Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2008, 09:11   #1
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,635
Thanked: 1,343 Times
Default What should I do with my Land Rover Sport?

Not mine ! Ryan's ! Read more about it at:
One Fewer - Decide what I should do with my Range Rover Sport


One Fewer SUV.

Since I moved back to San Francisco, I don't need a car, so I want to take this SUV off the road for good. If I sold it, it'd just keep polluting with someone else behind the wheel. So I'm leaving what to do with it to everyone to help me decide. The plan:
  1. Send me your ideas.

    Should we blow it up? Drive it off a cliff? Convert it to a biodiesel or plug-in hybrid and give it to an organization that can use it to do something great? I'd expect that the best ideas will both be environmentally conscious and attention getting. Send me your ideas at ryan at onefewer.com.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 09:32   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,053
Thanked: 5,304 Times
Default

very well written this was
very funny too.

wish he would give me that Range Rover to use for a bit!
but I would probably have to sell all my worldly possessions to run the blighted thing even once a week for a joy ride!


Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Not mine ! Ryan's ! Read more about it at:
One Fewer - Decide what I should do with my Range Rover Sport


One Fewer SUV.

Since I moved back to San Francisco, I don't need a car, so I want to take this SUV off the road for good. If I sold it, it'd just keep polluting with someone else behind the wheel. So I'm leaving what to do with it to everyone to help me decide. The plan:
  1. Send me your ideas.

    Should we blow it up? Drive it off a cliff? Convert it to a biodiesel or plug-in hybrid and give it to an organization that can use it to do something great? I'd expect that the best ideas will both be environmentally conscious and attention getting. Send me your ideas at ryan at onefewer.com.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 21:50   #3
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North America
Posts: 960
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

I'll take it.

Who cares about gas prices these days? They are so cheap anyway.
sujaylahiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 22:34   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
iceman91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: melbourne/bangalore
Posts: 1,958
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
I'll take it.

Who cares about gas prices these days? They are so cheap anyway.
dont know what to say
iceman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 22:59   #5
BHPian
 
mohit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto / Kurukshetra
Posts: 640
Thanked: 119 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
I'll take it.

Who cares about gas prices these days? They are so cheap anyway.
Had it not been for the ON Canada part, I would have asked you the name of the planet where Windsor is! I am trying to look for sarcasm here but I can't find any!

Does UOW have some special gas pricing for its student ?
mohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 23:31   #6
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,635
Thanked: 1,343 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
I'll take it.

Who cares about gas prices these days? They are so cheap anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
dont know what to say
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit View Post
Had it not been for the ON Canada part, I would have asked you the name of the planet where Windsor is! I am trying to look for sarcasm here but I can't find any!

Does UOW have some special gas pricing for its student ?
14mpg! hello! come on! thats too much!
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics: Silver Land Rover Range Rover SE Gordon Super-Cars & Imports in India 38 4th May 2011 17:06
Land Rover To Mark 40th Anniversary Next June With The Unveiling Of The Range Rover L AyAn! The International Automotive Scene 4 2nd September 2009 02:09
Land Rover Unveil 2010 Range Rover Sport with all-new 510hp V8 Engine hanmust The International Automotive Scene 2 8th April 2009 20:53
Land Rover unveil the LRX - to be badged Range Rover Tstag The International Automotive Scene 26 14th March 2009 16:17


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks