Escalated the issues up the "corridor of power" and finally reached the GM's office. Things are looking better now. The linemen now come home at the slightest mention of the word "problem".

Other than that, BSNL is good. Airtel is probably the best, as others have mentioned. Whatever you do, stay away from reliance and tata broadband/wimax, if you want a reliable connection
ak916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 19:22   #20
BHPian

finally got tataindicom wimax connection 384 kbps during the day 1.5 mbps int he night and sunday.
1200 rs per month if you pay months in advance no installation no deposit and 1 month free .got the connection with 48 hours of application
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 14:33   #21
BHPian

Hi guys,
need some quick help here. I had planned to take Airtel's broadband net connection last week since i have been hearing that it is probably india's best broadband service, but to my dismay the guys who surveyed the feasiblity in my location told me that they wouldnt be able to provide the connection since its not feasible. I stay close to Ejipura bus stop and they tell me that the service is only available at 100 mts radius from the stop. My house pbbly is around 200-300 mts radius. But my Point is considering that Airtel is such a popular option, i find it pretty surprising that they arent able to serve such a dense population as Ejipura which is such a huge residential area with a whole of of techies. What is that it is involved in extending the coverage. Would talking to the customer service help in them extending the service to cover a higher radius. Any mail ids of senior airtel executive whom i can drop in a mail to highlight the issue ?

I am keen on Airtel since my friends have been all of praise for the service, but in case Airtel is not possible then what are my other best options and please let me know any numbers to contact or centres where i can go about getting my connection.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2012, 17:20   #22
BHPian

Default Re: Broadband Availibility - Bangalore

Waking up an old thread here.

I have just moved to Marathahalli, Bangalore. Which is the best Internet Service Provider in this area? I doubt Airtel has a cable running to my society as its just 80% complete. Any other reliable local Internet Service provider in this area? Do Beam, Tikona and the likes serve in this area?

MaSh
mashmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2012, 12:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

Beam is not there in Bangalore. I checked out Act but they did not have coverage in my area. They have the same fiber optic board band as beam. You can check that out.
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2012, 13:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

As long as you have a good wiring in your house and the line is noise free, you can go for BSNL. I am happy with BSNL from five years. Except a month back the line was very noisy and the internet was very unstable. When the wiring was examined, the conductor had burnt and after replacing the entire wiring, now its back to normal.
audioholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2012, 14:53   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Beam is not there in Bangalore. I checked out Act but they did not have coverage in my area. They have the same fiber optic board band as beam. You can check that out.
Yes I called them up and they do not have coverage in Marathahalli. I am going to try out a local ISP, Karawali Internet. They seem to be the only ones having coverage. They also provide cable tv service. What concerns me, is that they do not have a website, no way of online payment, etc. Have to go to their office to make payments.

Would they be reliable and can I have peace of mind that my connection is not being monitored in any way by them?

They have 128kbps, 322kbps and 512kbps. 512kbps costs 600/-. Will get it installed coming weekend and update my thoughts about it.

MaSh

Last edited by mashmash : 26th September 2012 at 14:54.
Old 26th September 2012, 15:13   #26
BHPian

You might want to check out Hathway Broadband if they have coverage around Marathahalli.

Their cable TV service is quite reliable and they are also responsive to support calls, so I guess their broadband service will also be equally good.
Kairalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2012, 15:34   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairalee View Post
You might want to check out Hathway Broadband if they have coverage around Marathahalli.

Their cable TV service is quite reliable and they are also responsive to support calls, so I guess their broadband service will also be equally good.
Thank You, I just called their customer care, gave my contact info and was told that I would be called by their executive. Below is the Bangalore contact number for Hathway.

BANGALORE:
Shree Complex, 4th Floor, 73, St.Johns Road, Bangalore-560042.
Tel : 080-41228955/56/57

Last edited by mashmash : 26th September 2012 at 15:42.
Old 26th September 2012, 22:33   #28
BHPian

In order:
(1) Act (if available)
else
(2) Airtel
else
(3) BSNL
else
(4) Seriously, move to some other location. Hathway etc are horrible. Also, I would totally avoid anything Reliance and Tata makes.
Caveat: I have never tried "You"
e1t1bet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2012, 09:52   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Thank You, I just called their customer care, gave my contact info and was told that I would be called by their executive. Below is the Bangalore contact number for Hathway.

BANGALORE:
Shree Complex, 4th Floor, 73, St.Johns Road, Bangalore-560042.
Tel : 080-41228955/56/57
Please avoid Hathway. They are probably one of the worst ISPs around. Have lived through their nightmare till Airtel decided to lay their cable.
I would recommend BSNL. Keep the linesman/junior engineer in good spirits and you will not have many issues.
zoombiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2012, 11:43   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1t1bet View Post
In order:
(1) Act (if available)
else
(2) Airtel
else
(3) BSNL
else
(4) Seriously, move to some other location. Hathway etc are horrible. Also, I would totally avoid anything Reliance and Tata makes.
Caveat: I have never tried "You"
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
Please avoid Hathway. They are probably one of the worst ISPs around. Have lived through their nightmare till Airtel decided to lay their cable.
I would recommend BSNL. Keep the linesman/junior engineer in good spirits and you will not have many issues.
Hmmm alright. Did give BSNL a try. It took me to an inquiry form. On submitting it, got the below. Looks like Karawali is the only way out for now.

I am surprised Airtel has no coverage in the area. Any clue if lack of coverage is due to the Old Airport at close proximity?
Attached Thumbnails
Broadband Availibility - Bangalore-bsnl.jpg  

Last edited by mashmash : 27th September 2012 at 11:50.