Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 30th September 2008, 21:18   #16
BHPian

Hi Guys,

My 1.3 MJD is scheduled for delivery on Saturday, October 4th. However, the dealer tells me that it won't be possible since RTO is closed on October 2nd on account of national holiday, and hence delaying delivery.

The dealer is located in Chembur and my residence is in Navi Mumbai. I know there is a check naka before the Vashi bridge. Would it be possible to take the car home on temp registration & delivery note? Do I risk getting challaned for having no registration?

Mumbai tbhpians, have you any of you (or your friends) got a temp registered vehicle from Mumbai to Navi Mumbai or vice versa?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
DueLLeR
DueLLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 22:37   #17
BHPian

why not on 3rd october.dont know about MUMBAI ,but in delhi you cannot get a delhi temp no.if you want the book car in delhi only,it is given if the registration has to be done in some other state
ankit.jhamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 22:41   #18
BHPian

I think you can run on a temporary number on a proper number plate. Keep the essential papers with you.I dont think it should be a problem.
noidaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2008, 15:23   #19

Keep the octroi paid receipt in hand or you might be in lot of hassle.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR View Post
Hi Guys,

My 1.3 MJD is scheduled for delivery on Saturday, October 4th. However, the dealer tells me that it won't be possible since RTO is closed on October 2nd on account of national holiday, and hence delaying delivery.

Mumbai tbhpians, have you any of you (or your friends) got a temp registered vehicle from Mumbai to Navi Mumbai or vice versa?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
DueLLeR
FaeLLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2008, 18:27   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeLLe View Post
Keep the octroi paid receipt in hand or you might be in lot of hassle.......
Thanks, FaeLLe. My car is being registered in Vashi (MH-43), which is a octroi free zone. I won't have an octroi reciept at any time.

I spoke to the dealer and he was giving me bull about showroom policy of not delivering the car before registration. He says he would be able to deliver the car only after getting the Tax reciept from RTO, i.e. after registration is complete. I'm planning to argue/fight and do whatever it takes to get the car on Saturday.

Just a quick question - if I manage to convince him to deliver the car, I will have the Delivery Note, Insurance coverage, and Temp Registration. I know the temp registration would be valid for 15 days at least. Any risk in taking delivery with these documents alone?

Cheers!
DueLLeR
DueLLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2008, 11:32   #21

Default Delivery

Quote:
Thanks, FaeLLe. My car is being registered in Vashi (MH-43), which is a octroi free zone. I won't have an octroi reciept at any time.

I spoke to the dealer and he was giving me bull about showroom policy of not delivering the car before registration. He says he would be able to deliver the car only after getting the Tax reciept from RTO, i.e. after registration is complete. I'm planning to argue/fight and do whatever it takes to get the car on Saturday.

Just a quick question - if I manage to convince him to deliver the car, I will have the Delivery Note, Insurance coverage, and Temp Registration. I know the temp registration would be valid for 15 days at least. Any risk in taking delivery with these documents alone?

Cheers!
DueLLeR
He cannot stop your delivery as you have already paid him and most of your documents are there except the registration. I got my bmw last week and it was also not registered at the time of delivery. I took my car on delivery note,insurance and temp registration. You can freely drive around but as mentioned before by another member just dont speed or dui.
etch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2008, 23:58   #22

Yeah, he really cant stop delivery of the car. Registration can take place in 2 hrs, he is probably delaying due to not finishing pending work on the car (such as any accessories you might have ordered).

You are allowed to register the car yourself, you can merely tell him that you are not interested in registering the car at all and want to export it! He will be forced to hand it over to you in a TMP registration.

Then go at your own leisure to the RTO and register it.

Quote:

Cheers!
DueLLeR
FaeLLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2013, 17:53   #23
BHPian

I am buying a new car in Noida tomorrow. My query is whether i can drive the car to Gurgaon via Delhi on the temp no provided by the dealer or not. The dealer said I can drive within Noida but can't take it to delhi (other state). Another maruti dealer said that i can drive within NCR. i am confused now.
pulsarmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote