Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 19th August 2008, 16:50   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

Eventually, I believe Team-BHP intends to have a situation where you can order official merchandise, including stickers. I would suggest you wait and watch with some patience. I suppose GTO will let everyone know when and if that is possible. I have no idea.
Well we could wait for that.
Or just go down to milan subway and make a few hundred stickers like cyrus's. That would be the easiest.
Old 19th August 2008, 17:37   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Here's what I think. Even though no one asked me.

There should be a civic message. Something about sober driving, or responsible driving.

For every 50 wonderful, responsible forum members, there will be at least one over-enthusiatic racer, or drinker who is going to crash his car someday.

Do you want a Team-BHP.com, redlining the Indian Automotive scene sticker at the scene of a drink and drive accident or a dragrace gone wrong?
Oh take it from a marketing man, the journalists will have field day with that one.

The perpetrator in question was part of an automotive hobby club that promotes redlining, engine modification and even has an rpm meter with the needle pushed to the limit as part of its logo. No wonder the youngster was driven to this accident.

No, IMHO there are 2 things to be achieved from a civic message.

1) We show our collective values as a forum, promoting responsible driving and no drinking etc.

2) We protect our the reputation of our forum from potential mud-slinging in the case of an untoward accident.

But then I'm not even a car lover, why should anyone listen to me. I'll go do my work now. Good night, have fun with your stickers.
Valid point and this is exactly why the company cabs, ferrying employees have stopped using their corporate logos in these vehicles instead they have come up with surrogate logos for this purpose. Unless the idea is to promote team-bhp.com something like this should work. Perhaps just the rpm meter from the logo without the text will be good enough.
Old 19th August 2008, 19:54   #78
Senior - BHPian

My 2 cents,

@Bglsrini
Is it possible for you to print either the first one as displayed on the number plate and the other which is the one described by Vidyut?

IMHO, both these are approved by the tbhp mods and are pretty decent.
It can suit all types of cars.

They would not cost as much as a highly graphic one with multicolours. Also, I personally dislike any extra stickers on my car save a simple one line.

Srinivas, if you could source/manufacture these then we can distribute them to all those waiting eagerly for stickers at the earliest.

Regards,
Hari.
Old 19th August 2008, 20:07   #79
Senior - BHPian

I prefer 3rd and 4th myself.Are we planning to standardise them?
Old 19th August 2008, 23:48   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Me?

Eventually, I believe Team-BHP intends to have a situation where you can order official merchandise, including stickers. I would suggest you wait and watch with some patience. I suppose GTO will let everyone know when and if that is possible. I have no idea.
Why don't we just wait until the official stickers are out.
Old 20th August 2008, 11:08   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
if such a sticker were to carry a civic/ social responsibility message on it promoting our group values and demonstrating that we are responsible citizens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Why don't we just wait until the official stickers are out.
Team-BHP is a trademark owned by GTO (the founder and promoter of the website). Unauthorised use of this trademark is not permitted. I would suggest that anyone wanting to contribute ideas towards a sticker (either designing, printing, or distributing) should get GTO's permission first.

As Sam has stated, Rehaan has been entrusted with the job of working on a sticker design.

As far as civic messages are concerned the best we can say is stuff like
"Buckle up - Drive Safe" or "Drinking and Driving dont mix" yet we dotn want to be considered as preachers.

Using bumper stickers to promote a cause is not new but when the messages are civic/social it can backfire. A simple "Drive Safe" sticker using the colours, font and style of Team-BHP but without any reference to Team-BHP might be a better option.

Disclaimer: the above post is purely my personal opinion.
Old 20th August 2008, 11:13   #82
Senior - BHPian

I've worked in IPR so I understand your point well - I accept this completely.
Agreed that one doesnt want to preach etc but it would be more "politically correct" to spread a "Safe Driving" kind of message along with the club sticker provided of course that the message wording and artwork can be integrated into the logo/ branding unit itself without infringing any of the IPR rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Team-BHP is a trademark owned by GTO (the founder and promoter of the website). Unauthorised use of this trademark is not permitted. I would suggest that anyone wanting to contribute ideas towards a sticker (either designing, printing, or distributing) should get GTO's permission first.

As Sam has stated, Rehaan has been entrusted with the job of working on a sticker design.

As far as civic messages are concerned the best we can say is stuff like
"Buckle up - Drive Safe" or "Drinking and Driving dont mix" yet we dotn want to be considered as preachers.

Using bumper stickers to promote a cause is not new but when the messages are civic/social it can backfire. A simple "Drive Safe" sticker using the colours, font and style of Team-BHP but without any reference to Team-BHP might be a better option.

Disclaimer: the above post is purely my personal opinion.
Old 20th August 2008, 11:30   #83
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I have been closely watching this thread. I think its time to put something in action.
A small discussion on how to spend the little excess money has invited a new thread with almost 6 pages of various response.
Hari, its time that we decide. I will PM you to discuss rather than make this thread keep growing more & more.
Old 20th August 2008, 11:42   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
I think its time to put something in action.
A small discussion on how to spend the little excess money has invited a new thread with almost 6 pages of various response.
I will PM you to discuss rather than make this thread keep growing more & more.
mjothi, if you have a little excess money, I suggest you give it to charity, instead of wasting it on stickers.

As far as the stickers are concerned:
A discussion is necessary. That is why you joined a forum. To discuss.

Lastly...
Quote:
Hari, its time that we decide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Team-BHP is a trademark..Unauthorised use of this trademark is not permitted.
It is not yours to decide. You will only end up creating an unauthorised, unofficial and illegal sticker.

As I have said before, if you want to go to a sticker-wala and cut out a simple Team-BHP.com to show off your membership, no discussion is necessary here. Go do it.

If you are looking to standardise and distribute Team-BHP official logo stickers, you cannot do this without discussion and consent of the people who own the intellectual rights to this logo.

You will have to approach the support team, in particular GTO and Rehaan for this. There is no way around this step.
Old 20th August 2008, 11:53   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is not yours to decide. You will only end up creating an unauthorised, unofficial and illegal sticker.
I appreciate your feedback. But I have not mentioned here what I was about to discuss with him in PM. Since you have raised this, let me.

I have requested him if it is possible to print the "approved" sticker from the forum which is available in this thread. (and a group photo)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post383845 (Team-BHP Reflective STICKERS Are Here !!!!)

So, I think this should clear the clouds.

Btw, I have mentioned the same thing before in this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post939716 (Yet Another Sticker Discussion)

Last edited by mjothi : 20th August 2008 at 12:00.
Old 20th August 2008, 12:05   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have requested him if it is possible to print the "approved" sticker from the forum which is available in this thread.
That sticker was not printed. Nor is it an approved sticker as such. It is simply the words that are the name of this forum. Needs no approval.

It was cut by a radium sticker-wala. The guys who make number plates.
Exactly what I suggest you do. Easy and needs no discussion or action. Just go to the number-plate wala.
Just make it all capital now or make the T and BHP capital, that is all that needs to be done.

And if you are going to put a group photo of everyone and write the words Team-BHP across it, what is there to ask? It is done on the forum every single day.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 20th August 2008 at 12:08.
Old 20th August 2008, 12:16   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just go to the number-plate wala.
Just make it all capital now or make the T and BHP capital, that is all that needs to be done.

And if you are going to put a group photo of everyone and write the words Team-BHP across it, what is there to ask? It is done on the forum every single day.
Ok, let me detail what I really meant.

"to discuss" -> is to discuss and see if we can print both (the sticker and photo) with the available fund

"to decide" -> this is to decide when and where to print and distribute.

The photo is different. Probably this link will help
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...tml#post937497 (Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics)
Old 20th August 2008, 12:25   #88
BHPian

Quote:
From what I understand of it:
Team-BHP as a brand can only be written in two ways.

1) In full caps W W W . T E A M - B H P . C O M

2) In mixed letters w w w . T e a m - B H P . com

Sam,
Second one looks good. From whatever usability experience I have, I would go with the second one as it has a better chance of somebody catching the two key words "team" and "BHP" while driving on road even if its a small glimpse.

What I am saying is that if there is any interest triggered in the mind of the person seeing it, he may try googling these two key words and hopefully he will arrive to this forum.
Old 20th August 2008, 12:35   #89
Senior - BHPian

Guys! I strongly feel we should take Sam's suggestion on this and wait for GTO or Rehaan to respond and comment on this issue instead of giving each one of our opinions and the designs that should go on the stickers.

Folks! Just wait for GTO's and Rehaan's response on this.
Old 20th August 2008, 13:35   #90
BHPian

I agree with Sam's view, let GTO & Rehaan revert with their thoughts on the usage of the Brand Name. Thought I too would love to have the stickers, let’s not have a copyright infringement about the brand Team-BHP.

I read through the 6 pages and I agree that in case if some one gets involved in a drunk and driving or a fast and furious incident then we are going to get a bad name for our community; now a days Media just waits for every opportunity for breaking news.

Request all who are going to use the “approved stickers” to ensure that all we drive sensibly and safely. Take care not to drink and drive, also appreciate that there are other drivers too out on the streets.

PS: the above opinions are personal and not intended to any one in particular.
Closed Thread