Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

View Poll Results: How often do you think you need to wash your car ?
Once a week 95 48.72%
Once in a month 31 15.90%
Once in 3 months 7 3.59%
Every Service (6 months) 6 3.08%
Never 1 0.51%
Daily 55 28.21%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18th December 2012, 15:21   #91
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: How often do you wash your car ?

I don't have anybody else wash my cars. Only me.
And I manage to do it only once in 2 months, I need to improve :-)
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 17:48   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra

That can be quite a pain. I wash the car cover once a month. Simply soak it in soap water in a tub and rinse it next day. Drying on cloth line on the terrace.

I have kept a big bag inside the boot to store the car cover when its dirty. This helps keeping the boot clean.
Thanks. Now will see if I can wash it this way. Problem is drying it in my place.
offroad_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 18:03   #93
BHPian

Post Re: How often do you wash your car ?

Lucky enough to have engaged 2 of our apartment complex's security guards to wash our cars in the morning. As a result, all our cars get a bath 6 days of the week i.e. Monday through Saturday. Sundays they get a quick dry wipe down from me.

I also ensure I get the interior vacuumed once a week from him.

Once every 2 months or so, a thorough wash and interior shampooing from the professionals is in order.
Omtoatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2012, 10:49   #94
BHPian

I get my car washed by a guy (used to be 3 times a week). now after some water shortage issues in Pune, our society has made rules that cars can be washed only 2 days/week. I support that as I see car-washing as a very wasteful activity - especially when people just dump buckets of water and then wipe it rather than wiping with a wet cloth.

Often though on his designated days my car isn't parked at my home so I end up cleaning (nor washing) it myself.
Abhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2016, 16:37   #95
BHPian

The car is washed daily by the building guy, not bad at Rs.600/- bucks a month.
Once a week, the car gets pressure diesel wash to get rid of the grime at the hard to reach places. Usually, I'm never happy with this kind of wash especially for the shoddy job done to the interiors. However, can't expect much at Rs.350/- so then I have to go over the interiors myself. When the car was not being used daily like 2 years ago, it was twice a week.
GranvilleDsouza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 10:58   #96
BHPian

My car gets washed by the 'washing boy' once a week, for 200/- a month. Though it's inexpensive, quality of the wash is poor. I once saw him drop a wet towel onto the floor (unpaved), he picked it up, shook it a couple of times and resumed his wiping! I continue with him because it is very difficult for me to find the time to do it myself. Car gets a professional pressure wash every 4-5 months.
Geo_Ipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 11:21   #97
BHPian

Mine is once in every 2 weeks because of the fear of hard water damaging the car. Get it done outside always. Previously it was once a week and I did it myself

Last edited by centaur : 29th August 2016 at 11:22.
centaur is offline   Reply With Quote