Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 12th July 2010, 07:12   #46
Senior - BHPian

I have been living in this city all my life. But in never I have faced such pathetic powercuts. We were forced to repair our Inverter 3 months ago which was lying absolutely useless for more than 2 -3 years because we simply did not need backup power. But now the situation has worsened. on an average in my area 4 + hours of powercuts(divided throughout the day). Plus every 2 hours there is a 10 minute short powercut. some area's suffer more or less. But the worst affected are those in rural areas with over 8-10 hours of powercuts!! Around april the excuse given for the reason behind the shortage of power was "No rains" , its practically raining cats and dogs here in Karnataka!. My Two Cents.
vinaydas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2013, 16:30   #47
BHPian

Default Re: Power cuts: alternative power sources

My office has been running on an inverter since 11 AM today. Fortunately, the weather is tolerable and haven't really missed the AC.
vinu_h is offline   Reply With Quote