Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 3rd October 2008, 14:48   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
hey zahed, the place looks beautiful.. nice place to relax and rejuvinate, one suggestion i would like to add is, iff possible provide a sitout by the stream, with a walkable path.. would be nice and cozy! all the best!!
Already have some thoughts in mind for providing a place by the stream along with a pathway.would take some time though till its implemented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Buddy please do take care of snakes man. Trust me in the monsoon the snakes usually move to higher grounds to aviod the waters and end up taking refuge in warm corners of the house. The best way to prevent them is to have like high steps to the house and also no stones in the garden where they can take refuge.
Also please dont store food grains at places where mice can come. Well these are some precautions to protect the inhabitants.
hey maddy getting a snake hook and tong made just incase its needed.there are no high steps to the house but i will surely try to spray some repellent around the house and the estate.
Old 3rd October 2008, 15:46   #77
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

There is some plants leaf which is supposed to be a repellant. Will give you the names.
Well going OT there is this small fly kinda thing which usually is circling on your head. Well there is this plant which acts as a repellant of that.
Old 3rd October 2008, 21:45   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
There is some plants leaf which is supposed to be a repellant. Will give you the names.
Well going OT there is this small fly kinda thing which usually is circling on your head. Well there is this plant which acts as a repellant of that.
so i need snake repellent,fly repellent and mosquito repellent.anymore you can think of??lol maybe a human repellent too
Old 6th October 2008, 00:29   #79
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Zahed place looks beautiful , Dont forget to put hammock as per my earlier suggestion please

For snakes just dig a small pit around 1 feet wide and 1.5 / 2 feet deep around the house similar to what is done in NCC camps , Snakes can not cross a squre shape pit , may be you can get exact specification from some army man.
Burning eucalyptus and neem leaves is good for mosquetoes.
Old 6th October 2008, 18:17   #80
BHPian

Hi Zahed,

Congrats. The place looks great and would like to visit you sometime. Having an estate with streams is def a big boost for business. Been thinking on the same lines as you on having a homestay done in coorg.

Going there next week to check on the possibilities and select some good spots and will be taking pictures.

I have a few questions :

1. How did you go about the license part? What was the cost?
2. What are the various things involved in starting a homestay? like approvals from particular people etc..

Please advise on anything else that is required for starting such a venture.

Last edited by inder_s1 : 6th October 2008 at 18:18.
Old 12th October 2008, 02:06   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Congratulations Zahed place looks beautiful , Dont forget to put hammock as per my earlier suggestion please

For snakes just dig a small pit around 1 feet wide and 1.5 / 2 feet deep around the house similar to what is done in NCC camps , Snakes can not cross a squre shape pit , may be you can get exact specification from some army man.
Burning eucalyptus and neem leaves is good for mosquetoes.
well will surely do soemthing about snakes...hammocks will be there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post
Hi Zahed,

Congrats. The place looks great and would like to visit you sometime. Having an estate with streams is def a big boost for business. Been thinking on the same lines as you on having a homestay done in coorg.

Going there next week to check on the possibilities and select some good spots and will be taking pictures.

I have a few questions :

1. How did you go about the license part? What was the cost?
2. What are the various things involved in starting a homestay? like approvals from particular people etc..

Please advise on anything else that is required for starting such a venture.
hey inder starting a homestay is not easy.lots of rules and stuff.anyone wanting to start one has to reside at the place else it wont be approved.so unless your planning on staying at the place and running it yourself its better to drop the idea.lots of other stuff too..
Old 12th October 2008, 23:22   #82
BHPian

hi Zahed,
Have you given a thought to the financial part of the home stay? Cost per night, Food etc.
One more aspect would be to see if its possible to tie up with some travel agent to provide local one day tours. When ever I go out with family, I like to drive there, park the car for a couple of days and take the locally operated tours.
Old 13th October 2008, 15:26   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
hey inder starting a homestay is not easy.lots of rules and stuff.anyone wanting to start one has to reside at the place else it wont be approved.so unless your planning on staying at the place and running it yourself its better to drop the idea.lots of other stuff too..
Thanks for the inputs Zahed,

Yup, Planning to stay there itself buddy.

If poss, could you PM me the details w.r.t License and all or post it here?
Old 13th October 2008, 16:07   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_blore View Post
hi Zahed,
Have you given a thought to the financial part of the home stay? Cost per night, Food etc.
One more aspect would be to see if its possible to tie up with some travel agent to provide local one day tours. When ever I go out with family, I like to drive there, park the car for a couple of days and take the locally operated tours.
Hi ash.We havent yet fixed upon the cost aspect of it yet since its not yet fully functional.iam researching other homestays based on facilities and costs and the end result will be based on that.one thing for sure is i would definitely try to keep it as affordable as possible.Regarding the tours and travels i havent tied up with anyone yet.i have been toying with the idea of operating some local sight seeing myself without any external agents.would surely help to keep the costs low.
Old 13th October 2008, 16:17   #85
Senior - BHPian

Zayed,

A lot of progress going on. The place looks absolutely charming! Especially the stream.

I hope you have a good parking space in front; with so much of exposure, I am sure your place will be the default base being looked at for any Coorg event.

Was going to ask about OTR locations, as said by Khan, around your place.

@Samurai - what is your initial feedback or is tooooo early for that? (with another 3 months of work left, I might think so).
Old 13th October 2008, 16:32   #86
Senior - BHPian

Zahed, just happen to check this thread. The place is really in a nice locality. Great. Waiting for the completion

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Hey Zahed, this looks really good and is coming up very nicely. mmmm.. the stream seems like some OTR spots in the estate itself???
That is Khan bhai. What a Khan's post without mentioning about the opportunity of getting wet or dirt

Note: If you plan to ever board in his Gypsy, please make sure you have atleast one alternate clothes. Lol
Old 13th October 2008, 16:38   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
...Note: If you plan to ever board in his Gypsy, please make sure you have atleast one alternate clothes. Lol
Not entirely true!

This also applies if you are planning to get into ANY other vehicle that Khan might be in (driver / passenger )! He just has the flair of getting any SUV wet and dirty, period (even if the owner never even had a thought about it)!

Experience speaks!
Old 13th October 2008, 16:55   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Not entirely true!

This also applies if you are planning to get into ANY other vehicle that Khan might be in (driver / passenger )! He just has the flair of getting any SUV wet and dirty, period (even if the owner never even had a thought about it)!

Experience speaks!
Ha ha ha.. Guess Losing of one Chappal made you an well experienced guy. Sure agreed.
Old 13th October 2008, 17:55   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Zayed,

A lot of progress going on. The place looks absolutely charming! Especially the stream.

I hope you have a good parking space in front; with so much of exposure, I am sure your place will be the default base being looked at for any Coorg event.

Was going to ask about OTR locations, as said by Khan, around your place.

@Samurai - what is your initial feedback or is tooooo early for that? (with another 3 months of work left, I might think so).
There is about 4000sqft of flat open space just outside the entrance to the estate which can be used for parking.speaking about OTR,getting to the estate in itself is like an OTR in monsoons considering the mud road going through a forest.Dont really know if samurai liked th place since it was dirty with mud stones and everything else around as it is in a typical construction site.i could'nt show him the insides of the house since the house had just been washed from within.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Zahed, just happen to check this thread. The place is really in a nice locality. Great. Waiting for the completion

That is Khan bhai. What a Khan's post without mentioning about the opportunity of getting wet or dirt

Note: If you plan to ever board in his Gypsy, please make sure you have atleast one alternate clothes. Lol
Iam not able to find time to explore around.the moment i do i will try to find some good spots for OTR.

My first guests to the place were about 25 college friends of my brother's.atleast now i know that i can fit in more than 25ppl in the house alone.
Old 14th October 2008, 12:51   #90
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I liked the place buddy and here are some advice.
Please price it reasonably as i feel quite alot of them price it kinda exorbidantly.
Please make small trips yourself and try to cut the number of agents as this actually makes things look expensive.
Also while makeing the bookings be careful.
A plain example being a couple on a holiday and the rest are all bachelors.
Also is there places for a campfire and all?
Closed Thread