Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 24th June 2014, 05:48   #16
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Safe custody of gas connection

I tried to put my gas connection from Bharat Gas in safe custody as we had moved out of India. While they agency and Bharat Gas themselves were quick to put our connection in dormant state when we had not opted for a refill in 6 months (we relied more on an induction cooker then), they made it as difficult as possible when we tried to put it in safe custody ourselves.

We decided it wasn't worth the hassle, and left it as an added benefit for the tenants who were renting our apartment.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014, 09:55   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
While they agency and Bharat Gas themselves were quick to put our connection in dormant state when we had not opted for a refill in 6 months (we relied more on an induction cooker then), they made it as difficult as possible when we tried to put it in safe custody ourselves.
My Bharathgas connection was 'locked' when I didn't refill for more than six months. I have applied for reactivation, but they are making me run around for the past 3 months, with no sign of activation any time soom. If you really want to get things done from Bharathgas (safe custody/reactivation/new connection), it is better to approach through an agent.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 24th June 2014 at 09:58.
jinojohnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014, 11:01   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
My Bharathgas connection was 'locked' when I didn't refill for more than six months. I have applied for reactivation, but they are making me run around for the past 3 months, with no sign of activation any time soom. If you really want to get things done from Bharathgas (safe custody/reactivation/new connection), it is better to approach through an agent.
I feel your pain. We were provided an email contact within BharatGas from the agency was was asked to contact this person to reactivate the connection. We used the most pleading tone in the email, and my wife also had to follow it up with a call to their customer care section to get the connection reactivated. She also mentioned that we have a 5 year old and no other means to heat milk for the little one, to get the point across.

I have no qualms about them being proactive in deactivating, they need to show the same zeal for other processes too!
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014, 11:22   #19
BHPian

I had a very pleasing experience with Indane for reactivation of gas connection. All it took was a application letter, ID proof and the Indane gas booklet. It took 2 days for the reactivation and I could book it. One of the better run agency is Sheela Agency near mini forest , JP nagar ( at least my experience has been good )
mazda4life is online now   Reply With Quote