Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2008, 16:38   #91
BHPian
 
Veelubai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: B'lore/Trichur
Posts: 286
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Guys,this is something which I had on my car.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...41-medium-.jpg

Last edited by Veelubai : 20th August 2008 at 16:48.
Veelubai is offline  
Old 21st August 2008, 13:11   #92
BHPian
 
PatchyBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 822
Thanked: 1,187 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

...if you have a little excess money, I suggest you give it to charity, instead of wasting it on stickers.
Sam,

I suggested we do that, when the discussion of what to do with the extra money. The idea was voted down - I was the only one for it. I personally feel that while we have enough resources to spend Rs. 250 per person - that excludes the fule costs - to have a good time for 6 hours, we do not have the heart to contribute the left over change to some one needy.

And we go ahead and spend all these manhours and resources on discussing what kind of sticker we want.

Cheers,
Rajan
PatchyBoy is offline  
Old 21st August 2008, 13:38   #93
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,385 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Sam,

I suggested we do that, when the discussion of what to do with the extra money. The idea was voted down - I was the only one for it.
You are a good man Patchy. Good idea to spend on those cannot afford food, let alone fun-filled meets with their friends.

Also we should pack up all the extra food after Team-BHP meets and distribute them to the homeless on the streets. That doesn't take much effort.

But in any case, this is a discussion for another thread.
Sam Kapasi is offline  
Old 21st August 2008, 14:46   #94
Senior - BHPian
 
sushrutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chikmagalur/Ban
Posts: 1,702
Thanked: 322 Times
Default

This is what I have on my rear windshield of my OHC.
It's simple, It serves it's purpose and says I'm proud to be associated with TEAM-BHP
Attached Thumbnails
Yet Another Sticker Discussion-sushruth-252.jpg  

sushrutha is offline  
Old 21st August 2008, 15:13   #95
Senior - BHPian
 
sushrutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chikmagalur/Ban
Posts: 1,702
Thanked: 322 Times
Default

1 more pic... Sorry forgot to add it in my previous post.
Attached Thumbnails
Yet Another Sticker Discussion-sushruth-050.jpg  

sushrutha is offline  
Old 21st August 2008, 15:20   #96
BHPian
 
mohang_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 270
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
You are a good man Patchy. Good idea to spend on those cannot afford food, let alone fun-filled meets with their friends.

Also we should pack up all the extra food after Team-BHP meets and distribute them to the homeless on the streets. That doesn't take much effort.

But in any case, this is a discussion for another thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Sam,
I personally feel that while we have enough resources to spend Rs. 250 per person - that excludes the fule costs - to have a good time for 6 hours, we do not have the heart to contribute the left over change to some one needy.
Cheers,
Rajan
As SAM mentioned why don't we start a thread?
We can collect some money\clothes etc from members periodically and some one can delver them to the NGO's who will take care of distribution.
This is my personal opinion
mohang_j is offline  
Old 21st August 2008, 15:29   #97
BHPian
 
Mr.Bangalore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 358
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohang_j View Post
As SAM mentioned why don't we start a thread?
We can collect some money\clothes etc from members periodically and some one can delver them to the NGO's who will take care of distribution.
This is my personal opinion
I can do that, but only for animals, i do celebrate my special occastions by providing the dog foods, bread to the animals, for an NGO ARF.
Mr.Bangalore is offline  
Old 21st August 2008, 15:33   #98
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,385 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohang_j View Post
We can collect some money\clothes etc from members periodically and some one can delver them to the NGO's who will take care of distribution.
This is my personal opinion
We have been through a similar discussion on another thread. I do not think opening a "Let's do some charity" thread is the answer.

I think each one of us can do some charity in his micro-universe. The best charity is the one that is done silently.
Sam Kapasi is offline  
Old 21st August 2008, 15:38   #99
Senior - BHPian
 
mjothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,252
Thanked: 216 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohang_j View Post
As SAM mentioned why don't we start a thread?
We can collect some money\clothes etc from members periodically and some one can delver them to the NGO's who will take care of distribution.
This is my personal opinion
Never plan for these things. Do it before you think twice else you may change your mind. Other important thing is, just do it yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I think each one of us can do some charity in his micro-universe. The best charity is the one that is done silently.
Right on point.
mjothi is offline  
Old 21st August 2008, 15:39   #100
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,053
Thanked: 5,304 Times
Default

Yes Sam

I seem to remember having had this discussion with you and several others on some other thread.

And YES, it is important to remain focussed and do something for the people who belong to one's own micro-universe, starting with the daily maid and other attendants/ help/ office boys, less fortunate people and animals in the neighbourhood etc.

That is the best way to make a small difference to the world around us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
We have been through a similar discussion on another thread. I do not think opening a "Let's do some charity" thread is the answer.

I think each one of us can do some charity in his micro-universe. The best charity is the one that is done silently.
shankar.balan is offline  
Old 21st August 2008, 15:43   #101
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,053
Thanked: 5,304 Times
Default

COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC: SORRY: But, this is a nice thing you do. I love animals too and make contributions to CUPA in Hebbal who look after the strays and other abandoned animals - from dogs to cows to horses etc etc. They are good people there.

I wish more people would just contribute a small amount to look after all those poor creatures, many of whom have silently and loyally served their human masters only to be asked to buzz off when their apparent usefulness was over and done with. Poor things. Most unfair on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
I can do that, but only for animals, i do celebrate my special occastions by providing the dog foods, bread to the animals, for an NGO ARF.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 21st August 2008 at 15:45.
shankar.balan is offline  
Old 21st August 2008, 16:11   #102
BHPian
 
mohang_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 270
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I think each one of us can do some charity in his micro-universe. The best charity is the one that is done silently.
100% I agree with you SAM.I dint mean that we have to do it for publicity.I was just thinking of collective effort.
mohang_j is offline  
Old 21st August 2008, 16:20   #103
Senior - BHPian
 
Lukeskywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,396
Thanked: 1,148 Times
Default

Quote:
I suggested we do that, when the discussion of what to do with the extra money. The idea was voted down - I was the only one for it.
@ Rajan
I was remembering that when Sam suggested giving away the money to charity. I even made an uncharitable remark when you were voted out, feeling sorry ever since.
Hope I can make it up somehow.


Quote:
COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC: SORRY: But, this is a nice thing you do. I love animals too and make contributions to CUPA in Hebbal who look after the strays and other abandoned animals - from dogs to cows to horses etc etc. They are good people there.
I have adopted quite a few strays from CUPA for my farm, they call me whenever they feel they have too many strays.
Lukeskywalker is offline  
Old 21st August 2008, 16:35   #104
BHPian
 
mansidea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 238
Thanked: Once
Default

STICKERS... STICKERS... STICKERS.... Shall we get back to them?
mansidea is offline  
Old 21st August 2008, 16:59   #105
BHPian
 
bglsrini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

sticker discussion is always a discussion....... can we get it ?
bglsrini is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another weekend, yet another Hill Station - Yelagiri Mr.Boss Travelogues 7 2nd August 2014 23:02
Pics : The Mondial - Yet Another Ferrari in Bombay. v12 Super-Cars & Imports in India 53 24th October 2008 19:18
OH NO!! Another Ferrari Enzo crashed.. and another... and another (w/ video) GTO The International Automotive Scene 72 26th May 2007 14:09
Another crash, another fire, another death in Delhi suman Street Experiences 7 15th December 2006 15:30
Yet Another late intro... Venom_rider Introduce yourself 7 25th April 2006 13:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks